Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.
Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 18:02 Quote
crujonesisradd SB165. Schwinggg

photo

O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 18:07 Quote
Funny how 27.5 wheels look small now that 29 is so abundant.

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 20:51 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:

Bikes are getting longer, too.

O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 21:32 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:

Bikes are getting longer, too.

I suppose that's sort of being masked by the larger wheels

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 21:42 Quote
Exactly. Everything is being scaled up.

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 21:44 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
Exactly. Everything is being scaled up.

Which has been great for me as a tall and long rider. More bikes that actually fit!

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 22:20 Quote
Absolutely! Even current sizing makes little sense. The typical difference in length from a Small to XXL is about 10 cm, despite the recommended rider size changing by over 30 cm. It's a rare treat when a company changes the rear-centre length across the size range, but we need to do a lot more than that.

As you've probably experienced, tall riders are best served by companies making the longest of the long bikes, which suggests a "normal" XL or XXL isn't even close. A Trek Slash in size XL fits like a Nicolai G1 in size Small, for example. Riders at the ends of the height spectrum can't just use the bikes at opposite ends of a given company's size range; these outlier riders need to pursue entirely separate companies.

Sizing may still be a mess, but, as you noted, a few properly large off-the-shelf bikes exist for the first time in the history of mountain bikes. I think there's still room for bikes with the length of Nicolai or Pole, but without the slack head-tube angles those companies favour ... and their prices.

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 11:37 Quote
I want to love the fork, but it doesn't match anything else. Would look so fly with a bit more raw/polish to go with it. Really dig the look.

O+
Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 11:40 Quote
Fork would look great on a black frame with some stripped and polished cranks.

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 11:40 Quote
I keep thinking of doing that sorta thing to match my crankset. Maybe do seatpost body and a couple other things.

O+
Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 11:51 Quote
i feel like the kashima is kinda weird with the polished too, like it would look better with black stanchions

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 12:21 Quote
In person that fork probably looks killer with the XTR brakes that are on it. They never seem to pop in photos like they do in person though.

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 12:29 Quote
bubbaburger911 wrote:
In person that fork probably looks killer with the XTR brakes that are on it. They never seem to pop in photos like they do in person though.

What? Shit looks fly when it's matched and defo shows in photos. See bicyclerider.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.057033
Mobile Version of Website