Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 5:14 Quote
New CTM Scroll 29

My new CTM Scroll 29.
Not fancy AF, pretty much an underdog, but the overall package is good enough.
Full stock now except the wheels.

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 7:41 Quote
shoshy wrote:
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
shoshy wrote:
Here's mine new whip. Propain Spindrift 2019 in raw

Propain Spindrift test ride

Looks noice! 180mm front and rear right? How does it ride?

Yeah, 180mm both sides.I can't give any good comments, looks like i messed up with coil. Bobs like a bitch, rides so deep in the travel it's actually harsh and bottoms out to easily for my liking. I need either a harder spring, a harder AND progressive spring and someone who knows what's he doing to help me with DHX2 setup.
On the upside, pedaling position is great and long reach with tiny standover is even better Big Grin

Hmm I thought they updated the rear more progressively for 2019?
The Spindrift was Always somewhat linear- so you need to tune your spring and compression.

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 15:05 Quote
NotNamed wrote:
shoshy wrote:
Twenty6ers4life wrote:

Looks noice! 180mm front and rear right? How does it ride?

Yeah, 180mm both sides.I can't give any good comments, looks like i messed up with coil. Bobs like a bitch, rides so deep in the travel it's actually harsh and bottoms out to easily for my liking. I need either a harder spring, a harder AND progressive spring and someone who knows what's he doing to help me with DHX2 setup.
On the upside, pedaling position is great and long reach with tiny standover is even better Big Grin

The Spindrift was Always somewhat linear- so you need to tune your spring and compression.

Or get an X2 and save some weight in the process. Super sweet ride either way.

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 22:43 Quote
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
NotNamed wrote:
shoshy wrote:

Bad experiences with X2. Those shocks do not last and deteriorate quickly. X2 was my first choice, but sooo many local guys blew them up (rebound shaft) in short time i didn't want to take chances. This will be good, I've just got many knobs to play with Big Grin and probably up the spring rate
Tnx for the advice

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 3:38 Quote
shoshy wrote:
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
NotNamed wrote:

Bad experiences with X2. Those shocks do not last and deteriorate quickly. X2 was my first choice, but sooo many local guys blew them up (rebound shaft) in short time i didn't want to take chances. This will be good, I've just got many knobs to play with Big Grin and probably up the spring rate
Tnx for the advice
You can Always sell the DHX and go with an EXT Storia Wink
I mean the EXT costs about 200€ less than a new DHX but you get 2 lightweight springs with it (and way better build quality and custom tune).

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 5:00 Quote
NotNamed wrote:
shoshy wrote:
Twenty6ers4life wrote:

Tnx for the advice
I mean the EXT costs about 200€ less than a new DHX but you get 2 lightweight springs with it (and way better build quality and custom tune).

Does it come with anything orange, though?

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 8:37 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
NotNamed wrote:
shoshy wrote:

Tnx for the advice

Does it come with anything orange, though?
I suppose you can put the orange spring on it for extra coolness Smile

Posted: Mar 17, 2019 at 22:34 Quote
I’ve got a question for anyone running any tire inserts, what do you do if you do puncture? Can you just stick a tube in or do you need to take the insert out and wear it like a necklace til you get home?

Posted: Mar 17, 2019 at 22:43 Quote
That’s what sealant is for.

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
StUone7 wrote:
That’s what sealant is for.

Doesn’t always work like that or I wouldn’t worry about punctures.....

Yes, you need to remove the insert and. Sorry it with you.

Use plugs, I have had maybe 5 punctures that wouldn’t seal in the last 4 years each occasion a plug sorted it. I’ve never had to put a tube in.

I've also never had to take out the insert from flatting, and can repair with plugs. You can braid them together for larger holes.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.030633
Mobile Version of Website