Dirt and tool descussion for tools like me

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Dirt and tool descussion for tools like me
Posted: Oct 16, 2012 at 12:56 Quote
Hah tirfors are amazing tools. Borrowed one from work a couple months back and was impressed with what we could move. Set it up with a 10 tonne sling round a tree for an anchor and were nearly pulling it down! Just unbelievably cumbersome, had a 30m roll of SWR for it that weighed as much as my mate. Good find!

Posted: Oct 21, 2012 at 9:50 Quote
does anyone know where you can buy tools like the mcleod leatherton from in the UK. had a bit of a google yesterday and came back with nill.

Posted: Oct 21, 2012 at 9:54 Quote
mcleod leatherton doesn't even come up in google...

Posted: Oct 22, 2012 at 1:24 Quote
James-Carey wrote:

I meant mcloed or leatherton, sorry. Tools like the ones in the first couple of posts. Hoe and rakes combo with a flat top to self stand and to be used as a press/ramp.

Posted: Oct 22, 2012 at 4:55 Quote
Leatherman?

Link to the company sites haha

also pretty sure you can get them he rakes from some gardening shops, i can have a looksy if you want?

Posted: Oct 22, 2012 at 5:01 Quote
Those McLeods are VERY expensive , I think you are btter off buying a heavy duty tarmac rake and a propper wide bladed trenching Hoe , it works wonders for me.

Posted: Oct 22, 2012 at 5:02 Quote
Concretesnail wrote:
James-Carey wrote:

I meant mcloed or leatherton, sorry. Tools like the ones in the first couple of posts. Hoe and rakes combo with a flat top to self stand and to be used as a press/ramp.

Sorry brain cross wired this morning.

I meant lamberton not leatherton

Posted: Nov 6, 2012 at 12:28 Quote
Any idea if Ames or Spear and Jackson's long handles are good quality?

Posted: Nov 6, 2012 at 12:49 Quote
ames are meant to be, not so sure about spear and jackson, used to have one and snapped it, well i didnt, a mate did, but it lived in the woods and didnt get used right.

Posted: Nov 6, 2012 at 12:54 Quote
I see, well I was looking on amazon, and they have quite a big range of different stuff and they look decent, any idea what Seymour are like?

Posted: Nov 6, 2012 at 13:43 Quote
not even heard of them

Posted: Nov 6, 2012 at 14:37 Quote
I have a spear and jackson Tarmac rake and it's one of the best tools I ever bought , you can rake and kind of dig with it quite aggressively and it's still striaght

Posted: Nov 6, 2012 at 14:49 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
not even heard of them

didn't really expect you to, just throwing it out there as they looked decent, but looks can be deceiving

Posted: Nov 7, 2012 at 6:46 Quote
bigburd wrote:
I have a spear and jackson Tarmac rake and it's one of the best tools I ever bought , you can rake and kind of dig with it quite aggressively and it's still striaght

I am yet to buy a spear and jackson tool that i like....

Posted: Jun 27, 2013 at 11:24 Quote
Any one tried the bulldog irish shovel ? or any bulldog kit ?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.237599
Mobile Version of Website