Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 5:29 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
I'm curious if anyone has mix and matched 11 speed. Apparently shimano cassetts fit standard freehub body, where sram has xd or whatever... Anyone running shimano cassette with sram shifter derail combo? Its what I have always done for ten speed but I honestly thought all 11 speed had new freehub body ....

I'm running xo1 shifter and derailleur with an xt 11-46 cassette and gx shifter and derailleur with sunrace 11-46 cassette. No issues on either bike, shifts smooth with no hiccups.

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 5:41 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
I'm curious if anyone has mix and matched 11 speed. Apparently shimano cassetts fit standard freehub body, where sram has xd or whatever... Anyone running shimano cassette with sram shifter derail combo? Its what I have always done for ten speed but I honestly thought all 11 speed had new freehub body ....
I run a XO1 cassette with Shimano shifter/der. Works beautifully, I can't imagine it wouldn't work the other way round just as well.

But I'm sold on the XD driver, and I think the all steel SRAM cassettes are the shit.

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 7:10 Quote
thanks fellows... I am not a finicky shifter performance guy, and truth be told I just replaced a massively chowdered cassette that literally would not work with a new chain so if mixing works at all,,, I'll be stoked lol

Chef I did just get the sun race 11-42 ten speed and it seems to work very well so I'd be tempted to try that as well... it fits the standard hub eh? nice. maybe in 5 more years I will make the move to 11 speeds ...snicker snicker....

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 7:25 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
thanks fellows... I am not a finicky shifter performance guy, and truth be told I just replaced a massively chowdered cassette that literally would not work with a new chain so if mixing works at all,,, I'll be stoked lol

Chef I did just get the sun race 11-42 ten speed and it seems to work very well so I'd be tempted to try that as well... it fits the standard hub eh? nice. maybe in 5 more years I will make the move to 11 speeds ...snicker snicker....

I got a the GX 11spd off of eBay for $160 shipped from china - shifter, derailleur, 11-46 cassette, chain, and cable... worked a treat

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 7:31 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

I got a the GX 11spd off of eBay for $160 shipped from china - shifter, derailleur, 11-46 cassette, chain, and cable... worked a treat

good grief. 160$? you sir can smell the deals.

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 7:55 Quote
Just to be different I'm running GX Shifter/Derailleur with a Box 11-46 Cassette. Works better than a GX cassette does, no doubt.

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 8:00 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
bkchef2000 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

good grief. 160$? you sir can smell the deals.

Correction it is the NX drivetrain:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-2017-SRAM-NX-1x11-speed-Groupset-Group-set-/302266207291?var=&hash=item4660784c3b:m:m_fF3E8EwrJ1sTeiIKaZiDA

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 10:54 Quote
Never had a problem with shimano. On the other hand, SRAM brakes, shifters, cassetes, cranks are all less durable and more finicky in my experience than shimano albeit being lighter. Never again.

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 14:27 Quote
I have a question for you guys. Looking at getting a new ride. I'm pretty much set in the YT Capra AL because it's procepoint of $2600 is in my budget. Any other bikes you'd suggest under $2800? Thanks

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 16:33 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:

I have an XT 11spd cassette on mine with GX running gear and honestly can't tell the difference between the two cassettes. I ran the GX cassette for a few months on another wheelset and went to change wheels but didn't want to spring for a freehub so I grabbed a used XT 11spd cassette and it works perfectly. Highly recommend it over changing freehub bodies back and forth.

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 19:56 Quote
Onerecovery wrote:
I have a question for you guys. Looking at getting a new ride. I'm pretty much set in the YT Capra AL because it's procepoint of $2600 is in my budget. Any other bikes you'd suggest under $2800? Thanks

commencal v4.2 or some kind of European bike if you can manage to get it over here.

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 20:55 Quote
ibishreddin wrote:
Onerecovery wrote:

commencal v4.2 or some kind of European bike if you can manage to get it over here.
Was about to say maybe the furious.

Posted: Sep 15, 2017 at 8:02 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Almost done.

That rev just doesn't fit man. Too noodly!

Looks like fun though.

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.032732
Mobile Version of Website