PB Forum :: Other
Stout Owners Thread.
Posted: May 10, 2012 at 3:10 Quote
this is so pooey my frame still hasnt arrived and ive got all the other parts

O+
Posted: May 10, 2012 at 6:49 Quote
Same. Seems like alot of people are ordering around now.Confused

Posted: May 10, 2012 at 9:36 Quote
So I asked matt if he was interested in building a rigid fork. Im not sure where but im pretty sure i read some where that someone asked him already, anyone know?

Posted: May 10, 2012 at 11:31 Quote
BSal wrote:
So I asked matt if he was interested in building a rigid fork. Im not sure where but im pretty sure i read some where that someone asked him already, anyone know?
Rod talked to him about it . something about r-n-d also going into the design .

O+
Posted: May 14, 2012 at 6:41 Quote
Finally got a decent picture of mine Big Grin
finally got a decent pic of my bike

Posted: May 14, 2012 at 6:46 Quote
Looks good.

Mattty talked about bars and rigids, but mentions it's a different process where you need a tapered tube for a fork, and bars are a different machine and material I think.

Posted: May 14, 2012 at 7:59 Quote
Nice but the color stickers look awk Confused should get white ones Smile

Posted: May 14, 2012 at 9:40 Quote
Been considering with going ahead with the V2 frame recently, going to make it similar to Capital geo.

Posted: May 14, 2012 at 14:03 Quote
moleman wrote:
Been considering with going ahead with the V2 frame recently, going to make it similar to Capital geo.
I thought of this ( main being a thought lol ) But while at work I was thinkin of taking the cap geo and tweaking it . The 24 geo is soo sweat and if the seat stay and bb was up more a 26 could fit . Then offset the seat tube on the BB like how they do it on a fly terria . Up the TT like an inch .I would leave the HA the same and raise the BB up just enough so I could run a 22t with pegs on both sides Big Grin

Posted: May 14, 2012 at 15:04 Quote
I was thinking of getting a 26" Cap, as I loved the way my old 24" rode. My current Stout is probably more of an all round geo right now, so I want to create something more street. The current Caps are designed around a rigid really, so once a sus fork goes on the BB gets jacked up real high.
I'm thinking of a Cap frame but based around a 435-445mm sus fork. 72 HA, 76 SA, +15 BB, 22" TT and slammed CS.

Posted: May 14, 2012 at 15:14 Quote
check out the tubagra geo's they may be what you are looking for. the spec on the 26 is really nice. Very similar to what you want .

Posted: May 14, 2012 at 15:25 Quote
Yeah Tubagra are sick! Though they are expensive and don't seem that easy to get hold of. I use the geo of the kdMOZU for inspiration for my current Stout. The geo is similar though again that frame is designed around a 420mm with a 71 HA, and I want to run sus so it'll be too slack then.

Posted: May 14, 2012 at 15:28 Quote
Tubagra is a custom builder also so some of the bikes posted on the sight have some sick geos. just hard to read the blogs being all in Japanese lol

Posted: May 20, 2012 at 2:15 Quote
Just built up mine the other night Smile
It rides so sweet
photo

Posted: May 20, 2012 at 9:25 Quote
Didn't know you got a bmx.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.030732
Mobile Version of Website