Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.
Author Message
Posted: Jan 28, 2022 at 14:55 Quote
Why are pro's not running this then? It has been out a year and pretty much any pro could run it as it does not get in the way of any sponsors.

When would you use this? How steep are gravel road climbs? I have never encountered anything over 20%. I ride and tour quite a bit of steep gravel and my saddle is flat as it should be.

Would you be reaching down to do this on a river trail where you encounter steep ups and downs quickly? I doubt it as that would be like having an old school dropper post.

Posted: Jan 28, 2022 at 15:07 Quote
Dabroski-5 wrote:
I totally agree its definitely more comfortable on steep climb but when your pedaling on flat its awful and it looks ugly ASF

Hence why this new company Aenomoly has come up with a solution that offers this device that lets you quickly change the seat angle. I would not be surprised to see this incorporated into the dropper mechanism by companies at some point as well.


Tsoxbhk wrote:
Why are pro's not running this then? It has been out a year and pretty much any pro could run it as it does not get in the way of any sponsors.

When would you use this? How steep are gravel road climbs? I have never encountered anything over 20%. I ride and tour quite a bit of steep gravel and my saddle is flat as it should be.

Would you be reaching down to do this on a river trail where you encounter steep ups and downs quickly? I doubt it as that would be like having an old school dropper post.

How do you know that pros aren't? Like you said they would not be sponsored by this company so they would not advertise it. I ride many trails that are fairly steep. Not a lot of gravel.

Posted: Jan 28, 2022 at 15:15 Quote
So you would reach down and move this thing when you encounter steep trail and then change it back quickly for flat sections? Right…. This is why I brought up gravel climbs as that is where it would make sense if at all. Set it for a long climb and then reach down and change it for the decent. But I still don’t see much value in that if your saddle is at the correct height which again has everything thing to do with it.

And a bike.


Posted: Jan 28, 2022 at 15:25 Quote
Specialized already made a dropper that did adjust and I don't think it lasted long at all.

Posted: Jan 28, 2022 at 15:28 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Specialized already made a dropper that did adjust and I don't think it lasted long at all.

I think part of the issue was how little drop it had? I'm a fan of the concept, but I feel spoiled now that I can finally run a full 180mm drop.

Posted: Jan 28, 2022 at 16:15 Quote
Why the f*ck is he running a fast trak/renegade combo on a 180mm bike

re: saddle angle, do some real climbs and itll all make sense.

Posted: Jan 28, 2022 at 16:39 Quote
Never done a climb I only ride park.

Posted: Jan 28, 2022 at 17:25 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
Why the f*ck is he running a fast trak/renegade combo on a 180mm bike

re: saddle angle, do some real climbs and itll all make sense.

That’s what jumped out to me first and then the fork.

Posted: Jan 28, 2022 at 18:57 Quote
Tsoxbhk wrote:
So you would reach down and move this thing when you encounter steep trail and then change it back quickly for flat sections? Right…. This is why I brought up gravel climbs as that is where it would make sense if at all. Set it for a long climb and then reach down and change it for the decent. But I still don’t see much value in that if your saddle is at the correct height which again has everything thing to do with it.

And a bike.

Yeah basically, sounds like it is not your thing so . . .I guess don't get one?

Posted: Feb 1, 2022 at 19:16 Quote
I tried to get X Fusion to make a tilting seat clamp/post many years ago and they said nah.

I still think the idea has merit, but I never like extra weight. It's ebike appropriate.

Posted: Feb 2, 2022 at 0:31 Quote
It should just be a part of dropper posts. Tilts back when low tilts forward when high. Didn't specialized already do that? The only issue is for flats when seated, it would tilt forward too much.

Posted: Feb 2, 2022 at 6:36 Quote
VTwintips wrote:
It should just be a part of dropper posts. Tilts back when low tilts forward when high. Didn't specialized already do that? The only issue is for flats when seated, it would tilt forward too much.
they called it the Wuu post or something like that

Posted: Feb 2, 2022 at 6:54 Quote
Didnt' a Pinkbiker come up with a upper seatpost rail adaptor that did exactly that and you can use whatever dropper you want?

Posted: Feb 2, 2022 at 7:53 Quote

not to be the bearer of another f#!king evil but this thing actually has a killer stance and no rainbow ano parts

Posted: Feb 2, 2022 at 13:22 Quote
Nothing2say wrote:
Didnt' a Pinkbiker come up with a upper seatpost rail adaptor that did exactly that and you can use whatever dropper you want?

lol welcome to the conversation, see the last page.


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017200
Mobile Version of Website