Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.
Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 16:03 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
R-M-R wrote:
Arnoodles,

I'm 6' and ride about the same size as the Tyee 29 XL. Personal preferences have to be considered, of course, but I agree with MrMiyagi: at your height, even XL is too small in many bikes and I would only recommend a Large in brands where Large is way out of line with other Larges - i.e. when it's actually a typical XL, labeled as Large.

The Tyee 29 XL is longer than the reach suggests, due to the high stack. It's essentially spot-on average for a 2019 / 2020 XL - couple millimeters short, if we're being precise - which is at the lower end of what I recommend to folks your size, but not unreasonable. You might consider a larger bike if you plan to slam your seat forward for a steeper seat-tube angle and you like a super short stem; if you like your seat a bit rearward and a moderate stem length, this should be okay.

Keeping in mind a bike is so much more than its kinematics, the motion ratio is medium/high progressive and the pedaling anti-squat is likewise (I don't know what ratio and centre of mass they chose for their chart; certainly not the same as what I use*). It's not ideal to have the anti-squat start low and rise for most of the travel, but it's not a deal-breaker. Brake squat starts moderately high and ends moderately low. Again, this is the reverse of what I would do, but it's also not a big deal.

Overall, the geometry and kinematics are pretty much dead centre of what we're seeing in this category for 2019 - present. If I were your height, I'd look for something longer, but it's not unreasonably small for you.

* This is not to say one is better than the other. I feel pretty confident about my centre of mass locations for each size, but the choice of sprockets has a huge influence on the anti-squat and is highly arbitrary. It would be better to show the anti-squat curves of all ratios - at the very least, to disclose the ratio used.

Yeah but you don't know about bike fits so.... lol lol I KID!!!

Pfft, BBLB and R-M-R don't know shit, This video is the authoritative guide.

Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 16:05 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Yeah but you don't know about bike fits so.... lol lol I KID!!!

Too soon.

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 2:43 Quote
Check this one guysDrool

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 2:48 Quote
Debating getting mine done in a similar colour

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 3:35 Quote
Lovely burgundy color

Theocr wrote:
Check this one guysDrool

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 3:37 Quote
Theocr wrote:
Check this one guysDrool

Trail bike yes? Not Enduro? Short travel Murmur?

I love it anyway, coil version on(^) sexiest trail bike thread

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 3:37 Quote
hairy-g wrote:

Ooooooh niiiiice

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 3:42 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
hairy-g wrote:

Ooooooh niiiiice
Too many options haha

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 6:11 Quote
Theocr wrote:
Check this one guysDrool

Well this looks good!

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 7:31 Quote
Where's that guy who will argue that it's purple and mock Burgundy for being 'the masculine purple'?

That is a very sexy bike.

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 7:49 Quote
Let him whine if he wants, that thing is damned good.

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 9:50 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
Where's that guy who will argue that it's purple and mock Burgundy for being 'the masculine purple'?

That is a very sexy bike.

That guy has a name FindingGnarNemo ...

Burgandy in this case works, as steel is real. Those cranks are a joke, just put on some Saints... The Pike looks dope too.

Haters gonna hate, but this bike is something special.

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 10:06 Quote
how are titanium cranks a joke?

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016606
Mobile Version of Website