RC2 Fit Cartbridge diameter?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
RC2 Fit Cartbridge diameter?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 30, 2011 at 10:37 Quote
To change oil into RC2 Fit cartbridge into a FOX 40 2010, we need to put the cartbridge into a vice. I need the diameter of the cartbridge.

Thanks for your help!

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2011 at 15:26 Quote
well you'll actually need multiple diameters as rebuilding it requires clamping in several different areas to get it appart. The only way to do this without damaging stuff is to get the proper Fox shaft clamps that come with all the sizes you'll need (they have bout 6-8 slots, you'll only need about 4 of those)

Posted: Nov 30, 2011 at 15:54 Quote
Where can I find it ? Theres one on Jenson USA but I think its for a FOX 32, not for FOX 40.

Here's the link: http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/FK262Z01-Fox+32+Shaft+Clamp+Kit.aspx

Otherewise, where can I get the right one ?

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2011 at 15:56 Quote
Thats the old one and will not do the 40, I got it direct from fox

Posted: Nov 30, 2011 at 16:01 Quote
How much did you pay for ?

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2011 at 16:04 Quote
Sorry I spoke too soon, that one though it is the older one it will do the 40 and honestly I don;t even remember how much. I ordered it with the shop card for shop use so I didn't even care

Posted: Nov 30, 2011 at 16:09 Quote
Do you have an access to tell me what size of hole we need to use ? I'm in mechanical engineering and I can build it by myself and I would try but I didn't find hole size anywhere!

Posted: Nov 30, 2011 at 17:39 Quote
I have bled mine a few times, and I have been able to get the whole assembly appart without the vice, just clean it and use your hands to hold it. Also, if i remember correctly, there is a hex machined onto one of the parts that you can grip to get the bolt that holds the bladder cover off. This was on an older model before they flipped the setup, 2008 I think

Posted: Nov 30, 2011 at 17:43 Quote
also
http://service.foxracingshox.com/consumers/index.htm
shaft clamp PN 803-00-084.

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2011 at 19:47 Quote
stp-rider wrote:
Do you have an access to tell me what size of hole we need to use ? I'm in mechanical engineering and I can build it by myself and I would try but I didn't find hole size anywhere!

Sorry wish i could give you an exact measurement, unfortunately I don't happen to have a cartridge out of your model year 40 and a set of micrometers handy right now. Just doin what i can as no one else had anything for ya

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009652
Mobile Version of Website