Whats the worst bmx make?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Whats the worst bmx make?
Posted: Apr 4, 2013 at 3:50 Quote
yep 100%. Its a science. thats actually why dmr have jimmy, he is a chemist Wink haha

Posted: Apr 4, 2013 at 3:52 Quote
Urbaniste wrote:
sj99 wrote:
James-Carey wrote:
tree, s&m and odyssey, then some point one pedals, some kool stop brake pads, and odi grips and im sorted, with a dream bike. Possibly a fly on the back and a skylark on th front for rims, and a kmc chain.

f*ck it dream bike time...
lil buddy frame
pitchforks
profile or redline cranks
tree sprocket bars, and stem
tree seat and post
odyssey brake setup
fly rims
tree sspokes
sram chain
oddysey tires
odi grips
jool stop or trialtech pads
jobs a goodun

change that to a credence ccr and weve got a winner Wink

I saw the geo and specs on that frame and thought "Wow, that's a step back 10 years." 3/8" dropouts, lol.

Maybe we should talk about underrated companies that have built good stuff, despite having little or no street cred. I had a Specialized Fuse for a while, and out of all bmxes I've ever ridden, it was the probably the stiffest most confidence inspiring frame I've ridden. I used to huck huge stair gaps on it, and so did the kid I sold it to once I got a new bike.

their hubs have 3/8 axles dont they, ok they dont... no idea on that. Bear in mind i ride trails and cruze on anything else, the most i do is bonks and nose manuals. Its close to the geo i currently run and love it, were it up to me i would bring the back end in a touch and make the drop-outs 14mm. Its a rad frame though

Posted: Apr 4, 2013 at 5:53 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
Urbaniste wrote:
sj99 wrote:

change that to a credence ccr and weve got a winner Wink

I saw the geo and specs on that frame and thought "Wow, that's a step back 10 years." 3/8" dropouts, lol.

Maybe we should talk about underrated companies that have built good stuff, despite having little or no street cred. I had a Specialized Fuse for a while, and out of all bmxes I've ever ridden, it was the probably the stiffest most confidence inspiring frame I've ridden. I used to huck huge stair gaps on it, and so did the kid I sold it to once I got a new bike.

their hubs have 3/8 axles dont they, ok they dont... no idea on that. Bear in mind i ride trails and cruze on anything else, the most i do is bonks and nose manuals. Its close to the geo i currently run and love it, were it up to me i would bring the back end in a touch and make the drop-outs 14mm. Its a rad frame though

There is the "mod" version of it with 14mm drops.

Posted: Apr 4, 2013 at 10:06 Quote
Right? I bet Clint Reynolds is the only person who will use that frame. That and some old greybeards who still ride and use 3/8" axles. Everyone else will buy the mod.

Posted: Apr 4, 2013 at 10:14 Quote
Urbaniste wrote:
Right? I bet Clint Reynolds is the only person who will use that frame. That and some old greybeards who still ride and use 3/8" axles. Everyone else will buy the mod.

yep basically. Great frame though

Posted: Apr 4, 2013 at 10:27 Quote
If I was more of a trails kid I'd definitely go for the ccr!

Posted: Apr 4, 2013 at 11:14 Quote
the mod version of course...

Posted: Apr 4, 2013 at 11:16 Quote
I like my wtp trust? Wink Wink

Posted: Apr 4, 2013 at 15:27 Quote
Sundays frames have never failed to disappoint me they are super strong bikes built to last the only bad thing I can think with Sundays is that I don't own one Smile I also like the wethepeople envy and volta they are all good bikes in my opinion. What people forget is that every company tries to make the best frames they can without spending to much money so stop slating em all because of personal opinions but people just like to moan

Posted: Apr 4, 2013 at 15:29 Quote
bigberm55 wrote:
Sundays frames have never failed to disappoint me they are super strong bikes built to last the only bad thing I can think with Sundays is that I don't own one Smile I also like the wethepeople envy and volta they are all good bikes in my opinion. What people forget is that every company tries to make the best frames they can without spending to much money so stop slating em all because of personal opinions but people just like to moan
oops probs some mistakes in the but you get my drift

Posted: Apr 4, 2013 at 20:44 Quote
I think you're right. In fact I know you're right.

But the problem is with base companies like Eastern, they try things, but do it the inexpensive way and it comes back to bite them in the ass.

Posted: Apr 4, 2013 at 20:44 Quote
I think you're right. In fact I know you're right.

But the problem is with base companies like Eastern, they try things, but do it the inexpensive way and it comes back to bite them in the ass.

Posted: Apr 5, 2013 at 4:37 Quote
I think Eastern could be a really great company, but their assumption of what riders want has always been that they want the lightest possible bike and that less weight is the ultimate goal (like they were road bikes or something), and in their pursuit of that, they go too far and make questionable stuff...

Otherwise they have great customer service, awesome upgrade/warranty policies, and their bikes feel awesome...they're just made of tin foil.

I think we'll see them doing differently with the whole Guerra/Ezra thing and they might come out a good company in the end. Especially with guys like McKeon, Poynter and Darden on the team/calling shots.

Posted: Apr 5, 2013 at 5:55 Quote
Urbaniste wrote:
I think Eastern could be a really great company, but their assumption of what riders want has always been that they want the lightest possible bike and that less weight is the ultimate goal (like they were road bikes or something), and in their pursuit of that, they go too far and make questionable stuff...

Otherwise they have great customer service, awesome upgrade/warranty policies, and their bikes feel awesome...they're just made of tin foil.

I think we'll see them doing differently with the whole Guerra/Ezra thing and they might come out a good company in the end. Especially with guys like McKeon, Poynter and Darden on the team/calling shots.
i had a grim reaper along time ago. before they cut the head tube.
it lasted ages took a real beating. i also had the stock eastern cranks they lasted a year. i was pretty happy running their stuff. and i dont really ride park. theres alot worse out there.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012660
Mobile Version of Website