Daredevils hubs personal experience

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Daredevils hubs personal experience
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 14:53 Quote
I have had no problems but it seems no one likes daredevil hubs why?

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 14:58 Quote
They are crap. DareDevil bought the rights to manufacture DareDevil branded Formula hubs. They are cheap have few engaugement points and are quite heavy. I've never had an issue with hubs before Daredevil, the rears lasted less than a season of riding (but were replaced quickly on warrenty). Devinci is my main brand, as long as they continue the quality and workmanship on thier bikes I will buy them. I will switch out every DareDevil component though.

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 14:59 Quote
so i should probably buy some new hubs right? like atomlabs or if i get rich sometime soon Chris Kings

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 15:07 Quote
Well I'm coming from a dh point of view, if its for your district your rear hub at least maybe different as it is newer. Devinci got a lot of complaints about the 06' hubs so they may have re-designed them since, or at least upgraded it. Your front should be fine, front hubs are fairly simple. Run the rear until it breaks, if it breaks or upgrade now if you have the cash, its all up to you.

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 15:12 Quote
I too am a devinci rider, I have had one problem with my front hub,... but have had nothing go wrong with my rear hubs yet... (two years of freeriding) and racing
But if you want a great upgrade, you dont need to get a king hub... Go for a Syncros dh rear.... It is wonderful! around $300 and you can take appart if something goes wrong.

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 16:14 Quote
My hub on my 06 Wilson blew within 3 months of riding. The ratchet mechanism basically stopped working, every time I would go to lay the power down the hub would slip. Devinci told me it was due to a bad batch of grease they had used in it. They warrantied it and replaced it with another new one, the exact same thing happened within 2 weeks. I bought a set of Hadleys and everything is peachy. The hubs that failed me were the silver and red "Daredevil" branded hubs. My 05 Johnsons hubs were a black generic hub, basically the exact same hub as the Daredevil one just not all logo'd up, and it has held up well for 3 years.

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 16:24 Quote
the hubs on my 07 wilson are still holding up great the only problem was the cassette body came loose and started slipping but we just rebuilt it and its still going strong and absolutly no problems with the front

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 17:40 Quote
billfromthehill wrote:
....My 05 Johnsons hubs were a black generic hub, basically the exact same hub as the Daredevil one just not all logo'd up, and it has held up well for 3 years.

The hubs that came stock on the '05 Johnson are Deore's if I'm not mistaken. Devinci/Daredevil only started producing hubs for their bikes in '06 which are as already mentioned Formula's I beleive.

Posted: Dec 14, 2007 at 13:28 Quote
Having taken apart both rear hubs, the 05 and the 06 they are exaclty the same design internally, deores, may use the same desing as formual too though, that I cant be sure of.

Posted: May 31, 2008 at 5:20 Quote
I have a problem with my 2006 rear daredevil hub. The cassette freebody is loose would this item be covered by the warranty?

Posted: May 31, 2008 at 7:19 Quote
My cassette hub was loose to and normally when i brought it to the shop they would just tighten it up and somehow push it back in to place but then it just kept doing it and it started to skip then it it was covered under warranty

O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2008 at 12:30 Quote
My 06 rear hub on my 06 johnson just did the same thing (freewheel slips under pressure). They said they'd replace it under warranty immediately, although i'm tempted to just get something different.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011343
Mobile Version of Website