Stout Owners Thread.

PB Forum :: Other
Stout Owners Thread.
| Next Page
Posted: May 30, 2013 at 8:28 Quote
I don't spend a whole lot of time on the message board anymore but I don't know how I missed this thread. Here is a few pictures of my setup. At the time it was the longest frame he had built but I think recently he made an even longer frame. The TT length is 23.5" with 15.5" chain stays. The first few pictures are of the original setup when I transferred over everything from my old Specialized P3.
Old 1
  Old 1
Old 2
Old 3
Old 4

Over the last year/winter I upgraded quite a bit on the bike. Waiting on a few odds and ends and I'll have more pictures of it all together.
New 2

Posted: May 30, 2013 at 15:08 Quote
I liked the older color.

Posted: Jun 4, 2013 at 7:46 Quote
My Stout Sasquatch all put together finally.
Rear End

Posted: Oct 10, 2013 at 11:29 Quote
New custom 26" street frame from stout! I'm super excited to finally ride with geometry that is dialed for a tall dude. (for the record i'm about 6'7, 235#). Mad props to Matt at Stout bikes, the quality is amazing!

I originally based most of the geo on the Stout 'christine' trans-red frame that is posted earlier on this thread. I will for sure post pics when it is all built up.

Let me know what you think!

Geo:

TT: 24" actual HT: 71° HT Length: 4.6" Integrated, long taper SA: 74° BB drop: -5mm BB type: MID 73mm CS length: 14.6" Straight-gauge tubing 110x14mm spacing with integrated tensioners No brake mounts low-cut seat tube Left-hand drive (max tire clearance 2.3, max sprocket size 28t)

Custom frame from Stout Bikes in Texas. So stoked TT 24 actual HT 71 HT Length 4.6 Integrated long taper SA 74 BB drop -5mm BB type MID 73mm CS length 14.6 Straight-gauge tubing 110x14mm spacing with integrated tensioners No brake mounts low-cut seat tube Left-hand drive max tire clearance 2.3 max sprocket size 28t

Integrated tensioners
  Integrated tensioners

slammed
  slammed

Posted: Oct 10, 2013 at 17:30 Quote
wiscoshred wrote:
New custom 26" street frame from stout! I'm super excited to finally ride with geometry that is dialed for a tall dude. (for the record i'm about 6'7, 235#). Mad props to Matt at Stout bikes, the quality is amazing!

I originally based most of the geo on the Stout 'christine' trans-red frame that is posted earlier on this thread. I will for sure post pics when it is all built up.

Let me know what you think!

Geo:

TT: 24" actual HT: 71° HT Length: 4.6" Integrated, long taper SA: 74° BB drop: -5mm BB type: MID 73mm CS length: 14.6" Straight-gauge tubing 110x14mm spacing with integrated tensioners No brake mounts low-cut seat tube Left-hand drive (max tire clearance 2.3, max sprocket size 28t)

Custom frame from Stout Bikes in Texas. So stoked TT 24 actual HT 71 HT Length 4.6 Integrated long taper SA 74 BB drop -5mm BB type MID 73mm CS length 14.6 Straight-gauge tubing 110x14mm spacing with integrated tensioners No brake mounts low-cut seat tube Left-hand drive max tire clearance 2.3 max sprocket size 28t

Integrated tensioners
  Integrated tensioners

slammed
  slammed

You used my geo? Awe shucks Fab

Posted: Oct 10, 2013 at 19:55 Quote
Hell yeah, your stout has been one of my fav bikes on PB for a while now with the velvet/districts!

Main difference is that i got a suuuper long tt, its gonna be a monster truck...

Posted: Nov 12, 2013 at 11:00 Quote
sneak peak...

Shes gonna be a monster! Razz

Posted: Nov 25, 2013 at 11:23 Quote
Frame Stout custom 24 TT 69.5 HA 74 SA 4mm BB 4.6 Integrated HT 14.5 CS LHD 23t clearance 110mm rear spacing 73mm MID BB no mounts integrated seat clamp integrated tensioners Fork 2013 Manitou Circus 130mm Bars NS District Grips Cult Stem Fit S4 Headset Revenge 45 45 Seat Profile Mulville Seat Post Deco BB Profile MID Cranks 170mm Spline Drive Sprocket 23T Profile Spline Drive Pedals Demolition Trooper Front Hub Profile MTB 20mm Front Rim NS Fundamental Front Tire Maxxis Holy roller 2.4 Rear Hub Profile BMX 10t LHD Rear Rim NS Fundamental Rear Tire Resist Nomad 2.25

Frame: Stout custom 24"tt, 71 HA, 74 SA, -5mm BB, 4.6" Integrated HT, 14.5" CS, LHD 23t clearance, 110mm rear spacing, 73mm MID BB, no mounts, integrated seat clamp, integrated tensioners
Fork: 2013 Manitou Circus 130mm
Bars: NS District
Grips: Cult
Stem: Fit S4
Headset: Revenge 45/45
Seat: Profile Mulville
Seat Post: Deco
BB: Profile MID
Cranks: 170mm Spline Drive
Sprocket: 23T Profile Spline Drive
Pedals: Demolition Trooper
Front Hub: Profile MTB 20mm
Front Rim: NS Fundamental
Front Tire: Maxxis Holy roller 2.4"
Rear Hub: Profile BMX 10t LHD
Rear Rim: NS Fundamental
Rear Tire: Resist Nomad 2.25"

Posted: Nov 25, 2013 at 20:37 Quote
How tall are you???

Posted: Nov 25, 2013 at 21:04 Quote
if you compare reach on bmx and mtb freestyle frames, you see that MTbmx is actually equivalent to a bmx frame about 2 inches shorter... Considering a lot of kids of average height are gravitating to 21+ for park and DJ, I personally think a guy of above average height could easily use that.

Also consider that trials bikes actually tend to start around that length and add 2 inches to the stem. You would be surprised what could be advantageous to you...

Posted: Nov 26, 2013 at 6:18 Quote
byubound wrote:
How tall are you???

I'm 6'6" and about 235#.

I have to say that right off the bat the geo felt amazing for street. It is super flicky for any bunnyhop tricks like 180's, 360s. Having the super long TT leaves a ton of space for my knees, which were bumping the stem regularly on my previous 22.5" TT.

I honestly think that the extra long TT didn't really effect the feel of the bike as much as just allowing for more room. The 14.5" slammed CS on the other hand is what seems to make the bike really poppy for street.

Posted: Dec 1, 2013 at 19:18 Quote
I've had two Stouts, Matty's awesome!

Posted: Jul 9, 2017 at 18:58 Quote
I know this is an old thread but I just ordered a Stout frame and would love to get other owners opinions about there bikes.

Not sure if anyone has any of his newer frames. But sound off if you do.

Thanks.

Posted: Jul 16, 2017 at 9:34 Quote
They are as the name implies, stout! They are functional art versus art that's functional as many custom builders seek to achieve. The welds are beautiful and even, I have nothing but good to say about Matt's work. I'm on my third Stout simply because I think up some new idea to try and want another one Smile

Any specific question?

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022847
Mobile Version of Website