Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Dec 24, 2017 at 2:56 Quote
New Atlas cranks, Hope BB, Sunrace MX3 cassette, KMC chain, XT rear mech and Hope tech 3 V4 brakes with braided hoses (which were a bi**h to set up!) now in Devon for xmas and brought the bike with me for a roll around the coast and a blast in Dartmoor.

Posted: Dec 24, 2017 at 4:24 Quote
Thorjensen wrote:

looks good, love my Bird

Posted: Dec 24, 2017 at 4:53 Quote
sosburn wrote:
maxlombardy wrote:
SileTzar wrote:
I don't think there will ever be a nicer crankset than that generation XTR
I picked up a Next SL G4 for my Scout but I can’t bring myself to take off my M980s.

i can't bring myself to get carbon cranks, i know they're supposed to be great but i hit rocks all the time and i'd be so scared to watch 400 bucks snap right in front of me

Got an old set of X0 DH cranks on my Nukeproof, and they have struck ALL the rocks in the area, they are still holding up after 5 years of horrible abuse.
They look awful now though, and I'm not sure how much longer I will trust them, so much carbon chipped off of them Confused

Posted: Dec 24, 2017 at 5:27 Quote
Ruffryder01 wrote:
New Atlas cranks, Hope BB, Sunrace MX3 cassette, KMC chain, XT rear mech and Hope tech 3 V4 brakes with braided hoses (which were a bi**h to set up!) now in Devon for xmas and brought the bike with me for a roll around the coast and a blast in Dartmoor.

How badass is that backdrop! Sure beats the hell out of my desert scenery.

Posted: Dec 24, 2017 at 5:38 Quote
maxlombardy wrote:
Meh, I’ve beat the shit out of loads of carbon cranks, they’re fine. I mostly just am too lazy/broke to get the outboard threaded 30mm BB and install it. It’s just sitting on my desk atm as I decide if I should throw it on my current bike or build a new one lol

Did the same when I bought Next SL old gen. Finally bought the BB on Amazon of all places. Do it man, It’s a stupid nice crank. Although I’m a heel rubber so I put crankskins and booties on mine so they prolly weigh what an alu crank weighs now anyway.

Posted: Dec 24, 2017 at 6:02 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
abennett219 wrote:
reximus42 wrote:

What mudguards are you using? As ugly as that rear one may be it will keep all the muck off my dropper post and back!

Looks like a Crudguard, original and best! British, of course, so designed to keep the shit off. Some British frames actually still have mounts for the front one on the downtube

Oh yh which frames are those outta interest like?
I have a 2017 Whyte G160 and it has the crud catcher mounts on the down tube....doesn’t look good but works a f##king dream!!!

Posted: Dec 24, 2017 at 11:38 Quote
Been digging this, to say the least!

Miligrosa run

Posted: Dec 24, 2017 at 14:18 Quote
Finally finished my Balance build.

Posted: Dec 24, 2017 at 14:25 Quote
ndirienzo wrote:

Miligrosa run

So sick, dude!

Posted: Dec 24, 2017 at 14:47 Quote
lazarescu wrote:

Man that’s a good looking bike. I love Canfields. How do you like it so far. Seriously considering it for my next frame.

Posted: Dec 24, 2017 at 15:07 Quote
Rbendt wrote:
lazarescu wrote:

Man that’s a good looking bike. I love Canfields. How do you like it so far. Seriously considering it for my next frame.
Some insane deals going on right now on their webstore

Posted: Dec 24, 2017 at 15:08 Quote
Rbendt wrote:

I literally just finished it this afternoon and have only ridden it up and down the alley behind my place. Feels good so far though. Still gotta set up the suspension properly, but it feels like it's gonna be pretty fun!

Posted: Dec 24, 2017 at 15:27 Quote
lazarescu wrote:

How's that fork? was gonna drop the new roughcut damper in mine, but I ran out of money. Cry

Posted: Dec 24, 2017 at 15:51 Quote
ndirienzo wrote:

Miligrosa run

aw man you won that? its so sick

Posted: Dec 24, 2017 at 15:52 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:

How's that fork? was gonna drop the new roughcut damper in mine, but I ran out of money. Cry

Haven't had a chance to tune or ride it properly yet, but it feels crazy plush. It was never really going to be my fork of choice, but I got an R take-off for a very good price. It ended up being way cheaper to buy the take-off and upgrade to the HLR roughcut than to buy any other fork brand new. It also worked out well as the take-offs are OEM 170mm which I believe is not a travel option you can buy from X-Fusion, and was the travel I was looking for in a fork anyway.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022714
Mobile Version of Website