Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.
Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 17:14 Quote
The cotic rocketmax might be the best looking steel fully I have ever seen

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 17:30 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:

Seconded, absolute stunner

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 18:40 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:

Agree, looks great and looks built to actually ride instead of just be garage candy. Except for the pedals… Wink

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 3:00 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
Agree, although I like the Project12 bikes even more, especially the Victor.

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 3:32 Quote
Anyone here actually bought a steel enduro bike?

What is the best steel enduro bike?

They might look good, but I wouldn’t part with wedge to ride one. Better bikes available that are cheaper, I’d rather ride a bike that functions over a ‘pretty’ bike

No malice , just posing the question

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 3:39 Quote
Soupherb wrote:

They might look good, but I wouldn’t part with wedge to ride one. Better bikes available that are cheaper, I’d rather ride a bike that functions over a ‘pretty’ bike

Always viewed them as a bit hipster tbh. The owners are all very similar, middle class desperately trying not to be middle class.

I say embrace it and ride a Yeti. lol

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 3:41 Quote
Someone I know has a Marino. He's pretty happy with it ..., although quite heavy ...

And yes, he's a hipster!... Big Grin

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 3:49 Quote
I’ve looked into starling, Cotic and Stanton and each time come away thinking I want something a little more refined. I love how clean and simple my transition sentinel is.

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 4:51 Quote
Soupherb wrote:

I think it’s the other way around, I’d say my Starling Murmur wasn’t that pretty compared to the super sleek carbon bikes out there. But the question is really whether you can separate what you want from what you need.

That Murmur was all the bike you’d ever need for most riders (bike park shredders excepting) but riding mountain bikes is about more than just what you need. Having a bike you love the look off is part of the equation too.

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 4:54 Quote
jtwickenden wrote:
Soupherb wrote:

I think it’s the other way around, I’d say my Starling Murmur wasn’t that pretty compared to the super sleek carbon bikes out there. But the question is really whether you can separate what you want from what you need.

That Murmur was all the bike you’d ever need for most riders (bike park shredders excepting) but riding mountain bikes is about more than just what you need. Having a bike you love the look off is part of the equation too.

Thank you for your response, appreciate your viewpoint as an owner

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 7:13 Quote
3 years on a steel fully, 140mm rear travel might not strictly be enduro or is it, yes it's heavy yes it's hipster yes it's fun as hell to ride.
Edit: also yeah I guess I'm middle class trying to fight my way up lol I will be getting a Mondraker not a Yeti though when I make it.

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 8:11 Quote
jtwickenden wrote:
Soupherb wrote:

I love the way my Murmur looks, but I compare to liking the functional aesthetic of a tank or tractor. It's definitely not a swoopy, sleek Ferrari or Ducati.

And yes, I admit I have fairly strong hipster pretensions, though I lack the typical fashion style. lol

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 9:10 Quote
That's the beauty of being hipster... you don't have to dress like one to be one... Razz

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020087
Mobile Version of Website