Large 2012 black market killswitch frame

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Large 2012 black market killswitch frame
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 26, 2011 at 10:12 Quote
hey pinkbike, just need some feedback on the new 2012 killswitch frame from people who got one or know alot about them, im about 6ft 1 and my old dj hardtail bike has a top tube measurement of 22.5 which felt small for me, but the killswitch has a top tube of 23" would this make much difference if any atal? again, im bout 6ft1 and not to sure if it would be good for me or not. any info appreciated

Posted: Dec 17, 2011 at 0:17 Quote
BUMP this

whats good with the 2012 killswitch frames..anything different about them vs. the 2011's?

thanks PB

Posted: Dec 17, 2011 at 1:23 Quote
I'm also 6'1" and the frame I currently ride is a 09 NS Suburban which has a 22.5ish toptube.
I've ridden the medium (22") Killswitch and it feels like a similar length.

Just thinking about it, the seat-tube is actually forward of where it would be on a hardtail so that the wheel doesn't hit it when you bottom out, so while the top-tube would actually measure 22," it feels longer because relative to let's say, the bottom bracket, it is a similar length to the hardtail.
Also, chainstay length has to be considered. My hardtail has shorter chainstays than the killswitch and I run my wheel almost slammed. This probably also contributed to the killswitch feeling around the same length.

Hope that makes sense, also I personally would not run the long frame coming off my suburban.

Posted: Dec 17, 2011 at 7:27 Quote
cheers for the info guys! im used to riding a large mondraker summum pro team frame so need somethinbg as long as i can!

Posted: Dec 17, 2011 at 8:13 Quote
Small for me

...2012 anyone? who knows whats different

thanks

Posted: Dec 19, 2011 at 8:15 Quote
I got one of the earlier runs of the Killswitch (2009/2010?) in size Large (23"tt). It's a rad bike, but be warned, it actually feels a lot longer than 23".

I did an explanation over on this thread:

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/f61/killswitch-update-239886/

Basically though, when I lined up the bottom brackets, comparing my 22.5"tt Mob and my 23"tt Killswitch, you'll see that the "cockpit" size is very different. It's a lot more than 1/2" difference, it's more like 2" difference. I think the reason is that the seat tube angle of the Killswitch is more vertical. The longer top tube then pushes the front end farther forward.

Once again, it's a great bike. But it's BIG. If you are a short or medium height rider or you just want a small snappy bike, DO NOT GET THE LARGE.

photo

Posted: Dec 19, 2011 at 8:57 Quote
this was exactly the msg i was waiting for! cheers mate, just needed to double check it was a large sized dj bike, perfect!

O+
Posted: Dec 19, 2011 at 19:05 Quote
I am around 6ft and ride a small, but I ride trials on it as well as dj. I have the seatpost higher and set way back though where it is probably in a similar location to one of the larger frames. I don't know how the bigger ones ride but I have not had any major issues on the small.
Views: 1,615    Faves: 3    Comments: 5

Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 6:55 Quote
ace! think il defo get a large then cause i hope to do some xc on it also ( if i must!)

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011528
Mobile Version of Website