Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Jun 10, 2015 at 21:41 Quote
Cool mail service you have, that can send freezed goods

Posted: Jun 10, 2015 at 21:44 Quote
My sister sends a Styrofoam cooler full of east coast goods during the holidays. Packed with dry ice, that stuff is a blast!

Posted: Jun 10, 2015 at 21:46 Quote
You tell her to send! She hot?

Posted: Jun 10, 2015 at 21:49 Quote
Over 2 bills hot!

Posted: Jun 10, 2015 at 21:50 Quote
She'll keep me warm during cold winters here then?

Posted: Jun 10, 2015 at 22:45 Quote
macross87 wrote:
Oh cool. And one is at my local REI. I do love their packs and the Texas heat will work well with their ventilation designs. Thanks.

I use this one http://www.rei.com/product/889173/osprey-syncro-10-hydration-pack-100-fl-oz-2014-closeout
It's got this air speed mesh that keeps the pack separated from your back and you get a nice air flow in between. Sweaty drenched backs suck and it works great

Posted: Jun 11, 2015 at 0:04 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
bkchef2000 wrote:
Wife asked what I needed for the bike... Fathers day is around the corner. Suggestions in the under 200 catagory? I have good pedals, cranks, bars, stem, seat, brakes etc... Was leaning more towards 5.10s but not sure if the size 14's will fit my hobbit feet. What is the must have part, peice of gear etc that I should consider?

your bikes dialed ask for a free weekend of riding Smile ... or a whole unquestioned day...thats what i ask for Wink

I get stevens this sunday... if all goes to plan. I do need a new Chef Knife or a soundbar for the TV but riding shit always gets put on the back burner... I need to diversify the kit. And when she asks me specifically what I want for the bike... I get going!

ProCore?

Posted: Jun 11, 2015 at 1:32 Quote
TahoeSX wrote:
Lornholio wrote:
I built up a Bronson Carbon for the summer; second hand frame, new wheels/seatpost/crankset/headset (Works -1) and the rest was transplanted from my old bike including the shock. Rides as good as it looks, I love it Big Grin .

Bronson Carbon custom build

Bronson Carbon custom build

I'm just here to quote you since no one else did....

But seriously, such a clean bike! I'm not even a neon kinda guy but you built that bike up nicely Big Grin

Posted: Jun 11, 2015 at 4:21 Quote
TahoeSX wrote:
I'm just here to quote you since no one else did....

But seriously, such a clean bike! I'm not even a neon kinda guy but you built that bike up nicely Big Grin

Thanks guys. Pretty stoked I managed to build this thing up, and glad I finished it off with the colour details. I did think about yellow on the rims instead of dark grey (it's transparent vinyl over the white logos) but thought that might be too much. What do you think?

Posted: Jun 11, 2015 at 4:44 Quote
It has the perfect amount of yellow...i wouldn't add any to the wheels. Curious about the transparent over your wheels? I have a set of spank subrosa30 on hopes that i would love to knock the white down a little

Posted: Jun 11, 2015 at 4:54 Quote
What do you guys think?

Transition Covert 12

Posted: Jun 11, 2015 at 4:56 Quote
updated my Tech 3 lever, because I bended it while crashing..will also get red adjuster screws and cylinder lid.

tech 3 lever update

Posted: Jun 11, 2015 at 4:57 Quote
Nickhalorider wrote:
What do you guys think?

Transition Covert 12

looks nice! I would ride it! Smile

Posted: Jun 11, 2015 at 5:09 Quote
Nickhalorider wrote:
What do you guys think?

Transition Covert 12

Looks sick! Sweet bike!

Styrofoam collar with dry ice is the way to go. My aunt sends us frozen tommalies, from Texas to the east coast, and they're still frozen when they get here.

Posted: Jun 11, 2015 at 5:45 Quote
ryan198232 wrote:
It has the perfect amount of yellow...i wouldn't add any to the wheels. Curious about the transparent over your wheels? I have a set of spank subrosa30 on hopes that i would love to knock the white down a little

Search for "transparent adhesive vinyl", "headlight tint" or "headlight tinting" on eBay (without quote marks). I got the yellow from eBay.com (seller name paperstreetplastics) and the grey from eBay.co.uk (seller name vtcust0ms).

The cranks are the yellow vinyl - it coloured the black parts a little too so I cut around the letters with a scalpel blade then put a clear crank skin over the top. For the wheels I cut curved shapes from the vinyl sheet first then applied them with slightly soapy water then squeegeed it out. Worked out pretty nicely!

Spending this much time and effort building up a nice bike it's nice to do these finishing touches.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022086
Mobile Version of Website