A Good Street Tyre?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
A Good Street Tyre?
Posted: Dec 14, 2007 at 15:29 Quote
table tops are made by schwable(sp?)

Posted: Dec 14, 2007 at 15:30 Quote
i own some schwalbe table tops on my 26" on my mob..they are really light, and seem to grip well in all weather conditions...i was ridding around in 4 inches if snow and they still bite...plus they are cheap...i recommend them...

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 9:03 Quote
im thinking of either getting tioga fs100 2.1 or dmr transitions 1.9 for street. what do you think?

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 9:08 Quote
Specialized Rhythm 2.3. I ride DJ, street and park on these. Roll fast, look dope. Cant see it in the pic, but the tread runs all the way down the sidewall... Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Tire/Specialized_Rhythm_Tire.jpg

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 10:00 Quote
if your not bothered about weight the dmr transition tyres roll for ever,great for street and park, but are very heavy!

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 12:36 Quote
cheers buddy, ye im pretty bothered about weight and if they're heavy then i wont bother, i think i mite go for the fs100's.

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 12:54 Quote
nickbdhstreet wrote:
cheers buddy, ye im pretty bothered about weight and if they're heavy then i wont bother, i think i mite go for the fs100's.
Stay away from Maxxis Hookworm because they are mad heavy but I think they look really cool!I run a Halo Twin Rail on the rear of my bike.It has a a double raised bit in the middle(hence 'twin rail')so feels like a slick.About 800 or so grams.But if you do rear wheel tricks and so on how about the tranny on the rear and the FS on the front?Should save on punctures!

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 12:59 Quote
go for straight fs100 !!!!
front and back Smile
or schwalbe crazy bob on back and tioga up front

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 13:04 Quote
i like the idea of transition on the back, but wot du rekon to 1.9's, too small? its cos im tryin to slam the wheel on my revell and i'll need a proper skinny tyre to do it.
o, and nutty, du like crazy bobs or summit?lol

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 13:08 Quote
SuperrealA11an wrote:
holly roller Maxxis
yes agreed i have one on the front of my bike

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 13:16 Quote
Holy Rollers are rediculously heavy and big. I'm getting rid of mine and either getting Schwalbe Tabletops or Kenda Small Block 8's.

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 13:17 Quote
cdavis wrote:
Holy Rollers are rediculously heavy and big. I'm getting rid of mine and either getting Schwalbe Tabletops or Kenda Small Block 8's.
my ass, they are light ass hell,maybe im just used to dh tires i dunno k-rads are hella light too

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 13:18 Quote
Yeah, my ass. They weigh over 800 grams. They're one of the heaviest street tires, K-Rads too.

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 13:19 Quote
ahaha how did you guess ?
lol i love them Big Grin (to nick street)

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 13:20 Quote
cdavis wrote:
Yeah, my ass. They weigh over 800 grams. They're one of the heaviest street tires, K-Rads too.
k then it is just that im used to dh tires.but hell i like light bikes but i dont care really unless if i have a bike weighing like 100 lbs

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012107
Mobile Version of Website