Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.
Author Message
Posted: Jul 28, 2020 at 20:08 Quote
Gawd I love Nomads and Megatowers with dual crown forks.

Posted: Jul 28, 2020 at 20:55 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
Gawd I love Nomads and Megatowers with dual crown forks.

You mean V10s?

Posted: Jul 28, 2020 at 21:08 Quote
its-chris wrote:

I've actually posted that one in this thread myself, soooo good

fredro wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:
Gawd I love Nomads and Megatowers with dual crown forks.

You mean V10s?

I like v10s, but I like the lines of the Nomads/Megatowers (and various other new SC models lol ) better

Posted: Jul 30, 2020 at 15:10 Quote
royalc19 wrote:

Drool

that is soooo sick. graphics and colours really pop against the clean murder lines.

Posted: Jul 30, 2020 at 20:06 Quote
The Status graphic looks like it belongs on a kids bike but the rest looks good.

Posted: Jul 30, 2020 at 20:09 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
Gawd I love Nomads and Megatowers with dual crown forks.

With the 38 and Zeb now I don't see much point in a DH fork on those SC's but to each his own.

Posted: Jul 30, 2020 at 20:38 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:
Gawd I love Nomads and Megatowers with dual crown forks.

With the 38 and Zeb now I don't see much point in a DH fork on those SC's but to each his own.

It called creaky crowns until they fix that long travel single crowns won’t be able to handle real abuse.

I have been thinking of running a shorter travel dual crown on my Warden as my next fork.

Posted: Jul 30, 2020 at 21:29 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:
Gawd I love Nomads and Megatowers with dual crown forks.

With the 38 and Zeb now I don't see much point in a DH fork on those SC's but to each his own.

It called creaky crowns until they fix that long travel single crowns won’t be able to handle real abuse.

I have been thinking of running a shorter travel dual crown on my Warden as my next fork.

sounds heavy

Posted: Jul 30, 2020 at 22:38 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:
Gawd I love Nomads and Megatowers with dual crown forks.

With the 38 and Zeb now I don't see much point in a DH fork on those SC's but to each his own.

I was referring to looks not function, this is the sexiest thread after all...but really a lightweight dual crown IMO would be superior to an overweight single crown in looks and function

mtbman1980 wrote:

It called creaky crowns until they fix that long travel single crowns won’t be able to handle real abuse.

I have been thinking of running a shorter travel dual crown on my Warden as my next fork.

Yeah that too.

newbermuda wrote:

sounds heavy

Doesn't have to be..but unfortunately what's available is.
..but I mean my bikes already 36 lbs, what's another 300 grams Big Grin

Posted: Jul 31, 2020 at 0:15 Quote
I always hear people talk about creaky crowns on forks but I've never had one creak. Not once, and I weight 255 to 260 on any given day. Mind you I've only ever had... 2 Fox single crown forks?... compared to at least 8 or 9 RockShox.
Maybe that's saying something.

Posted: Jul 31, 2020 at 4:00 Quote
Both me and a mate had our Lyriks start to creek about a year into owning them, his had just the steerer replaced, mine had to have the complete CSU replaced as the wear was too great to just replace the steerer, the guy who did them said that it only takes around 4ton to press Fox/RS steerers whereas x-fusion it requires up to 10ton.

Posted: Jul 31, 2020 at 6:19 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
I always hear people talk about creaky crowns on forks but I've never had one creak. Not once, and I weight 255 to 260 on any given day. Mind you I've only ever had... 2 Fox single crown forks?... compared to at least 8 or 9 RockShox.
Maybe that's saying something.

I've had every fox 36, rockshox lyrik and pike I have had creak. ..and I weight 145-150 depending on how much I've pooped. I've had all but one warrantied because I was ignorant to what was happening before warranty ran out on my pike, and I have had a warranties 36 and lyrik start to creak again after warranty expiration.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024605
Mobile Version of Website