Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.
Posted: Mar 27, 2020 at 7:56 Quote
tbc wrote:
Anyone know how the new Ohlins forks ride? My gf has the original rxf on her spesh enduro and I think it feels horrible.

They’re supposed to be a huge improvement, but expensive. Really cool how you’re able to swap between coil and air, though

Posted: Mar 27, 2020 at 8:08 Quote
chunter wrote:
tbc wrote:
Anyone know how the new Ohlins forks ride? My gf has the original rxf on her spesh enduro and I think it feels horrible.

They’re supposed to be a huge improvement, but expensive. Really cool how you’re able to swap between coil and air, though

This^
Local shop has a Fox 36, Marz and an Ohlins hanging on the wall next to each other. With the price jump up for the Ohlins I can’t see why anyone would not choose one of the other two first. Ohlins needs to drop their price closer to the other two or good luck getting any real traction. IDK, maybe people will pay the up charge. I won’t when Fox/Marz and RockShox work pretty damn good.

Posted: Mar 27, 2020 at 8:10 Quote
tbc wrote:

You can get updated EVO internals that really do help things, and of course the coil/air spring setups are non-damaging, so you can swap between them.

From what I understand, the M.2 also get some minor internal improvement, but the lowers were the big change on the M.2 Trail, allowing much larger tire clearance.

I think to have Ohlins do the internals upgrade is like $180 with a service.

Posted: Mar 27, 2020 at 9:18 Quote
tbc wrote:

I ran the rxf 36 coil, had it upgraded to the Evo, and now have the m.2 on my hightower that I just built up over the weekend. I never heard good things about the original air forks but have heard that the Evo versions were better and the m.2 is an even greater improvement. Some of the forks that came on the enduros came with the absolute garbage STX damper rather than the TTX damper. My old shop constantly had warranty work done, or just took off everything that used the STX damper. The Evo was phased out though so if a shop has one available you can probably talk them down on the price. I loved my coil Evo and the m.2 feels even better. They are pretty heavily damped but I like that in a coil fork. It is crazy how silly smooth the ride feel is. It felt better than my boxxer and now my 40. I haven't tried the new air spring but I feel like I might get it down the road and swap it out from time to time. It is awesome that they have the option. Yea it's more expensive than the others but not by a ton when you look at the retail of new stuff and I would definitely say that Ohlins outperforms the competition.

Posted: Mar 27, 2020 at 9:52 Quote
drpepperrider2 wrote:
Windsurf wrote:
Good looking Process
2020 Kona Process 153 CR DL 29
Similar to mine Drool

Yours looks better tho!

I like the look of a bike that s been ridden.

Posted: Mar 27, 2020 at 10:02 Quote
^ burly!!

Yea I’ll look into getting the internals updated when I next get it serviced.

Posted: Mar 27, 2020 at 10:05 Quote
Wale wrote:
drpepperrider2 wrote:
Windsurf wrote:
Good looking Process
2020 Kona Process 153 CR DL 29
Similar to mine Drool

Yours looks better tho!

I like the look of a bike that s been ridden.
Thanks dude, may not be scuff/scatchless but it's damn fun to ride Smile

Posted: Mar 27, 2020 at 22:25 Quote
simon477 wrote:

Just finished another frame

From the home made bikes thread.

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 1:26 Quote
That spesh is really something. The red looks amazing. I’ve heard a few stories of the carbon linkage breaking on the s works models? Anything in that?

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 2:15 Quote
One of the reviews mentioned they’re running a revised one now.

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 8:23 Quote
heinous is correct. They are aluminum now.

That being said...the red paint on the Enduro is awesome.

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 13:52 Quote
pbls wrote:

This makes me feel dirty, sexy and revolting all at the same time. tup

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 13:54 Quote
Druid might be the sexiest trail bike of all time. That thing is Drool

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019336
Mobile Version of Website