Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.
Posted: Dec 7, 2022 at 0:39 Quote
Red-October wrote:
]

Jees, the lines on this are just amazing, but then I do love a straight line between the toptube and seatstay!

Posted: Dec 7, 2022 at 8:42 Quote
fredro wrote:
2022 Trail Bike Field Test photo by Satchel Cronk.

I dunno. I like the colour, but otherwise not very interesting. I don't dislike how SC's look, but there are a million of them around here and they all look the same (TB, HT, MT, Nomad, etc).

Posted: Dec 7, 2022 at 8:44 Quote
All brands look the same within their lineup basically. Yetis, SC, Trek, Evil, etc. I can't tell the difference between any of them. Still looks good to me though.

O+
Posted: Dec 7, 2022 at 9:56 Quote
I think that bike is drop dead gorgeous. Best looking bike in the field test IMO

Posted: Dec 7, 2022 at 10:02 Quote
I remember a time when low slung shocks like that were basically the highest level of aesthetic design, and everyone was after it. Now it's great looking unless it's a Santa Cruz I guess?

That paint is also insanely good in person.

I honestly hate how any time a Santa Cruz is posted, this discussion happens. You'd think people would eventually realize they're not the only person looking at bikes here, so perhaps not every bike posted has to appeal to them, but here we still are.

O+
Posted: Dec 8, 2022 at 7:33 Quote
jsnfschr wrote:
I dunno. I like the colour, but otherwise not very interesting. I don't dislike how SC's look, but there are a million of them around here and they all look the same (TB, HT, MT, Nomad, etc).

Of course they look the same, they are all made by the same company. It's smart, everyone immediately recognizes them as a SC. Although, my Enduro has been mistaken trailside for one too lol I think we are in a period of convergence with bike design. There's only so much you can do aesthetically once you've figured out the engineering. The outliers will eventually only look different for the sake of being different. coughKNOLLYcough.

To me this thread is more about how the individual bikes look, and how their owners/builders chose parts that compliment the frame design/colour. I can appreciate a well executed build on a frame I otherwise think is bland/ugly

Posted: Dec 8, 2022 at 8:28 Quote
RMWB wrote:
jsnfschr wrote:

Of course they look the same, they are all made by the same company. It's smart, everyone immediately recognizes them as a SC. Although, my Enduro has been mistaken trailside for one too lol I think we are in a period of convergence with bike design. There's only so much you can do aesthetically once you've figured out the engineering. The outliers will eventually only look different for the sake of being different. coughKNOLLYcough.

To me this thread is more about how the individual bikes look, and how their owners/builders chose parts that compliment the frame design/colour. I can appreciate a well executed build on a frame I otherwise think is bland/ugly

Agreed. I'm not saying the stock bike looks bad (I've always liked the aesthetics of SC bikes), but I feel like in order to get into the "sexiest" thread, there should be something that separates it or makes it unique. But yes, I get "sexiest" is completely subjective and what does it for you or the other guy might not do it for me.

Posted: Dec 8, 2022 at 16:56 Quote
sherbet wrote:
You'd think people would eventually realize they're not the only person looking at bikes here, so perhaps not every bike posted has to appeal to them, but here we still are.

+1 Madder . And to not always have the last word...

O+
Posted: Dec 9, 2022 at 0:16 Quote
Agree. Although I rarely make negative remarks here I think criticism is welcome. What I wouldn't like to see here are whole pages of redundant discussions... Sometimes the simple indifference of the public says enough about the merits of a bike posted here...
Having said that I think that a roasting session from time to time is welcome among connoisseurs. I just wonder if SC bikes deserve that, or are they simply victims of their own success... It's not the first time that very successful bikes have attracted adverse reactions... Smile

O+
Posted: Dec 9, 2022 at 8:49 Quote
chacou wrote:
More info over at NSMB https://nsmb.com/articles/machina-bikes-first-ride/

Heller yea

Posted: Dec 11, 2022 at 5:07 Quote
Red-October wrote:
Agree. Although I rarely make negative remarks here I think criticism is welcome. What I wouldn't like to see here are whole pages of redundant discussions... Sometimes the simple indifference of the public says enough about the merits of a bike posted here...
Having said that I think that a roasting session from time to time is welcome among connoisseurs. I just wonder if SC bikes deserve that, or are they simply victims of their own success... It's not the first time that very successful bikes have attracted adverse reactions... Smile

To be fair , everybody here that truly has an avid interest in Enduro/AM has already seen 98% of the bikes posted online already.

Nothing new to see here , releases are pretty much across the board. Most custom is IG or Vital

Posting them here is old news now, waste of time given people moan so much, that’s why I’m out , out riding more..

Other forums are where it’s at now, proper discussion with like minded folk.

Pictures ain’t enough, especially when they disappear ... lol tup

Seen the video, worn the t-shirt. Last post here for me

Posted: Dec 11, 2022 at 7:18 Quote
But Soupherb, you are the main reason I pop in here daily and check to see the posts of yours. You can’t leave ya Bastid!!! lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.029237
Mobile Version of Website