Devinci hectik 2008/9 pivots stuck please help

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Devinci hectik 2008/9 pivots stuck please help
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 17, 2011 at 10:03 Quote
Hi basically I got a used hectik think its 08/09, there is loads of play in the bottom bracket pivot so decided to take it apart but how the hell do you

ive removed the first steel bolt and the black alloy inner bolt to access the axel but the other side literally will not moved ive almost totally rounded the hex bolt, is there a certain way it goes maybe opposite or something ive missed any help would be greatly appreciated as its screwed at the moment,

I also reamoved the grub nuts from the grease ports ....? please help

siezed pivot bolts wont budge rounded hex hole any ideas people

Posted: Nov 17, 2011 at 11:11 Quote
lots of ways to sort with but i think you should take it to a bike shop b4 you do more damage no affence

Posted: Nov 17, 2011 at 11:54 Quote
superbikes wrote:
lots of ways to sort with but i think you should take it to a bike shop b4 you do more damage no affence

ye its already way damaged pal, i could do with a manual/diagram of the actual pivot/frame then il have to drill it out I think, Ive even had a impact driver on it and its totally siezed

I really could do with a diagram tho for all I know there could be some grub nut or circlip holding it on

Mod
Posted: Nov 17, 2011 at 12:45 Quote
Have you emailed Devinci?

Posted: Nov 17, 2011 at 12:56 Quote
did you loosen the small set screws on the swing arm? nvm... re-read your post.

I'd get a new pivot on order...and grab a bigger hammer.

Posted: Nov 17, 2011 at 13:10 Quote
TieMyShoe wrote:
did you loosen the small set screws on the swing arm? nvm... re-read your post.

I'd get a new pivot on order...and grab a bigger hammer.

ive hammered hell out it with a pound hammer and had impact driver on opposite side, im not sure if there are threads on hex side,

could do with some diagrams or pics of a dismantled frame

Posted: Nov 17, 2011 at 13:11 Quote
almostwise wrote:
Have you emailed Devinci?

I messaged through freeborn website twice but no reply

Posted: Nov 17, 2011 at 13:22 Quote
freeborn are good guys give them a ring

Posted: Nov 17, 2011 at 13:25 Quote
superbikes wrote:
freeborn are good guys give them a ring

yea Im guna have to ring get full bearing kit n drill em all out with a dremel I think, the expensive option but looking like the only option.

full kit as shock pivot seems to be same, either that or im missing something stupid like a dodgy circlip hiden somewhere

Posted: Nov 17, 2011 at 18:56 Quote
I've invited this guy to the thread. Give him time to reply before you do anything.

http://hampsteadbandit.pinkbike.com/

Posted: Nov 18, 2011 at 9:23 Quote
comacruz wrote:
I've invited this guy to the thread. Give him time to reply before you do anything.

http://hampsteadbandit.pinkbike.com/

cool thanks Salute

Posted: Nov 19, 2011 at 3:29 Quote
make sure the grub screw on either side of the swingarm yoke has been removed (the grub screws helps stop
the axle moving from side to side when riding)

remove the non-driveside axle bolt and cap, and then thread the bolt back into the axle 4-5 turns

use a rubber mallet and smack this bolt end, so it gets the main axle moving

remove the bolt, and find a suitable size socket or steel bar, and carefully tap the axle out of the frame

(there is nothing internally holding the axle, i.e. no circlip)

if the needle roller bearings are corroded, its going to take some force to move this axle from the frame, the axle may also be bent which will require considerable force to remove. There should be a hollow steel axle which the black bolt sits inside, this may be corroded against the steel bearings but should not prevent the black axle being removed.

for spares call Jim at Freeborn on 01403 251 252i

Posted: Nov 19, 2011 at 8:41 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:
make sure the grub screw on either side of the swingarm yoke has been removed (the grub screws helps stop
the axle moving from side to side when riding) Yep there totally removed pal

remove the non-driveside axle bolt and cap, and then thread the bolt back into the axle 4-5 turns Also done

use a rubber mallet and smack this bolt end, so it gets the main axle moving hit with a mallet a standard hammer and a huge pound hammer no movement wotsoever

remove the bolt, and find a suitable size socket or steel bar, and carefully tap the axle out of the frame

(there is nothing internally holding the axle, i.e. no circlip)

if the needle roller bearings are corroded, its going to take some force to move this axle from the frame, the axle may also be bent which will require considerable force to remove. There should be a hollow steel axle which the black bolt sits inside, this may be corroded against the steel bearings but should not prevent the black axle being removed. I think you have just 'hit the nail on the head' the axel probably is bent and or bearings are totally messed up

for spares call Jim at Freeborn on 01403 251 252i

thanks for the info pal im guna just drill it out with a dremel in the morning I thinks thanks Salute

Posted: Nov 20, 2011 at 4:17 Quote
at last 1 axel removed 1 to go dremel drill n lots force

removed siezed axel. n wots left of bearing housing

Thanks for the help guys, a dremel, drill and lots force with a pound hammer finally did the job after 2 hours, 1 out 1 to go

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.029957
Mobile Version of Website