Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.
Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 19:39 Quote
traqs wrote:
the assegai has better mud clearing, lets it move through the frame easier if it gets super muddy. Less grip on the rear is more fun, for me at least, because I like drifting around corners and whatnot. DHF is made to be on the front, works dreams.

That makes sense. But to put one of the slowest rolling, softest and grippiest tires in the rear doesn’t imo. Maybe if it was assegai f/r I could see that but to me DHF/Assegai just seems random.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 19:39 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
I find the Assegai is really good but sometimes the taller side knobs fold over during hard cornering on rock/hard pack.

The dhf does significantly better in these situations.

I’ve noticed that aswell

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 19:55 Quote
jacoblindstrom wrote:
mtbman1980 wrote:
I find the Assegai is really good but sometimes the taller side knobs fold over during hard cornering on rock/hard pack.

The dhf does significantly better in these situations.

I’ve noticed that aswell
I've noticed this with the EXT but not so much with the DD....

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 21:03 Quote
rtclark wrote:
photo

s-works builds are always so extra

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 21:21 Quote
So many other companies need to start taking note of Spec. Their aesthetics are just so damned good. Feel like with SC you go between decent and puke (tallboy) but they could easily give them a job like that and have it fully dialed.

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 10:57 Quote
Huck to flat jokes aside, I can’t bring myself to like poles, they just look broken, despite hanging all the blingest kit off them.

O+
Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 11:25 Quote
tomhoward379 wrote:
Huck to flat jokes aside, I can’t bring myself to like poles, they just look broken, despite hanging all the blingest kit off them.

Agreed. Love their innovative construction techniques and the progressive geometry, but I can't get over their lines.

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 12:49 Quote
PHeller wrote:
tomhoward379 wrote:

Agreed. Love their innovative construction techniques and the progressive geometry, but I can't get over their lines.
The Evolink frames are really nice to look at, but I'm not sure how I feel about the Machine and Stamina

O+
Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 12:54 Quote
They are even worse, IMO.

O+
Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 13:05 Quote
Let me illustrate:

Each colored line represents a piece of tubing on the Pole Evolink. The only two lines that are similar are the Downtube purple and chainstay seatstay brace brown .

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 13:12 Quote
PHeller wrote:
Love their innovative construction techniques [ ... ]

Why?

O+
Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 13:22 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
PHeller wrote:
Love their innovative construction techniques [ ... ]

Why?

I don't really find anything they are doing to be that "innovative" from a manufacturing stand point.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.032555
Mobile Version of Website