Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Sep 21, 2018 at 17:13 Quote
NotNamed wrote:
chunter wrote:
My lil’ piggy, 36.5 lbs. of fun

photo

Do you guys with a 11-6 ride with the DH Mode or uphill/ trailmode more often?
Even with nearly the trail mode fully closed its more supple then all other shocks.

I have both circuits set in my preferred DH mode, second circuit is for little tweaks without having to mess with my base setting

O+
Posted: Sep 21, 2018 at 18:27 Quote
After you stripped the paint did you polish or but it at all?

Posted: Sep 21, 2018 at 18:27 Quote
hendu wrote:
Got on all my new parts. Deity Skyline 787 bars my wife got me for my birthday Deity Copperhead 50mm stem Deity Knuckleduster grips and a Marsh guard.
Better?

How do you find the ST? I am looking at this same bike, mates ask me why I am looking at the lowest spec bike. Simple reason, because I dont see the point in paying more dollaridoos to swap parts out for what I am comfortable running, such as different brand forks (either Manitou or back to Marzocchi), Atomlab parts (good mate is the distro here for them) and a few other parts that are not OEM.

Posted: Sep 21, 2018 at 18:34 Quote
dirtnapped wrote:

Hit it with steel wool to clean up the left over residue from the paint. Probably spent a total of 30 minutes with that and it produced this finish. Kinda wanna polish the rear end and have it slowly transition to the black front end. We’ll see. I love this goddamn bike so much, I don’t mind putting in the time

Posted: Sep 21, 2018 at 18:36 Quote
Done
Finally done with my build.

O+
Posted: Sep 21, 2018 at 18:52 Quote
chunter wrote:
dirtnapped wrote:

Hit it with steel wool to clean up the left over residue from the paint. Probably spent a total of 30 minutes with that and it produced this finish. Kinda wanna polish the rear end and have it slowly transition to the black front end. We’ll see. I love this goddamn bike so much, I don’t mind putting in the time

Nice! Might do that with my Patrol when I want a change from the wrap. I'll have to check if it interferes with the warranty. You look at the paint wrong and paint falls off anyway...

O+
Posted: Sep 21, 2018 at 19:21 Quote
metaam wrote:
That Zerode looks sweet, but isn't it about time we had a discussion about brakes? lol

Posted: Sep 21, 2018 at 23:18 Quote
StUone7 wrote:
Got rise?

Lol....Eek

Posted: Sep 22, 2018 at 0:38 Quote
chunter wrote:
My lil’ piggy, 36.5 lbs. of fun

photo

Man, that's gorgeous!

Posted: Sep 22, 2018 at 1:21 Quote
Great work! I would love one of these. Seems the perfect trail bike. How do you find the MRP's?

mfmediocremtb wrote:
Done
Finally done with my build.

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2018 at 9:54 Quote
hendu wrote:
Not saying grip isnt great just sayin I cant afford to spend 400 on tires a season lol. I got too much other shit going on. I dont race and I ride I'd say once a week with varying terrain not many rocks.

You don't have to. Keep an eye on sales. I used to get hard compound rubber for the same reason. I destroy soft rubber (including maxxis) halfway through a season. I bought 4 kenda hellkats in the RSR rubber at $40 CAD each. Should last me 2 seasons, maybe even 3. This is my first time running an extra soft compound and the grip is absolutely worth the short life. I would never pay full retail for tires (or any bike part)

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2018 at 11:38 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
hendu wrote:
Not saying grip isnt great just sayin I cant afford to spend 400 on tires a season lol. I got too much other shit going on. I dont race and I ride I'd say once a week with varying terrain not many rocks.

You don't have to. Keep an eye on sales. I used to get hard compound rubber for the same reason. I destroy soft rubber (including maxxis) halfway through a season. I bought 4 kenda hellkats in the RSR rubber at $40 CAD each. Should last me 2 seasons, maybe even 3. This is my first time running an extra soft compound and the grip is absolutely worth the short life. I would never pay full retail for tires (or any bike part)

Where from? What casing?

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2018 at 14:23 Quote
StUone7 wrote:
Got rise?

I do, and it’s awesome! U should try it, it might help with your crashing. Beer

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.044899
Mobile Version of Website