Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 16:03 Quote
THE-GUNT wrote:
Niko182 wrote:
Evil insurgent or knolly warden carbon?
Want something fast, really playful, poppy, and reliable.
Knolly Warden Carbon with the shock set in the neutral position.
is the yellow on your knolly decals or actually painted on the frame? i know the bike comes with the yellow, but just curious if it can be removed?

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 17:12 Quote
Niko182 wrote:
THE-GUNT wrote:
Niko182 wrote:
Knolly Warden Carbon with the shock set in the neutral position.
is the yellow on your knolly decals or actually painted on the frame? i know the bike comes with the yellow, but just curious if it can be removed?
I have the black on black Warden. These are decal kit from stikrd.com. The color is actually more of a green. You can go to the website and design your on decals or you can contact them and they will help you come up with something even more custom. @stikrd

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 17:50 Quote
Niko182 wrote:

Don't think you can go wrong with either one, really. But whichever one you do go for, keep in mind the reach/top tube on both are longer than most other manufacturers current model bikes (although recently some are catching up with the long and low trend). Just for comparison, a large warden carbon is about an inch longer than a large capra in reach and top tube.

Both bikes are adjustable as far as geo goes. The insurgent in the 'low' position is a pretty low BB height. Pedals really well and the delta link design tracks superbly. The 'xlow' geo setting would probably be best for park days or overall gravity sledding. On the Warden, I find both neutral and slack setting friendly to pedal in, but the neutral position is easier to push around trails, and like THE-GUNT said, seems to be more poppy and playful.

Again, both bikes are great and you won't be disappointed. They both pedal exceptionally well and descend like a bat outta hell.

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 18:32 Quote
Jibbaman28 wrote:
Niko182 wrote:

Don't think you can go wrong with either one, really. But whichever one you do go for, keep in mind the reach/top tube on both are longer than most other manufacturers current model bikes (although recently some are catching up with the long and low trend). Just for comparison, a large warden carbon is about an inch longer than a large capra in reach and top tube.

Both bikes are adjustable as far as geo goes. The insurgent in the 'low' position is a pretty low BB height. Pedals really well and the delta link design tracks superbly. The 'xlow' geo setting would probably be best for park days or overall gravity sledding. On the Warden, I find both neutral and slack setting friendly to pedal in, but the neutral position is easier to push around trails, and like THE-GUNT said, seems to be more poppy and playful.

Again, both bikes are great and you won't be disappointed. They both pedal exceptionally well and descend like a bat outta hell.
Okay. Just looking at opinions. Im coming off a transition patrol carbon

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 20:56 Quote
Niko182 wrote:
Jibbaman28 wrote:
Niko182 wrote:

Okay. Just looking at opinions. Im coming off a transition patrol carbon

Have you thought of building up a baller carbon scout? Upforked/Coil etc. Ive been on a patrol for a while now, (Now onto carbon patrol) and after demoing a lot of the new bikes out, its still hard to beat! Stoked to see what bike you go with. Insurgent looks sweet

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 21:19 Quote
Yeah, what's the reason for ditching the Patrol C? Both of your alternatives seem like a lateral move performance-wise and a considerable investment...

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 21:49 Quote
Probably a dentist.

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 21:51 Quote
maxlombardy wrote:
Yeah, what's the reason for ditching the Patrol C? Both of your alternatives seem like a lateral move performance-wise and a considerable investment...
I love building bikes. And i got the money i needed to build a new ballar bike. Because at least imo, my old patrol was pretty ballar, and i just like to try out different bike. Best part of it all is ill probably make some money because im usually able to sell my bikes for more than i buy them. So thats why i give myself the ability to build a new bike ever half year to year.

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 21:54 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
Probably a dentist.
Im not. Im 18. I live with my parents which makes life a lot easier. Instead of buying a car, i bought bikes. I can still commute, and it may take a bit longer, but im fine with that.

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 22:19 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
Probably a dentist's son.

FYP

Sorry, could not resist Joker

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 22:21 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:
Probably a dentist's son.

FYP

Sorry, could not resist Joker
Smh

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 1:57 Quote
My commencal Meta V3 with new wheels :

Commencal Meta AM V3 2015

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 2:58 Quote
New pleasure machine, Really a playfull bike.

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 3:05 Quote
I tried one of them last year at Eurobike, seemed like a fun bike.
How is the gearbox so far?
Didn't hear too many good things about the Effigear.

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 3:21 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
I tried one of them last year at Eurobike, seemed like a fun bike.
How is the gearbox so far?
Didn't hear too many good things about the Effigear.

My effigear box is still in "lapping" for some outings. But already, in terms of use, it's very "smooth" and natural.
We forget it very quickly, I find it even much more natural than a conventional transmission.

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.039464
Mobile Version of Website