Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.
Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 12:16 Quote
fredro wrote:
Anything that comes in pairs MUST be same brand, with the exception of suspension.

But brakes, grips, tires, rims, hubs, pedals (I’ve seen mismatched pedals before), must match, or else my ocd is heavily triggered.
Seriously

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 12:24 Quote
Is different color calipers acceptable? Same make/model of brakes (TRP DHR EVO) I just switched the calipers between 2 kits so I would have 1 black 1 raw on each bike. I like the way it looks personally.

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 12:44 Quote
ill take same brand suspension over same brand tires. Having a maxxis in the rear always results in flats, but the front end grip is pretty awesome (when i can't get a WTB)

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 12:45 Quote
Oh man my last build would have given you a meltdown. Different rims, hubs, drivetrain and tires. About the only thing that matched where the brakes lol.

Bike is pretty good no I think everything matches except the tires and suspension

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 15:11 Quote
notsosikmik wrote:
Is different color calipers acceptable? Same make/model of brakes (TRP DHR EVO) I just switched the calipers between 2 kits so I would have 1 black 1 raw on each bike. I like the way it looks personally.

The judges have spoken, and ruled that this is indeed acceptable. Both colors are neutral, and are of same make and model.

Jailbreak Salute

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 15:43 Quote
Now waiting for someone to admit to using four different brands of brake pad on one bike.

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 15:59 Quote
secondtimeuser wrote:
Now waiting for someone to admit to using four different brands of brake pad on one bike.

I have a g2 front and a saint rear. My bike will never make it here but ive accepted it.

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 16:03 Quote
I've had mismatched hubs before because I blew a rear and kept my old front. Made sure to color match though. Generally I would agree there, but replacing a front hub for the sake of matching is low priority for me.

Edit: Just realized I have done this three times.. including on two of my current bikes lol Current Hightower has a Hope Pro4 rear hub and DT370 front and my DJ rig has some left over parts bin hubs I put on it to make it work.

Posted: Jan 21, 2022 at 5:54 Quote
Mismatched hubs is something we used to do BITD. Custom front hubs were all the rage. I had a friend that made front hubs that weighed 51 grams. Ran an XTR in the back because making rear hubs is not that easy.

On my bike I run a Hope Mini at the rear and M4 at the front. And I have blue spoke nipples at the back and purple ones in the front wheel because the bike is blue and purple.

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 14:42 Quote
Last Tarvo frame TEBP

My next build might have this suspension.

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 14:50 Quote
same minus the fork

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 14:53 Quote
fredro wrote:
Last Tarvo frame TEBP

Telling you dude, got to check out EXT. . . I will hook you up. Got an air shock dropping later this year too that is going to be sick.

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 15:07 Quote
Yeah EXT stuff looks sexy too! But the inverted fork gives me stiffy in my pants.Moon

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 15:07 Quote
notsosikmik wrote:
fredro wrote:
Last Tarvo frame TEBP

Telling you dude, got to check out EXT. . . I will hook you up. Got an air shock dropping later this year too that is going to be sick.

If Fredro doesn’t take the hookup, I gladly will!

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 15:10 Quote
My next build will have that suspension (fork, but not the 1.5 crown one). It’s sat waiting for the frame to be finished.

Will see how it measures up to an ERA.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.027845
Mobile Version of Website