Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: May 21, 2019 at 12:26 Quote
feathers54 wrote:
u guys r like children, at what point did i ever say anything negative about his bike, looks sick with the kashima and everything, i'm just stating that surely a bike of that spec would want better wheels. i was meerly asking a question.

grow up

Not really sure how asking you to be more polite is childish but ok.

You also implied that the wheels weren’t good enough without saying anything remotely positive. It’s not hard to be a decent human being, try a little harder.

O+
Posted: May 21, 2019 at 12:39 Quote
Better damper, brakes and a custom cockpit are a better upgrades than a blingy wheelset. Sweet bike.

O+
Posted: May 21, 2019 at 12:44 Quote
willbikeleeds wrote:
feathers54 wrote:
kilo11 wrote:
My 2018 Commencal Meta AM 4.2

This bike is stock other than:
Fox 36 Grip 2
Codes
Renthal cockpit
Stamp 7 pedals

18 May 2015

surely a wheel upgrade is next?

Surely you should upgrade your manners?

Bike looks good @kilo11

I like how the shock holds the water bottle in place lol

O+
Posted: May 21, 2019 at 12:47 Quote
i like how we have the option to ban toxic people from forums, also sweet bike, i have a soft spot for commencals tup

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 12:50 Quote
willbikeleeds wrote:
feathers54 wrote:
u guys r like children, at what point did i ever say anything negative about his bike, looks sick with the kashima and everything, i'm just stating that surely a bike of that spec would want better wheels. i was meerly asking a question.

grow up

You also implied that the wheels weren’t good enough without saying anything remotely positive. It’s not hard to be a decent human being, try a little harder.

okay, but you'll happily continue to roast me in another forum for accidendtly posting my own bike and "not reading the rules of a forum". if you read theese forum rules it said be prepared for positive and negative or neutral comments

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 12:56 Quote
Adamrideshisbike wrote:
Better damper, brakes and a custom cockpit are a better upgrades than a blingy wheelset. Sweet bike.
I'd say you under estimate the impact of a good wheel upgrade!

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 13:08 Quote
feathers54 wrote:
willbikeleeds wrote:
feathers54 wrote:

grow up

okay, but you'll happily continue to roast me in another forum for accidendtly posting my own bike and "not reading the rules of a forum". if you read theese forum rules it said be prepared for positive and negative or neutral comments

I didn't mention your other post up so I'm not really sure where you're going with that.

You did yourself no favours a couple of weeks ago with how you acted on the other thread. Now numerous people (myself included) think you're an ass.

Picture this, your behaviour a couple of weeks ago now means you are in a hole in the ground. You have a ladder which is just tall enough so you can reach the edge of the hole and you can just about climb out. You also have a spade, if you use the spade to dig any deeper then the ladder will no longer be long enough for you to climb out. You are currently holding the spade and beginning to dig the hole even deeper. I strongly recommend you put the spade down and start to climb the ladder, a ladder which could quite possibly lead to people liking and respecting you on here.

Just be polite, just cause the rules say people should be prepared for negative opinions doesn't mean you have to give one.

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 13:10 Quote
willbikeleeds wrote:
feathers54 wrote:
willbikeleeds wrote:

I didn't mention your other post up so I'm not really sure where you're going with that.

You did yourself no favours a couple of weeks ago with how you acted on the other thread. Now numerous people (myself included) think you're an ass.

Picture this, your behaviour a couple of weeks ago now means you are in a hole in the ground. You have a ladder which is just tall enough so you can reach the edge of the hole and you can just about climb out. You also have a spade, if you use the spade to dig any deeper then the ladder will no longer be long enough for you to climb out. You are currently holding the spade and beginning to dig the hole even deeper. I strongly recommend you put the spade down and start to climb the ladder, a ladder which could quite possibly lead to people liking and respecting you on here.

Just be polite, just cause the rules say people should be prepared for negative opinions doesn't mean you have to give one.

there is no need

to be upset

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 13:21 Quote
feathers54 wrote:
willbikeleeds wrote:
feathers54 wrote:

there is no need

to be upset

Just trying to help you out...

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 13:34 Quote
Adamrideshisbike wrote:
No upgrade on a bike makes a bigger difference than going from typical stock wheels to a good wheelset.

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 13:41 Quote
Interesting point. I’d say suspension would be first. Although I did ride my friends new newmad with reserve wheels the other day and that thing accelerated and changed direction like nothing I’ve ridden.

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 13:58 Quote
A good quality wheelset does feel nice, but I prioritise suspension and view rims as semi disposable.

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 14:07 Quote
At this point, suspension is all so good it's not a big upgrade point unless it's broken... wheels still have a huge range of performance between basic and nice.

O+
Posted: May 21, 2019 at 14:08 Quote
I know how y'all feel about wheelsets, but what's the consensus on grass vs other lawn alternatives?

Grass is for suckers.

O+
Posted: May 21, 2019 at 14:14 Quote
dkidd wrote:
I know how y'all feel about wheelsets, but what's the consensus on grass vs other lawn alternatives?

Grass is for suckers.

grass is ok but only that one kind that is sorta lumpy. tanbark just pokes me Frown

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.025356
Mobile Version of Website