Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.
Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 12:42 Quote
matt-15 wrote:
shirk-007 wrote:
I love that it's top end suspension and GX drivetrain.
I applaud the owner for that, spending money where you'll really notice a difference

Completely agree.

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 16:55 Quote
Upduro wrote:
garrisond5 wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
Settle down son, it’s only an opinion. If that’s the look you were going for you succeeded. But hey, consider this a life lesson. Post your own bike up to be judged on a public forum and be prepared that not everyone will like exactly what you built.
LMFAO!!!!

For someone who wasn’t able to read the thread title your contributions remain remarkably useless.

I strive for consistency in all things.

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 18:02 Quote
crujonesisradd SB165. Schwinggg

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 18:07 Quote
Funny how 27.5 wheels look small now that 29 is so abundant.

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 20:51 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:

Bikes are getting longer, too.

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 21:32 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:

Bikes are getting longer, too.

I suppose that's sort of being masked by the larger wheels

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 21:42 Quote
Exactly. Everything is being scaled up.

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 21:44 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
Exactly. Everything is being scaled up.

Which has been great for me as a tall and long rider. More bikes that actually fit!

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 22:20 Quote
Absolutely! Even current sizing makes little sense. The typical difference in length from a Small to XXL is about 10 cm, despite the recommended rider size changing by over 30 cm. It's a rare treat when a company changes the rear-centre length across the size range, but we need to do a lot more than that.

As you've probably experienced, tall riders are best served by companies making the longest of the long bikes, which suggests a "normal" XL or XXL isn't even close. A Trek Slash in size XL fits like a Nicolai G1 in size Small, for example. Riders at the ends of the height spectrum can't just use the bikes at opposite ends of a given company's size range; these outlier riders need to pursue entirely separate companies.

Sizing may still be a mess, but, as you noted, a few properly large off-the-shelf bikes exist for the first time in the history of mountain bikes. I think there's still room for bikes with the length of Nicolai or Pole, but without the slack head-tube angles those companies favour ... and their prices.

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 11:37 Quote
I want to love the fork, but it doesn't match anything else. Would look so fly with a bit more raw/polish to go with it. Really dig the look.

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 11:40 Quote
Fork would look great on a black frame with some stripped and polished cranks.

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 11:40 Quote
I keep thinking of doing that sorta thing to match my crankset. Maybe do seatpost body and a couple other things.

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 11:51 Quote
i feel like the kashima is kinda weird with the polished too, like it would look better with black stanchions

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015566
Mobile Version of Website