Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2015 at 8:21 Quote
unrooted wrote:
I was going to get a transition or the prime, went prime because I found it cheaper. It pedals up hill really well, surprisingly similar to a VPP bike. . .

How do you like having the DHF in the rear over the DHR? I have a DHR currently but often wonder if the DHF in rear might be a better feel.

O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2015 at 8:28 Quote
I like the dhf, but I was thinking about putting an ardent 2.4 on the rear, but these tires are noticeably heavy, but they bite really well on loose corners at mammoth.

O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2015 at 8:38 Quote
unrooted wrote:
I like the dhf, but I was thinking about putting an ardent 2.4 on the rear, but these tires are noticeably heavy, but they bite really well on loose corners at mammoth.

Considering that we are long travel 29er brethren, I figure I am going to ask questions about things... Im playing around with my Pike and after reading the article on NSMB about the Pike/Monarch setup camp they did, I am trying a new setting with the tokens. Added two to the party, so I now have three and have the compression set at 4 clicks and rebound at 6. At 260lbs I am able to have my pressure at 80-85psi which is nuts cause I came down from 95-100 depending. Its a brief but interesting read, now if only I had a monarch plus of Vivid air....

O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2015 at 8:44 Quote
I've been thinking about adding a token to my fork, despite it never feeling like its bottoming out. I'm 195, so I think I'm a touch heavier than the average mtb biker.

O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2015 at 8:46 Quote
unrooted wrote:
I've been thinking about adding a token to my fork, despite it never feeling like its bottoming out. I'm 195, so I think I'm a touch heavier than the average mtb biker.
The extra token made a big difference. Two was drastic, and 4 was unnecessary. But each had their merit, I found that 3 is my ideal setup for the riding I do around here. Having that lighter bit of give at the beginning helped out. Here is the article:

http://nsmb.com/rock-shox-tuning-camp/

Posted: Jun 12, 2015 at 9:02 Quote
Hey Guys and Girls
My El Guapo is running at a weight of 33.2lb my aim is to be sub 30lb by the end of summer! There is a lot of hate for the El Guapo looks but I love the thing!
Spec:
El guapo frame with monarch rt3 rear shock
Rockshox rc2l 170mm lyrics
Mavic 325 rims on Specialized Stout hubs
Full XT drive terrain with 1*10 setup
Superstar narrow wide chairing
XT brakes on 203mm rotors
Continental Baron tyres with tubes
El Guapo corto stem
Crank brothers handle bar
Crank brothers seat post
Shimano trail pedals
El Quapo

Posted: Jun 12, 2015 at 9:04 Quote
You could definitely drop some weight on the wheels. And probably seatpost too since it looks like you need a set-back post anyway.

Posted: Jun 12, 2015 at 9:08 Quote
mcmbike wrote:
You could definitely drop some weight on the wheels. And probably seatpost too since it looks like you need a set-back post anyway.
Yeah a new wheelset and going tubeless and dropping down to 160mm with some Rockshox Pikes was my initial ideas!

O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2015 at 9:09 Quote
33 lbs with a regular seat post?!?

Get some stan flow wheels, go tubeless. Maybe some lighter tires? Carbon bar.

Is that a tube wrapped around your chainstay?!?

Posted: Jun 12, 2015 at 9:09 Quote
Don't focus on the number so much. Invest in lightweight, wide, strong wheels and I would say 180f/160r rotors. Go with a lighter good tire and be done. Rotational weight should be the focus. Nice bike!

Posted: Jun 12, 2015 at 9:13 Quote
SoCalMX wrote:
Don't focus on the number so much. Invest in lightweight, wide, strong wheels and I would say 180f/160r rotors. Go with a lighter good tire and be done. Rotational weight should be the focus. Nice bike!
The only reasons for the 203mm rotors as they were given to me by a friend when i was building it and as a student was the cheapest option! The Barons arent light at nearly 1KG

Posted: Jun 12, 2015 at 9:15 Quote
unrooted wrote:
33 lbs with a regular seat post?!?

Get some stan flow wheels, go tubeless. Maybe some lighter tires? Carbon bar.

Is that a tube wrapped around your chainstay?!?
Yeah was a temporary protection now have another chainstay protector to fit! Cheers for the advice Big Grin

Posted: Jun 12, 2015 at 9:19 Quote
SoCalMX wrote:

This, while my Banshee was no light weight, it pedalled much better than 31 lbs would suggest.

Posted: Jun 12, 2015 at 9:23 Quote
tangaroo wrote:
SoCalMX wrote:

This, while my Banshee was no light weight, it pedalled much better than 31 lbs would suggest.
What did your Banshee weigh in at?

Posted: Jun 12, 2015 at 9:25 Quote
SoCalMX wrote:

What he said^^

I got mine down to 29.5 pounds. Swapped out my old wheelset for a WTB Vigilante + WTB KOM + Spank hubs + Pillar Spoke custom wheel build.

photo
photo

Maybe you could do the same. tup

I miss this bike. Confused Too bad I had to sell it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.031153
Mobile Version of Website