Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.
O+
Posted: Mar 6, 2020 at 1:09 Quote
The Rock Shox I’ve ridden recently have been rubbish. CC is awesome when working, but in my experience not super reliable.

The X2 isn’t perfect, but Avalanche can make it perfect...

Posted: Mar 6, 2020 at 2:59 Quote
One of my bikes has cane creek dB air
One has x2
One has dhx2 on progressive spring
They are all good in their own way I suppose.

Dat coil tho.... damn

Posted: Mar 6, 2020 at 7:39 Quote
tomhoward379 wrote:
photo

So sick

O+
Posted: Mar 6, 2020 at 8:05 Quote
heinous wrote:
The Rock Shox I’ve ridden recently have been rubbish. CC is awesome when working, but in my experience not super reliable.

The X2 isn’t perfect, but Avalanche can make it perfect...

Exactly when the CC is working its great and like shred said it can't cope well with the heat. The Float X2 has all the performance of CC but does't need the internals replaced every 6 months.

Posted: Mar 6, 2020 at 8:21 Quote
Has anyone actually used a Cane Creek shock since they did major updates a couple seasons ago? I had a great experience with my CCDB on my V10, but it wasn't the air shock. I know plenty of people who swore off fox after owning a 2012 fork. Just wondering if this is the same effect.

O+
Posted: Mar 6, 2020 at 8:48 Quote
Manitou Mara will be one to watch. Easy to tune, easy to rebuild, really cool flexible IFP allows for great initial sensitivity.

O+
Posted: Mar 6, 2020 at 9:27 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
I wouldn't touch a Cane Crap shock again. People from NC have no idea how to make a shock that holds up during long B.C. descents IMO. Yeah I said it.

Since Fox recalled the first X2's and went to a higher pressure air can nothing air can touch it. Just my opinion of course. If you like CC, DVO or whatever else keep calm and carry on.

CC make more than one shock, you need to back up your statement with what shock and bike combination you are talking about.

My CCDB Air CS has done just fine on a single pivot frame on plenty of long BC descents.

Posted: Mar 6, 2020 at 9:33 Quote
Cane Creek would have a great product if they increased the negative spring on the DB Air. Take the LinEair spring from the Inline shock and put it on the DB Air. They're that close to a great product.

O+
Posted: Mar 6, 2020 at 9:59 Quote
I want to hear about that nitroshox from a while ago

Posted: Mar 6, 2020 at 10:07 Quote
thunder-nuggets wrote:
I want to hear about that nitroshox from a while ago

Looks like Allen Millyard is doing some developments.

Posted: Mar 6, 2020 at 10:10 Quote
Looks like he's been doing some developments for a decade. 'Bout time we see a product!

Posted: Mar 6, 2020 at 10:43 Quote
shirk-007 wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
I wouldn't touch a Cane Crap shock again. People from NC have no idea how to make a shock that holds up during long B.C. descents IMO. Yeah I said it.

Since Fox recalled the first X2's and went to a higher pressure air can nothing air can touch it. Just my opinion of course. If you like CC, DVO or whatever else keep calm and carry on.

CC make more than one shock, you need to back up your statement with what shock and bike combination you are talking about.

My CCDB Air CS has done just fine on a single pivot frame on plenty of long BC descents.

I don’t need to back up anything because you say so. Like I said above, if you like CC, DVO or whatever else keep clam and carry on. I’m glad your CC is working great for you. My experience with their products wasn’t great and they won’t get me back.

O+
Posted: Mar 6, 2020 at 11:00 Quote
I'd me more inclined to stick with my CCDBA CS if I didn't have to ship it halfway across the country to get it serviced, especially when I know of a couple people whose shocks failed within a ride or two of getting serviced.

Posted: Mar 6, 2020 at 12:29 Quote
CC's quality control and reliablity issues are a thing of the past in my experience. Have sold a few of their forks and more than a few of the shocks over the last few years without issue.

Also shoutout to thinking BC is special. Man it must be nice to be that sheltered. Do you guys look at riders in the Alps and get tiny dick syndrome? NC is fully capable of making shit to last "dh gnar descents in BC."

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.042012
Mobile Version of Website