Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.
Posted: Feb 20, 2020 at 23:48 Quote
mickeydesadist2 wrote:
why does his cassette and chainring look like todays?

The photo with the red and black jersey is modern. The frame, fork, and rims are painted to look like the earlier S-Works bike.

Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 0:04 Quote
mickeydesadist2 wrote:
no1000 wrote:
Body position can tell you a lot about a rider.

Notice the grey hair.

Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 0:05 Quote
mickeydesadist2 wrote:
no1000 wrote:

Pro’s get access to stuff REALLY early in the development cycle ;-)

Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 7:40 Quote
Bahaha.

Ned Overend could kick all of our asses on any of our rides, even pussyfooting on descents. The dude is no joke when it comes to cranking out miles. He's also 65.

He recently rode down at McDowell in Phoenix and was setting 2nd and 3rd place Strava segments on a 20 mile ride. The only place he didn't were the technical descents.

He's never been much for technical downhill, which is why Tomac usually won those styles of races back when they competed (and why Tomac got into DH after his XC career.)

I don't think Ned cares about using a dropper. Plus he usually doing road, XC, marathon style marketing and those guys haven't embraced the droppers yet.

Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 9:10 Quote
Talking shit on Ned goddamned Overend. Y'all crack me up sometimes.

Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 10:03 Quote
mickeydesadist2 wrote:
no1000 wrote:

Just the rider is vintage.....the bike is fairly current.

Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 11:40 Quote
People still ride continental tires that are not sponsored by continental? Weird.

Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 12:58 Quote
PHeller wrote:
Bahaha.

Ned Overend could kick all of our asses on any of our rides, even pussyfooting on descents. The dude is no joke when it comes to cranking out miles. He's also 65.

Holy shit, 1700 kms already this year!? I want to be like Ned at 65..

Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 13:16 Quote
EWS rider Cody Kelley's dad is a freaking beast as well. I follow him on strava and he gets after it on some gnarly trails and climbs. Dude is in his 60's and has 268 miles (~430km) for the month of February alone so far.

Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 13:16 Quote
Tsoxbhk wrote:
People still ride continental tires that are not sponsored by continental? Weird.
My personal experience is that they work really well for about 6 rides then they warp.

Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 13:18 Quote
i ride 'em, like them, running a derkaiser on the front, and a derbaron on the back.. works, but i haven't tried anthing else, and they are still fine after a year of heavy riding

Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 13:22 Quote
Tsoxbhk wrote:

The Der Baron are are good tire. Mind you I did get them free from a friend that didn't like them as they wouldn't run tubeless well for him and I just ran them with tubes.

Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 15:35 Quote
Continental claims to be using new casings for this season. Here's hoping they've solved their issues of QC, air retention, and compliance, as they've always had good rubber. It would be nice to have another strong option.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015564
Mobile Version of Website