Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Jun 4, 2017 at 10:55 Quote
arnie86 wrote:
You could also add a narrow wide ring and a sunrace mx3 wide range cassette for not much money. Dropper would be number 1 on my list, followed by the NW and contact points. I would just run the wheelset until you destroy them and upgrade then with something nicer and lighter.
Yeah gonna the run the wheels into the ground. Dropper is deffo my priority.

Posted: Jun 4, 2017 at 14:19 Quote
Yeah I sell spesh at the shop I work at and those hoops are not bad, I have them on my ht. Hubs aren't very great, but not a bad set in reality, however would be second thing I would change after dropper

Posted: Jun 4, 2017 at 18:11 Quote
Guys, what's your general opinion on Banshee bikes? And thoughts about the new Rune as a capable park and enduro bike?

O+
Posted: Jun 4, 2017 at 20:44 Quote
szot123 wrote:
Guys, what's your general opinion on Banshee bikes? And thoughts about the new Rune as a capable park and enduro bike?

Seen quite a few runes setup as park bikes that cracked. I'd go with a darkside over the rune for park riding.

O+
Posted: Jun 5, 2017 at 1:28 Quote
It's pretty short and tall as well

Posted: Jun 5, 2017 at 3:23 Quote
Anyone riding an orange crush? How do you find it for sizing?

Posted: Jun 5, 2017 at 4:31 Quote
szot123 wrote:

I had a Phantom for a bit and loved it, if I was in the market for a new bike a Spitfire would be on top of the list. Have a buddy that has had a Spitfire v2 since it came out with no issues.

Posted: Jun 5, 2017 at 6:10 Quote
They ride great until they crack!
photo

Posted: Jun 5, 2017 at 7:23 Quote
If that was your frame, how did warranty go?

I've read good things as long as you are the original owner.

It's nice that they have gotten away from the Inlines as well.

Posted: Jun 5, 2017 at 7:41 Quote
browntown40 wrote:
If that was your frame, how did warranty go?

I've read good things as long as you are the original owner.

It's nice that they have gotten away from the Inlines as well.

They didn't have frames in stock to replace it, so I waited for about a month, then they still didn't have any spitfires so they sent me a Rune. Promptly sold it.

I probably won't ever touch a banshee again, but that said, they ride great - just heavy and fragile.

Posted: Jun 5, 2017 at 8:20 Quote
I've had four Spitfires (V1, 2013 V2, 2016 V2, and now a 2017 V3) without any issue. It's fairly obviously my favorite trail bike out there. The Rune is a great all-mountain bike and can definitely serve as a capable and fun park bike, but it's just a bit more bike than I want to be pedaling around most of the time and not quite as playful as the Spitfire. I would probably be on a Rune for both trail rides and park days if I didn't also currently own a Darkside to handle park duties.

O+
Posted: Jun 5, 2017 at 8:23 Quote
Darksides are super fun park bikes. If you put a dropper on them they can climb too.

O+
Posted: Jun 5, 2017 at 8:58 Quote
Cracks one banshee, must be fragile Facepalm

ArchieDH wrote:

I'm 5' 7" and find a large average, works for me fine!

Posted: Jun 5, 2017 at 9:34 Quote
Scotj009 wrote:

ArchieDH wrote:

Im 5'9" and had a go on a medium earlier, fit ok, maybe slightly cramped, hoping to get a sit on a large. However a medium with a 60mm stem could potentially be ok

Posted: Jun 5, 2017 at 9:37 Quote
ArchieDH wrote:
Scotj009 wrote:

ArchieDH wrote:

Im 5'9" and had a go on a medium earlier, fit ok, maybe slightly cramped, hoping to get a sit on a large. However a medium with a 60mm stem could potentially be ok
XL and pacenti pdent ??

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.034990
Mobile Version of Website