Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.
Posted: Jan 27, 2023 at 9:48 Quote
The lower shock mount is really elegant. Look at the welds on that thing, and the rest of the bike!

Posted: Jan 27, 2023 at 10:45 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
Looks soo good but the suspension is the only thing that seems out of place on such a high end build. That being said I haven't ridden any of the current Suntour so what do I know.

What grips are those the look like a dual compound possibly

the AllMountainStyle look cool but dont know how good they are

O+
Posted: Jan 27, 2023 at 13:14 Quote
d-dog123 wrote:
mtbman1980 wrote:
Looks soo good but the suspension is the only thing that seems out of place on such a high end build. That being said I haven't ridden any of the current Suntour so what do I know.

Checked out their website their diameter options are bit narrow for what I like.

Posted: Jan 27, 2023 at 22:53 Quote
Love current Transition bikes' shapes, it looks like a lot of work went into them in terms of industrial design. I wanted to buy an alu Scout last winter but there weren't any in my size.
The lack of paint emphasizes the frame's details in a very positive way. Also I bet Suntour is pretty good these days, that rear shock is essentially a DVO Topaz 2 with an IFP instead of a bladder.

Those decals on a raw frame was a bold move, bit they pulled it off in my opinion.

Posted: Jan 28, 2023 at 4:57 Quote
justwan-naride wrote:
Love current Transition bikes' shapes, it looks like a lot of work went into them in terms of industrial design. I wanted to buy an alu Scout last winter but there weren't any in my size.
The lack of paint emphasizes the frame's details in a very positive way. Also I bet Suntour is pretty good these days, that rear shock is essentially a DVO Topaz 2 with an IFP instead of a bladder.

Those decals on a raw frame was a bold move, bit they pulled it off in my opinion.

Yes, probably a fair bit of back and forth between engineering and design to get the lines so clean with the geo & kinematic right.
But then they may be at what I could call an "audi or iphone" point : Where everything is so clean and well thought out that it's tough to go on. I say Audi cuz' their cars where great circa 2010 with the phase 2 A5, A7, Q7 and others, then they started to do more aggressive designs just for the sake of it, losing that subtle elegance in the process.
Same for iphone, it's the benchmark that defined what a smartphone is, but from then it's the same over and over again, mostly bigger.

We'll see how Transition do, their ebikes IMHO are already a bit less nice. The overall "harmony" of the design doesn't work as well with the thicker down tube, and I wished the Tr11 would've been more than just an update, I thought we could have seen the design language of the other bikes on a Giant Glory like kinematic (I mean 200mm with vertical shock).

Posted: Jan 28, 2023 at 6:02 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
d-dog123 wrote:
mtbman1980 wrote:

Checked out their website their diameter options are bit narrow for what I like.

I’m using the same grips on my Megatower. Not a fan of them. If you lay the bike down, or crash, the ends tear rather easily.. Cool color options, but they fall apart if you look at them wrong. Would not recommend.

O+
Posted: Jan 28, 2023 at 20:47 Quote
Good info Fredo.

My dmr deathgrips have held up fairly well only ripping from a pretty hard crash.

Posted: Jan 30, 2023 at 17:46 Quote
Will-narayan wrote:
Yes, probably a fair bit of back and forth between engineering and design to get the lines so clean with the geo & kinematic right.
But then they may be at what I could call an "audi or iphone" point : Where everything is so clean and well thought out that it's tough to go on. I say Audi cuz' their cars where great circa 2010 with the phase 2 A5, A7, Q7 and others, then they started to do more aggressive designs just for the sake of it...

Good points there!

Posted: Feb 3, 2023 at 7:58 Quote
abigailwilliams wrote:
photo
photo
photo

Don't know if this is your own bike, but that's a lovely banshee build. Looks very clean Cool

Posted: Feb 3, 2023 at 8:13 Quote
jurassicrider wrote:
abigailwilliams wrote:
photo
photo
photo

Don't know if this is your own bike, but that's a lovely banshee build. Looks very clean Cool
yes this is my bike an l size phantom . you are right my friend jaw dropped when he saw it

Posted: Feb 3, 2023 at 18:40 Quote
Red-October wrote:
photo

Normally I like to see a linkage, but damn that is a gorgeous bike. Love the color combo and the construction of the front triangle.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.058332
Mobile Version of Website