Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.
Author Message
Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 14:03 Quote
m4k1 wrote:
yes, but that´s impossible with a rigid rear triangle

mtbman1980 wrote:
m4k1 wrote:
no. not with the upper link driving the shock

edit: that was the answer to mtbman1980


Well that answers it but there are a lot of single piviot with a linkage driven shock

It is possible if it is there to add support and not alter the path

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 23:14 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
m4k1 wrote:
mtbman1980 wrote:


Well that answers it but there are a lot of single piviot with a linkage driven shock

yes, but that´s impossible with a rigid rear triangle

It is possible if it is there to add support and not alter the path

No, it is not possible with that solid upper link. The three points would create a rigid triangle structure.

A 4th pivot point is required if the rear triangle isn’t designed to flex; the upper link would need to be a scissor link if there were no additional link near the BB-


m4k1 please stop top posting replies, it gets messy quick if everyone else is bottom posting.

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 8:26 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
mtbman1980 wrote:
m4k1 wrote:


yes, but that´s impossible with a rigid rear triangle

It is possible if it is there to add support and not alter the path

No, it is not possible with that solid upper link. The three points would create a rigid triangle structure.

A 4th pivot point is required if the rear triangle isn’t designed to flex; the upper link would need to be a scissor link if there were no additional link near the BB-


m4k1 please stop top posting replies, it gets messy quick if everyone else is bottom posting.

Yeah you guys are right I was thinking of something but as I am putting it together more I realize that I was incorrect.

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 9:41 Quote
In any case, the Madnes is a good looking frame. Are they welded in-house, or Taiwan?

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 11:04 Quote
shirk-007 wrote:
PHeller wrote:
It's really hard to tell if there is additional linkage at the BB or not. They don't post any pictures of just the frame.

Not my bike

Lovely svelte bearings, but wonder about longevity, in the UK anyway.

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 11:13 Quote
matther01 wrote:
shirk-007 wrote:
PHeller wrote:
It's really hard to tell if there is additional linkage at the BB or not. They don't post any pictures of just the frame.

Not my bike

Lovely svelte bearings, but wonder about longevity, in the UK anyway.

I was thinking the same thing, as well as those links looking mildly anemic, especially since I suspect that they are billet and not forged. Might make for somewhat of a flexy time.

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 11:22 Quote
That's rendering off the designers website. They have not released much on this bike, I had to do some google image search digging to find that. I'd wait for them to release full info before fully judging bearings / stiffness.

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 23:29 Quote
shirk-007 wrote:
That's rendering off the designers website. They have not released much on this bike, I had to do some google image search digging to find that. I'd wait for them to release full info before fully judging bearings / stiffness.

To be fair, some places in the UK generally eat most bearings during the Winter.

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 0:00 Quote
Shmoke and a pancake?

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 1:22 Quote
Wale wrote:
Stamina Remastered - True Gold

‘Yeah, the old one was good, but didn’t quite look broken enough, can we dial it up a bit?’

‘Say no more...’

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 2:18 Quote
Wale wrote:
Stamina Remastered - True Gold

Daaamn...what an ugly bike.... Actually, that's one of the ugliest bike I've ever seen. It should be on the ugliest bike thread.

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 7:17 Quote
the silver ones look so good, idk why they had to do that.

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 7:21 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
the silver ones look so good, idk why they had to do that.

it's just an option

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 7:41 Quote
flickr wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
the silver ones look so good, idk why they had to do that.

it's just an option

They were too busy thinking about whether or not they could, and forgot to think if they should


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018647
Mobile Version of Website