Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.
Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 0:14 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
R-M-R wrote:
sherbet wrote:
Ps, the power thing is honestly such a joke. Our Shimano rep has gone on record saying Saint has vastly too much power for anyone other than top tier pro riders, 300lb dudes, and idiots that keep asking for more power without understanding modulation. That's literally from the mouth of Shimano. Hope isn't as powerful as a Saint or otherwise, but you're having a laugh if you honestly believe they aren't powerful enough. I can lock my front brake with skimpy ass rotors. Why on earth would more power help?

I've recently noticed something that could explain some of the wildly disparate experiences with brake power:

• Riders who can never have enough power often actuate the brake by hooking the pad of their distal phalanx on the lever - i.e. the very end of their finger. The lever is usually rotated down, toward the ground.
• Riders who don't understand all the fuss about brake power usually brake at the joint between the distal and intermediate phalanges or in the middle of the intermediate phalanx and position the lever closer to horizontal.

There's a huge difference in leverage between these positions.

One wacky friend of mine brakes with the intermediate phalanx of his middle finger and could probably get by with cantilevers. Lots of strength on tap there, but reduced bar control.

Also if you have your bikes in a tiny apartment and use a lot of cooking oil I feel like that can cause problems too. Gets in the air. At least that's the only reason I can think of that my brakes always have less power than my buddies (even with the same model of brake)

https://muc-off.com/products/disc-brake-covers
Get some of these when you store your bike

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 0:27 Quote
milan89ers wrote:

It's my bike, thanks to posting it. Cheers.
Well deserved, love the colour tup

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 5:48 Quote
kwapik wrote:
sosburn wrote:

They dont make a black one?

The progressive Valt coil spring is only available in white.

Why it has to be Cane creek? MRP has had a black progressive spring available much longer than Cane creek

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 14:33 Quote
sherbet wrote:
niconj wrote:
skerby wrote:
You can overcome the power issue by pulling the levers harder. A good rider can outbreak a bad rider, even if good riders brakes are shit. You see this all the time in amatuer motocross.

It's good to not have to pull the levers like a berserk to generate that power though. I have the DRTs and will never go back to Hope. Good brakes but lack power imo.

Do you weigh 350lbs or is your pointer finger anemic?

Neither. I have enough power in my fingers having ridden trials for a long time. Hopes are ok, don‘t get me wrong, but already the lever pull to the bite point is too much (didn‘t get Hope team downhill riders special softer springs for their levers?) and to perform a stoppie takes a lot more power than with the DRTs I own now (same rotors and pads).

You can use your brakes and be happy with them, I‘m happy with the DRTs and apart from the price point, they offer the same benefits as a Hope brake.

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 14:57 Quote
Alloy Santa Cruz frames look better than the carbon ones with the sleeker lines, change my mind

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 15:01 Quote
Upduro wrote:
Alloy Santa Cruz frames look better than the carbon ones with the sleeker lines, change my mind

Why would I oppose the truth?

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 15:22 Quote
marin8ted wrote:
milan89ers wrote:

It's my bike, thanks to posting it. Cheers.
Well deserved, love the colour tup

Yeah that bike is dope

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 19:47 Quote
Yeah that bike is broke

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 20:43 Quote
I just can't like it.. I feel like the lines are all over the place, especially the rear triangle to front triangle relationship.

Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 6:35 Quote
Just came here to post the very same! Colour coordinated forks always do it for me.

Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 13:20 Quote
all the fonts are big bold italics goes so good

Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 16:29 Quote
marin8ted wrote:
What kind of tires are those?

Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 16:32 Quote
The sidewall indicates they're MSC Singletrack and Tractor.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016230
Mobile Version of Website