Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.
Posted: Oct 11, 2020 at 7:49 Quote
B650wagon wrote:
Nah, Trek pretty generic, geo still based off size Medium too. Much rather get a better bike (for me) from Norco or Forbidden for around $7K CAD. LAST bikes look like a cool option tho.

What are you going on about? I was answering Wale.

Posted: Oct 12, 2020 at 1:20 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
The reason that one is so expensive is that it’s the lightest Enduro frame in the world. The alu frames are nearly identical, just heavier, and are in line with most other bikes

Their alu frames are really light too, my Coal is on par with most high end carbon frames when it comes to weight, and it's still perfectly fine after many years of hard use, including bike parks shenanigans and some racing.
Really want to try the new Coal with mullet or Tarvo, but just dumped too much money into my old one, and it's quite hard to justify the cost of changing wheel size after just getting a new fork and Zipp wheels in 27.5 lol

Posted: Oct 12, 2020 at 3:25 Quote
Yeah right! The alu frames are 2.9kg. I was pretty sure it was the coal was going to be my new bike but they’re sold out until next year and the new stumpy evo has just come out

Posted: Oct 16, 2020 at 6:26 Quote
pbls wrote:

Always loved those frames. Would love to try a gearbox driven bike one day but hard to get here. How’s it ride with that dope pistachio 38?!

Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 2:22 Quote
tell me it P series pinion.
hopely you use onyx hubs to reduce freeplay

Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 15:26 Quote
that's probably how id personally build one of those, but i wouldn't consider it sexy tbh.

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 11:37 Quote
And your whip is looking quite nice too!! HOW'S THE FORK????

Mod Plus
Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 11:38 Quote
still waiting for you to post a medium or large frame

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 13:06 Quote
The ERA Fork is insanely good. Hard to describe it really. It stays high in the travel and has really good small bump compliance. It has the same "memory foam" magic carpet feel as the Storia. I am just running it on recommended settings right now but will probably take a few PSI out of the high pressure chamber because I was not able to get full travel. Every person I have talked to that has tried one has said it is the best fork they have ever ridden and many of them are pretty tough critics.

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 13:16 Quote
isaacschmidt wrote:
still waiting for you to post a medium or large frame

See comments over on Vital.... lol lol

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 13:49 Quote
mixmastamikal wrote:
Every person I have talked to that has tried one has said it is the best fork they have ever ridden and many of them are pretty tough critics.

It damn well should be at $1600.

It'll be interesting if the ERA makes any dent in the "stanchion size = stiffness" wars.

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 14:22 Quote
PHeller wrote:
mixmastamikal wrote:
Every person I have talked to that has tried one has said it is the best fork they have ever ridden and many of them are pretty tough critics.

It damn well should be at $1600.

It'll be interesting if the ERA makes any dent in the "stanchion size = stiffness" wars.

Not a huge difference in cost over a fox 38 and if it can keep moving without having any binding issues it would probably do well.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016684
Mobile Version of Website