Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Feb 26, 2019 at 6:03 Quote
v7fmp wrote:

oh my days!!!

I was looking at the alloy version of the EVO and saw this. I reckon we are not supposed to see it. I am welcome to enlightenment from anyone who knows more!!!!!

Posted: Feb 26, 2019 at 6:38 Quote

The carbon version was on the website also some months ago... I bet its official for sale in some days/weeks?
Nice- but even the alloy version has subpar wheels/ drivetrain and fork for the money..

Posted: Feb 26, 2019 at 13:07 Quote
[P=https://s7d5.scene7.com/is/image/Specialized/93319-11_SJ-FSR-MEN-PRO-CARBON-EVO-29-CARB-MNT_HERO?$hybris-hd$ size=m align=c][/P]
photo
Drool
Edit durn pics didn't work lol oh well

O+
Posted: Feb 26, 2019 at 17:37 Quote
[Quote="ThunderChunk"]
lance-h wrote:
[Quote="

I run the ramp up chamber maxxed out and 6 clicks of compression

O+
Posted: Feb 26, 2019 at 18:44 Quote
[Quote="lance-h"]
ThunderChunk wrote:
lance-h wrote:
[Quote="

Holy shit. You must ride really hard. At 160 psi in the ramp up chamber I can't get it to bottom out. Do you find it rides better in the normal or slack setting?

Posted: Feb 26, 2019 at 19:34 Quote
StevieJB wrote:
My 1st MTB from the late 80’s, Dawes Wildcat. My 83 year old dad rides it now. Hadn’t seen it in awhile and what struck me was the head angle with the big fork sweep effectively makes it really rather slack up front.

photo

photo

The original Onza Porcupine is rather worn now.

photo

Also hadn’t realised how bent the old Ti bars I got off an old Raleigh were.

is that one of those old vibration pucks i see up on the stem? i remember some early attempts at comforting the ride by many bike/component companies...from gel inserts in stems, to suspension seat posts.
green in color and a total placebo affect in its design for the rider!Big Grin

Posted: Feb 26, 2019 at 20:20 Quote
Looks like an old Girvin “suspension” stem.

Not nearly as sketchy as the softride stems lol

O+
Posted: Feb 26, 2019 at 21:06 Quote
maxlombardy wrote:
Looks like an old Girvin “suspension” stem.

Not nearly as sketchy as the softride stems lol

I had a Girvin Flex stem on my 1989 Diamondback Axis. So rad at the time. So sketchy looking back.

Posted: Feb 26, 2019 at 21:45 Quote
Dude the softride stems had like 2.5-3” of travel if I’m remembering right... so scary to think about now, we thought it was bad ass back in the day!

Posted: Feb 27, 2019 at 6:24 Quote
Yep Girvin Flex stem - I guess it gives about 3/4” travel at the bars. They were rubbish, in the winter when the elastomer went hard the metal part of the stem that was supposed to compress the elastomer just bent instead.

Posted: Feb 27, 2019 at 9:12 Quote
New Cannondale Jekyll 3. only a few upgrades
New Cannondale Jekyll 3. only a few upgrades

My new Jekyll 3, such a sweet ride. I cant wait for warmer weather!

O+
Posted: Mar 1, 2019 at 14:02 Quote
[Quote="ThunderChunk"]
lance-h wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:

Holy shit. You must ride really hard. At 160 psi in the ramp up chamber I can't get it to bottom out. Do you find it rides better in the normal or slack setting?

Totally depends on where you ride. I rode it slack most of the time and it was great.

Posted: Mar 2, 2019 at 4:07 Quote
Just finished the build with the invisiframe kit & slik decals on the superdeluxe.
Hopefully will be able to ride soon once the weather improves.
The only thing I would like to change is the crank for an x1, as I think 175mm is too long.

photo

Posted: Mar 2, 2019 at 15:04 Quote
Cold wet foggy and fun.
Wet and just above freezing, but still fun.

O+
Posted: Mar 2, 2019 at 16:46 Quote
mcozzy wrote:
Just finished the build with the invisiframe kit & slik decals on the superdeluxe.
Hopefully will be able to ride soon once the weather improves.
The only thing I would like to change is the crank for an x1, as I think 175mm is too long.

photo

Nice one, I run a 165 on my L newmad, 175s was getting too many pedal strikes even in the high bb setting.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.048880
Mobile Version of Website