Short Travel fullies

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Short Travel fullies
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 at 17:16 Quote
the blur 4x is a supper fun bike, but the new hustler from cove is supper fun bike got to ride it this summer and had lots of fun on it

Posted: Apr 21, 2008 at 23:26 Quote
dshea wrote:
Giant Reign?

6" is short travel?

Rolleyes

Posted: Apr 21, 2008 at 23:28 Quote
fallline wrote:
IM thinking:

Cove Hustler
Spec Sx
Tranistion BottleRocket

Defenetly BOTTLE ROCKET!!! Check mine out:P

O+
Posted: Apr 22, 2008 at 4:00 Quote
vinceliberatore wrote:
dshea wrote:
Giant Reign?

6" is short travel?

Rolleyes

Since henever specified how much travel he wants and he mentioned the Bottle Rocket as an option. Yes 6" would be "short"

Posted: Apr 22, 2008 at 4:15 Quote
Blur 4x. great geometry and build. 4x is a misnomer, its just a great super thrashing trail bike. responsive and quick out of corners, tracks the ground well, handles abuse, easy to throw around, light enough to ride all day. if you are looking for a short travel susser then the riding you'll be doing is the riding this bike was made for. I'm not saying its better than any other bike but it does what it does very well

Posted: Apr 22, 2008 at 4:32 Quote
what he said^^^^^^^

photo

this weighs in at a measly 31.15lbs but has been tearing my trails a new one over the past few days. its a fun all round bike but jeezus, point it downhill and let it fly! hit some drops in foul conditions this weekend that ive been trying to get the bottle up to do for a little while now. its my latest skill compensator!

seriously though, im a big ht fan so didnt want a big travel bike. with the propedal on this behaves really well and theres no mushyness when accelerating. ive never ridden vpp before but im impressed. swallows those big hits with only 115mm travel.

Posted: Apr 22, 2008 at 4:36 Quote
giant reign x the best bike i have ever ridden. corners almost as if there is someone pushing you through it. Works well for xc but can take big hits as well as tough DH. The guy at my shop (who is a pro rider) says its the best bike he as ever ridden and said prob he's ever gonna ride. Nothing bad to say about it

Posted: Apr 22, 2008 at 5:01 Quote
mrtee you are obviously a very cool fella. my (new) 4x looks pretty much like your steed. black with white outlaw rims, middleburn cranks, single chain ring up front, pike 454's. you're absolutely correct, its like riding my chameleon for acceleration but the vpp just sucks up the bumps and its veeeerrrryyy confidence inspiring. the bike far outweighs my skills.it handles a lot more bigger freeride stuff than i thought it would want to, but it keeps wanting more.

Posted: Apr 22, 2008 at 12:38 Quote
this is a sick little rig - 4" virtual pivot suspension

Mythic / Banshee Rampant

it was designed as a pro level 4X race bikes, but due to the hydroformed tubeset and generally burly design, could be used without issues for slopestyle and dirt jumping

we built one up recently with a Fox Van32 / Stans's rims, XT/X-9 and thomson/easton kit to do some photos for advertising and it came in at 26lb which is sick

photo

this is another one, this guy bought a Wildcard and liked it so much he bought this for his girlfriend, he has since put a Pike dual air fork on there for her:

photo

Posted: Nov 1, 2008 at 9:10 Quote
samnation wrote:
intense 6.6, rockey slayer ss, trek remedy, specailized SX, kona cowan, 24seven messiah, orange makes a BR-esque bike, reign

there are many to choose from depending on price, complete or not, pivot style and type of shock
do you know how much the 247 messiah is canadian, they look sick and i want one

O+
Posted: Nov 1, 2008 at 13:01 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:
this is a sick little rig - 4" virtual pivot suspension

Mythic / Banshee Rampant

it was designed as a pro level 4X race bikes, but due to the hydroformed tubeset and generally burly design, could be used without issues for slopestyle and dirt jumping

we built one up recently with a Fox Van32 / Stans's rims, XT/X-9 and thomson/easton kit to do some photos for advertising and it came in at 26lb which is sick

photo

this is another one, this guy bought a Wildcard and liked it so much he bought this for his girlfriend, he has since put a Pike dual air fork on there for her:

photo

I thought you were all about faux bar for slopestyle and that anything else wouldn't feel as good?

Posted: Nov 6, 2008 at 19:35 Quote
anybody know the max fork size on a transition double?

Posted: Jun 13, 2009 at 5:41 Quote
exodus21 wrote:
anybody know the max fork size on a transition double?
i would say no more than 130mm
edit: sorry accidental thread resurrection Blank Stare

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012295
Mobile Version of Website