Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Mar 7, 2018 at 10:03 Quote
xviggenx wrote:
@whatthewheel: Dangolyup!
He just recently expanded his "operation": moved to a bigger workshop than the shed in his backyard where he started building frames, got a Murmur Factory frame (built in Taiwan) going and re-launched his website today! I'm so stoked for my Swoop that he's building me for this June!

I'm kind of disappointed that the Murmur Factory isn't cheaper? Doesn't seem like a huge difference compared to the Murmur Custom...

Obviously it's still early days for him and he's not shifting the numbers to justify selling it cheaper yet but if it was another £150/200 cheaper they'd be selling like hot biscuits!

Posted: Mar 7, 2018 at 10:26 Quote
@Nahguavkire
The factory price includes a Rs debonair for £1850, whereas the uk built is £2040 frame only, he also does very good rates for his build options!

Posted: Mar 7, 2018 at 16:26 Quote
2018 Devinci Spartan Carbon

A couple of small changes still to come, particularly an X2, but I'm looking forward to breaking this thing in.

Posted: Mar 7, 2018 at 22:23 Quote
- New RaceFace love handle grips. - New Blackburn Barrier front fender.

My AM hardtail cause I'm broke as hell lol would have a Evil calling if I could.

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 at 1:53 Quote
Nahguavkire wrote:
I'm kind of disappointed that the Murmur Factory isn't cheaper? Doesn't seem like a huge difference compared to the Murmur Custom...

Obviously it's still early days for him and he's not shifting the numbers to justify selling it cheaper yet but if it was another £150/200 cheaper they'd be selling like hot biscuits!

It's still handbuilt, by frame builders with more time under their belt than him, but in Taiwan. It's still mostly built from Reynolds 853 which isn't your average gas pipe 4130 cromo steel and not that cheap for that matter. And as mentioned you get a rear shock included in the price for the Factory frame which differs from the UK custom ones which are frame only.

The reason for the "not so huge" price difference is that it's still probably small batches being built and Starling isn't a huge operation and I'm guessing he doesn't have a massive amount of cash just laying around to get an overseas production started up with a snap of his fingers.

Just to be clear, I'm in no way sponsored/affiliated or on a pay roll from Starling/Joe. I'm just stoked that he's doing great and that his new career seems to be growing and gaining more traction. I think he's doing a great job for a one man operation which started out in his shed in the back yard!

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 at 6:50 Quote
heinous wrote:
2018 Devinci Spartan Carbon

A couple of small changes still to come, particularly an X2, but I'm looking forward to breaking this thing in.

That thing looks killer!! Sick shred sled ????????????☠️

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 at 6:59 Quote
Yh but what is it?
I cant make it out

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 at 7:01 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Yh but what is it?
I cant make it out
Devinci Spartan I think

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 at 7:18 Quote
Cheers. I was racking my brains thinking it looked like a new genius.

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 at 7:50 Quote
Adeptsckness wrote:

My AM hardtail cause I'm broke as hell lol would have a Evil calling if I could.
Ya man. That thing will do to keep the dream alive. Shred what you can.

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 at 9:38 Quote
Adeptsckness wrote:

Hell yeah man, we ALL started somewhere! I started with a Raleigh Talus-4. It took a beating but so worth it!

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 at 12:34 Quote
Adeptsckness wrote:

I think everyone should put in time on a hardtail. I used to bomb the Wasatch Crest, and Moab on a $600 GT Backwoods hardtail with 70mm of vomit inducing elastomer fork suspension (RockShox Jett XC). I loved that bike and I still have it in the garage 19 years later.

Ride that thing till it breaks man!

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 at 14:00 Quote
hardtails are great. let you know when you screw up.

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 at 14:48 Quote
RyanWensley wrote:
titaniumtit wrote:
Yh but what is it?
I cant make it out
Devinci Spartan I think

Yep, the black on black is pretty subtle in pics, but has a lot of detail when you see it. Rest of spec is Spank, KS, Praxis lyft cranks and alloy rims, i9 hubs with 3° upgrade and XTR with a sun race 11-50 cassette. Also the new XT 4 pots, it’ll be interesting to see if they feel like a rebadged Zee / Saint or not.

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 at 15:45 Quote
kyle83 wrote:
hardtails are great. let you know when you screw up.
+1 A Hardtail will force you to chose lines and know how to unweight the bike over roots ect. People that start on full sus bikes generally just plow.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.039681
Mobile Version of Website