Portable FOAM PIT for rent Please comment..........

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Portable FOAM PIT for rent Please comment..........
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 6, 2011 at 20:56 Quote
I am going to be buying some foam for a foam pit. I have a couple ideas.
#1 Make a 12' x 16' x 4' Portable foam pit for personal and rent
#2 Make a 8' x 10' foam pit for personal use

I found a great deal on some high density foam, there pit size is 18' x 16' x 5'. My original plan was just a small pit for myself. But i have been thinking about my pit and how i want to make it and have a couple concerns.
First is being able to protect it from rodants and animals. Store it, not every one has the options for a huge foam pit. Use and setup, you dont want to spend hours setting up and tearing down. Durability, is also a concern.
But if you could take this thing to a event or some dirt jumps, setup time is less than 15 min. and you have a huge pit to bike into, snowboard into, gymnastics etc...for say $50 half day rental $100 day rental.
Do you think it would be a good investment, do you think there would be a market?

Posted: Nov 6, 2011 at 23:22 Quote
You would need quite a large truck or maybe trailer to transport the foam though? And i doubt you would be able to set one up in 15 minutes, packing it up would be hard too...

O+
Posted: Nov 6, 2011 at 23:47 Quote
you would be better off looking at an airbag of some kind.http://acrobag.org/

i shall use this moment to whore my airbag pic.
Big Grin
We had an amazing weekend at Mt. Washington. Everyone was expanding their bag of tricks at an epic rate. Even cooler Patrick Trottier Jed Ashton and Nick Bokrossy tied for the win in the Best Trick Contest on the Mt Washington DJ s with an invert 3 a backflip and a 3 off a drop all tricks they learned that day. Stoked See you next summer we ll be back
sooo funBeer

Posted: Nov 7, 2011 at 7:37 Quote
It would be in a small enclosed trailer 5'x8'. I have some bags kind of like a santa sack that will compress the foam so it will fit. And i have several ideas for the pit so it can be made to a small pit a medium or a large. But if the price of those air bags arent to expensive i might just go that route, i am waiting to hear back from them on prices. Thanks for the input so far.

Posted: Nov 7, 2011 at 15:35 Quote
boostedrt wrote:
I am going to be buying some foam for a foam pit. I have a couple ideas.
#1 Make a 12' x 16' x 4' Portable foam pit for personal and rent
#2 Make a 8' x 10' foam pit for personal use

I found a great deal on some high density foam, there pit size is 18' x 16' x 5'. My original plan was just a small pit for myself. But i have been thinking about my pit and how i want to make it and have a couple concerns.
First is being able to protect it from rodants and animals. Store it, not every one has the options for a huge foam pit. Use and setup, you dont want to spend hours setting up and tearing down. Durability, is also a concern.
But if you could take this thing to a event or some dirt jumps, setup time is less than 15 min. and you have a huge pit to bike into, snowboard into, gymnastics etc...for say $50 half day rental $100 day rental.
Do you think it would be a good investment, do you think there would be a market?

Go with an airbag, will probably save you a lot of hassle down the road. You may want to look into your foam and see if it is fire retardant, if not that's a big no with insurance, meaning no renting it out.

Posted: Nov 8, 2011 at 16:21 Quote
I bought my foam todayBig Grin and am looking at a couple trailers. I am going to get a trailer as close to 8' x 12' as possible so i can just keep the pit full and make a top that folds over it should be awesome! I looked into the air bags but they are over 10k for what i want. The foam is high density fire retardant. There still is some foam for a great price, they still have enough for a pit of 8' x 10' x 5'. For $500. It is a gymnastics company that replaces there foam and sell at HUGE discount, it is like a quarter a block for a 8" x 8" cube. So far i am hoping to do this project for under $2000 and is looking good! Thanks for the input it has helped i will keep the project posted.

Posted: Nov 9, 2011 at 14:16 Quote
stevil-1 wrote:

Big Grin
We had an amazing weekend at Mt. Washington. Everyone was expanding their bag of tricks at an epic rate. Even cooler Patrick Trottier Jed Ashton and Nick Bokrossy tied for the win in the Best Trick Contest on the Mt Washington DJ s with an invert 3 a backflip and a 3 off a drop all tricks they learned that day. Stoked See you next summer we ll be back
sooo funBeer
Man I have been wanting to try this since I first saw it. I am going to look into renting one next summer for the N town skate park tup

Posted: Nov 9, 2011 at 14:26 Quote
you're using the trailer as the pit?

8' wide does not sound like a lot of room to mess up with, does it?

Posted: Nov 9, 2011 at 17:29 Quote
Id hit that shitz man!

Posted: Nov 9, 2011 at 17:37 Quote
it needs to be a lot bigger than you think. you'd be surprised at your (or other people's) ability to hit the sides (or miss the pit entirely).

Posted: Nov 9, 2011 at 18:09 Quote
yeaaaaa go streetbike tommy

Posted: Nov 9, 2011 at 18:34 Quote
willy94 wrote:
yeaaaaa go streetbike tommy
Did you see the other vid ? NO RIGHT TURNS"

Posted: Nov 9, 2011 at 18:40 Quote
ive seen every single episode of nitro circus

O+
Posted: Nov 9, 2011 at 20:13 Quote
Caezar wrote:
stevil-1 wrote:

Big Grin
sooo funBeer
Man I have been wanting to try this since I first saw it. I am going to look into renting one next summer for the N town skate park tup

send coc a message. ya never know they might show up.tup
thats what i did, ( not sure if my message brought them but either way they came) no charge eitherBig Grin .
just a donation to the food bank.
at one point their was just me and 2 other people hitting it.
got back-flips in like 4 trys

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016712
Mobile Version of Website