Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Jun 11, 2015 at 6:14 Quote
Lornholio wrote:
ryan198232 wrote:
It has the perfect amount of yellow...i wouldn't add any to the wheels. Curious about the transparent over your wheels? I have a set of spank subrosa30 on hopes that i would love to knock the white down a little

Search for "transparent adhesive vinyl", "headlight tint" or "headlight tinting" on eBay (without quote marks). I got the yellow from eBay.com (seller name paperstreetplastics) and the grey from eBay.co.uk (seller name vtcust0ms).

The cranks are the yellow vinyl - it coloured the black parts a little too so I cut around the letters with a scalpel blade then put a clear crank skin over the top. For the wheels I cut curved shapes from the vinyl sheet first then applied them with slightly soapy water then squeegeed it out. Worked out pretty nicely!

Spending this much time and effort building up a nice bike it's nice to do these finishing touches.

That's a lot of love put into that machine. Nice work. I agree that it is a perfect amount of yellow...very tasteful.

Posted: Jun 11, 2015 at 6:25 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Haven't had to do one yet

Isn't that the first thing to do with new RS forks? lol

Posted: Jun 11, 2015 at 6:27 Quote
Back in the day maybe.

Posted: Jun 11, 2015 at 8:53 Quote
All I am missing to do the service is a new crush washer and the 30wt oil for the lowers now... easy enough procedure, it just takes some patients to complete it. WTH, sausages are in the freezer getting ready for a trip to the Dakotas... I think tomorrow they could be on there way, not a ton but the Italian sausages are pretty freaking great. I am starting on developing a variation on Italian Sausage and trying a few new things so feedback would be excellent. If you like them, I will take that recipe to my new company and see what they think. They are spicier than I normally create so... Settling on trying to see if Five Tens fit, going with the free riders. Sent Five Ten an email saying to get their shit together and make a 15... yeesh.

Posted: Jun 11, 2015 at 8:58 Quote
Yo, got a new phone that is capable of taking high quality pics so gonna post my updated 2013 spicy. New parts for this season are as follows: repaired rockshox reverb,shimano XT brakes, changed from 3x10 to 1x9 and got a blackspire 32t front ring, shimano zee rear mech, new chain and a few other wee bits and pieces.

Posted: Jun 11, 2015 at 9:00 Quote
Angryham wrote:
changed from 3x10 to 1x9...

Move your Reverb lever to the left side now that you've got space over there.

Posted: Jun 11, 2015 at 9:14 Quote
Well, it still has messy cables Big Grin

Posted: Jun 11, 2015 at 9:17 Quote
I'm get ing the chemical mete ht

Posted: Jun 11, 2015 at 9:18 Quote
Angryham wrote:
Yo, got a new phone that is capable of taking high quality pics so gonna post my updated 2013 spicy. New parts for this season are as follows: repaired rockshox reverb,shimano XT brakes, changed from 3x10 to 1x9 and got a blackspire 32t front ring, shimano zee rear mech, new chain and a few other wee bits and pieces.

Nice looking ride and some solid upgrades. Why did you go from 10 to 9 in the back?

Posted: Jun 11, 2015 at 9:20 Quote
Still looking for the "high quality pics"......

Just kidding...

Posted: Jun 11, 2015 at 9:20 Quote
wrote:
Quote="dragan-the-dragon"]Well, it still has messy cables Big Grin

Errrm, don't know what to say...lol

I've ran out of excuses....Big Grin

Posted: Jun 11, 2015 at 9:22 Quote
Ok here she is:

Posted: Jun 11, 2015 at 9:23 Quote
fredro wrote:
Still looking for the "high quality pics"......

Just kidding...

I should have said, relative to my old phone Rolleyes Wink

@zachdlux, just wanted to try something different really, was after a new cassette anyway and just wanted to try it out, love it so far

Posted: Jun 11, 2015 at 9:24 Quote
wrote:
silverfish1974 wrote:
Quote="dragan-the-dragon"]Well, it still has messy cables Big Grin

Errrm, don't know what to say...lol

I've ran out of excuses....Big Grin

quick how old are you?. stilll growing will eventually need larger frame and longer cables at that point....go.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.027820
Mobile Version of Website