Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.
Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 18:43 Quote
scjeremy wrote:
ATV25 wrote:
The city where I live just procured a $6.7mil grant for park improvements. Bike park is on the agenda !!!
That’s sick. I’ve heard great things about the riding in your area. Gotta get a road trip going this spring. Maybe southern OR also.

I don't get out much, too much work LOL Our company will bid on the construction of different parts of the improvements. We are doing 3 projects for the city right now. There are some good trails around here along with Mt Shasta Ski Park an hour north, another hour up the road is Mt Ashland both are great !

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 8:46 Quote
its-chris wrote:

You local? Taylor is a nice guy!! and that bike is hot!!

Yes I am!

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 10:58 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Lewis Buchanan s Forbidden Druid ready for the 2020 season.

I don’t understand the people who ride the DHF in the front and the Assegai in the rear. Seems silly

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 11:07 Quote
the assegai has better mud clearing, lets it move through the frame easier if it gets super muddy. Less grip on the rear is more fun, for me at least, because I like drifting around corners and whatnot. DHF is made to be on the front, works dreams.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 11:12 Quote
Isnt' the Assguy a trimmed DHRII? Or rather, made to mimic a trimmed down DHRII?

DHRII is a great front or rear tire, so it'd make sense in that regard.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 11:28 Quote
traqs wrote:
the assegai has better mud clearing, lets it move through the frame easier if it gets super muddy. Less grip on the rear is more fun, for me at least, because I like drifting around corners and whatnot. DHF is made to be on the front, works dreams.

If anything i feel like the assegai has more grip than the DHF.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 11:29 Quote
jacoblindstrom wrote:
whattheheel wrote:
Lewis Buchanan s Forbidden Druid ready for the 2020 season.

I don’t understand the people who ride the DHF in the front and the Assegai in the rear. Seems silly

maybe they hate doing skids

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 15:18 Quote
sosburn wrote:
traqs wrote:

This^
Assegai has more grip than the DHF. Best combo for me is Assegai front DHR II rear for the shoulder seasons. Then Assegai front Aggressor rear when things get dry and dusty.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 15:26 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
sosburn wrote:
traqs wrote:

This^
Assegai has more grip than the DHF. Best combo for me is Assegai front DHR II rear for the shoulder seasons. Then Assegai front Aggressor rear when things get dry and dusty.

Try the Dissector on the rear when its dry and dusty , its really good ... all around for that matter, braking is nearly as good as the DHR2 but rolls much better

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 15:55 Quote
Silliker269 wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
sosburn wrote:

This^

Try the Dissector on the rear when its dry and dusty , its really good ... all around for that matter, braking is nearly as good as the DHR2 but rolls much better

If you can find one!

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 16:48 Quote
Assegai grip on entire tread profile allowing 'shit on a blanket' traction, where as the DHF has that weird 'no grip zone' when leaning into corners making it a better rear tyre for drifting. Lately I've been riding rocky fast DH and shreading tyres, they all seem to be spilting where rock points get into the gaps between knobs slicing the casing. Have had better luck with Assegai and Agressors as there are more knobs closer together. I've bought some Dissectors however they massive gaps between knobs and will probably get sliced first run....

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 16:56 Quote
the aggressor has that weird combing between the knobs that definitely helps in the dust. im using a butcher on the rear right now for low tire weight/rolling resistance gainz but ill go back to dd aggressor during the summer

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016785
Mobile Version of Website