Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.
O+
Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 7:15 Quote
That Norco is hot as. I love the orange touches.

O+
Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 7:30 Quote
Thanks guys. Yeah, I'm pretty amped on it.

38 is freakin' amazing. I wasn't expecting to notice as much of a difference from the 36, but it definitely is more supple farther through the travel/ with more torsional load. First ride, not even particularly gnarly conditions I could feel the difference. Now that I've opened it up in chunder and really hard corners, I'm sold.

O+
Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 7:39 Quote
Looks effin rad Derek!

Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 8:10 Quote
dkidd wrote:

38 is freakin' amazing. I wasn't expecting to notice as much of a difference from the 36, but it definitely is more supple farther through the travel/ with more torsional load. First ride, not even particularly gnarly conditions I could feel the difference. Now that I've opened it up in chunder and really hard corners, I'm sold.

How's it ride? Considering one for my next bike, together with new stumpy evo, Transition Sentinel or Pivot Switchblade. I want a bike for long rides in the alps as I've still got the Meta for park smashing.

O+
Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 10:35 Quote
Upduro wrote:
dkidd wrote:

How's it ride? Considering one for my next bike, together with new stumpy evo, Transition Sentinel or Pivot Switchblade. I want a bike for long rides in the alps as I've still got the Meta for park smashing.

Rides like a Fox always rides (decent off the top, good midstroke support, very progressive towards the bottom), but is more consistent in rough terrain and hard corners.

Downsides: known to have frequent CSU creaking issues (mine hasn't yet), and the air spring still comes with too much grease from the factory, so it pays to pull it apart and clean it before too long.

Also, why not consider a Sight? Seems like an ideal bike for what you wanna do!

Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 11:13 Quote
dkidd wrote:
Upduro wrote:
dkidd wrote:

Rides like a Fox always rides (decent off the top, good midstroke support, very progressive towards the bottom), but is more consistent in rough terrain and hard corners.

Downsides: known to have frequent CSU creaking issues (mine hasn't yet), and the air spring still comes with too much grease from the factory, so it pays to pull it apart and clean it before too long.

yeah I meant the sight not the 38 lol

I'd probably go 36 over 38 on the new bike for weight savings. I'm not that heavy (anymore) and I know everybody is raving about the stiffness but I'm not charging THAT hard.

Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 13:41 Quote
that norco is f*cking hott!!!!!!!!

Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 14:51 Quote
In my opinion most of the advantage of the 38 comes in the floating airspring. It makes it feel noticably smoother.

O+
Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 14:52 Quote
Yea it's a good idea. Anything to help isolate the flex in the chassis from the function of the damper/spring.

O+
Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 21:02 Quote
Upduro wrote:
dkidd wrote:
Upduro wrote:

yeah I meant the sight not the 38 lol

I'd probably go 36 over 38 on the new bike for weight savings. I'm not that heavy (anymore) and I know everybody is raving about the stiffness but I'm not charging THAT hard.
Ohhhhh.
Oh.
lol

Awesome bike. Really confidence inspiring and playful at speed- it will definitely push you to ride faster. It's a bike that will get you into (and out of) some really spicy situations. The flip side is that it's kinda 'meh' on flatter trails unless you really put a ton of energy into it, especially in 29".

Frame build quality is really good, and having bearings (and double bearings in some cases) at all pivot points is a plus, at least for smoothness and lateral strength. Its a very solid feeling and riding bike, and very quiet to ride (no cable rattle or anything).

Only real complaint is that the chainstay protector leaves a small section on the drive side needing a little aftermarket love to keep the chain from chipping the paint (it's aluminum on all models so not a wear concern).

Posted: Oct 28, 2020 at 0:41 Quote
Check out the salesmen here!!!! lol lol lol

Posted: Oct 30, 2020 at 12:54 Quote
Very nice, just not sure about the integrated bar and stem.

Posted: Oct 30, 2020 at 16:39 Quote
Fairly sure that will become the norm, for now it ain’t floating my boat either!!!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.106581
Mobile Version of Website