Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Author Message
Posted: Oct 10, 2018 at 15:15 Quote
+1 on the ACS-3 conversion, completely transformed my 2015 Fox 36 RC2 160mm fork.

Posted: Oct 10, 2018 at 16:12 Quote
sosburn wrote:
Rbendt wrote:
sosburn wrote:


so would you rank it
1. 36 with ACS
2. Diamond
3. 36
?

Yes sir. That’s the way I’d rank them personally.

i have a 36 with a fit4 damper which kinda blows haha. thinking of replacing with either a Grip2 or ACS3. pros/cons? they are pretty much the same price

Grip2 is the f*cking tits

Posted: Oct 10, 2018 at 17:58 Quote
Scored a barely used 170mm OneUp dropper off the BuySell to replace the sad little leaking Specialized Command Post that came on the Endorphin and it's treating me well.
The fall dirt around Missoula is amazing but it's definitely getting a lil chilly and most of the higher rides are snowed in already, just as I was getting adapted to the new whip. Still trying to decide if I wanna set the 350 NCR at 150mm or leave it at 140mm...

Posted: Oct 10, 2018 at 19:29 Quote
chunter wrote:
sosburn wrote:
Rbendt wrote:


Yes sir. That’s the way I’d rank them personally.

i have a 36 with a fit4 damper which kinda blows haha. thinking of replacing with either a Grip2 or ACS3. pros/cons? they are pretty much the same price

Grip2 is the f*cking tits

The air spring is fine if you ask me. Damper is where the magic happens. Get a better damper dude. fit4 is for xc dudes that want a fork lockout to make themselves feel faster on strava climbs ha.
Have grip2 on all our demo bikes for the next year, they've been kicking ass thus far. Recommended highly

Posted: Oct 10, 2018 at 19:49 Quote
/Users/fretless/Desktop/IMG-0236.JPG

Just built... Does it qualify as 'all mountain'?

Posted: Oct 10, 2018 at 20:04 Quote
nubbs wrote:
chunter wrote:
sosburn wrote:


i have a 36 with a fit4 damper which kinda blows haha. thinking of replacing with either a Grip2 or ACS3. pros/cons? they are pretty much the same price

Grip2 is the f*cking tits

The air spring is fine if you ask me. Damper is where the magic happens. Get a better damper dude. fit4 is for xc dudes that want a fork lockout to make themselves feel faster on strava climbs ha.
Have grip2 on all our demo bikes for the next year, they've been kicking ass thus far. Recommended highly


I feel like the latest fit damper is quite good. At least as good as the RC2 in my opinion. Plus paired with the ACS-3 is even better.

Posted: Oct 10, 2018 at 20:21 Quote
nubbs wrote:
chunter wrote:
sosburn wrote:


i have a 36 with a fit4 damper which kinda blows haha. thinking of replacing with either a Grip2 or ACS3. pros/cons? they are pretty much the same price

Grip2 is the f*cking tits

The air spring is fine if you ask me. Damper is where the magic happens. Get a better damper dude. fit4 is for xc dudes that want a fork lockout to make themselves feel faster on strava climbs ha.
Have grip2 on all our demo bikes for the next year, they've been kicking ass thus far. Recommended highly

that would make sense, i leave my fit4 completely open all the time after figuring out that it sucked in just about every other configuration. i do play with the rebound depending on the trail setting but damper seems kinda useless right now.
when i demoed a shorter travel bike with a grip fork, it felt really nice, so could be a good move.

Posted: Oct 10, 2018 at 20:24 Quote
sosburn wrote:
nubbs wrote:
chunter wrote:


Grip2 is the f*cking tits

The air spring is fine if you ask me. Damper is where the magic happens. Get a better damper dude. fit4 is for xc dudes that want a fork lockout to make themselves feel faster on strava climbs ha.
Have grip2 on all our demo bikes for the next year, they've been kicking ass thus far. Recommended highly

that would make sense, i leave my fit4 completely open all the time after figuring out that it sucked in just about every other configuration. i do play with the rebound depending on the trail setting but damper seems kinda useless right now.
when i demoed a shorter travel bike with a grip fork, it felt really nice, so could be a good move.

And grip2 is cheaper than ACS3, I paid $305 for mine

Posted: Oct 10, 2018 at 20:59 Quote
chunter wrote:
sosburn wrote:
nubbs wrote:


The air spring is fine if you ask me. Damper is where the magic happens. Get a better damper dude. fit4 is for xc dudes that want a fork lockout to make themselves feel faster on strava climbs ha.
Have grip2 on all our demo bikes for the next year, they've been kicking ass thus far. Recommended highly

that would make sense, i leave my fit4 completely open all the time after figuring out that it sucked in just about every other configuration. i do play with the rebound depending on the trail setting but damper seems kinda useless right now.
when i demoed a shorter travel bike with a grip fork, it felt really nice, so could be a good move.

And grip2 is cheaper than ACS3, I paid $305 for mine

Yup, Have 1200+ miles on basic grip damper and its never been lacking for me. Bike park and long 5k climb rides, shes a real treat.

Posted: Oct 10, 2018 at 22:57 Quote
sebsta wrote:
Scored a barely used 170mm OneUp dropper off the BuySell to replace the sad little leaking Specialized Command Post that came on the Endorphin and it's treating me well.
The fall dirt around Missoula is amazing but it's definitely getting a lil chilly and most of the higher rides are snowed in already, just as I was getting adapted to the new whip. Still trying to decide if I wanna set the 350 NCR at 150mm or leave it at 140mm...
I was riding my endorphin with a 160mm pike for quite some time before reducing the travel to 150mm. For everything else than just the super slow stuff the 150mm felt perfectly fine. If the axle to crown measurement of the 350 is similar to the pike I would definitely go for the 150mm.

Posted: Oct 10, 2018 at 23:36 Quote
Rbendt wrote:
sosburn wrote:
Rbendt wrote:


Yes sir. That’s the way I’d rank them personally.

i have a 36 with a fit4 damper which kinda blows haha. thinking of replacing with either a Grip2 or ACS3. pros/cons? they are pretty much the same price

ACS-3 all day. Night and day difference. It’s fantastic.

I second the ACS kit. I put the ACS kit in my Lyrik...awesome. I also now have the Fox 36 Grip 2 w/ the ACS kit. Amazing fork. I would say do the ACS kit first. Fit 4 is great if you want to lock out primarily, the upgrade is something that I think is worth it. Fork feels amazing. I feel like the Push ACS kit makes the biggest difference so far. A different option is the buy the Grip 2 damper, and the 2019 air spring. You may also be able to bump up the travel with the push kit if the fork will support it.

Posted: Oct 10, 2018 at 23:42 Quote
wicked54 wrote:
New Prototype build up. Soon to see dirt for the first time. Smile


Isn't that a Whyte T-129?



Posted: Oct 11, 2018 at 4:22 Quote
Looks to have a similar to identical geo.
It is however, a Titus, El Viajero, Trail 27.5.

Posted: Oct 11, 2018 at 8:07 Quote
The lower pivot location appears to be different though

Posted: Oct 11, 2018 at 8:26 Quote
wicked54 wrote:
Looks to have a similar to identical geo.
It is however, a Titus, El Viajero, Trail 27.5.
'

Similar lines, but if you look closely it is different in every way except for tube layout. Dropouts are different, whyte has integrated seatclamp, kink in seattube are in different spots. Headtube junction different, ect.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014990
Mobile Version of Website