Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: May 15, 2019 at 13:48 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
from my experience

Shimano for brakes
SRAM for gearing

Same, Shimano saint brakes and gx 11 speed drivetrain, eagle is cool but not really worth the money imo, breaks to quick and is annoying to tune.

Posted: May 15, 2019 at 14:10 Quote
feathers54 wrote:
nealy578 wrote:
I’ve just gone for an XTR mech with my GX Eagle cassette and shifter, tired of the mechs blowing up on me. An XTR or XO1 shifter is sure to follow as I miss the adjustability of my old XO1 11 speed lever.

Oh and Hope brakes are the ones!

heard those hope brakes give u crazy arm pump, feel really wooden, resistant lever pull?

I’ve had my fair share of brakes. Saints, MT7’s, Guide RSC’s and now the V4’s. Guides had excellent lever feel but power was meh, MT7’s are unbelievably powerful, good modulation and we’re fault free for the 18 months I had them. Saints are plenty powerful enough but I don’t like the fact you have to throw levers away etc when the go wrong and replace. Hopes I think have the bast traits of all the other bit with a far superior build quality. Good modulation, adjustability, power (I have the v4’s) faultless performance in the time I had them. I came off and ripped the hose from them the other day, all the hardware is re-usable, just took them apart trimmed and 1” of hose, back together and bled, back up and running. No silly bleed cups, syringes or techniques. They just work

Posted: May 15, 2019 at 21:53 Quote
nealy578 wrote:
feathers54 wrote:
nealy578 wrote:
I’ve just gone for an XTR mech with my GX Eagle cassette and shifter, tired of the mechs blowing up on me. An XTR or XO1 shifter is sure to follow as I miss the adjustability of my old XO1 11 speed lever.

Oh and Hope brakes are the ones!

heard those hope brakes give u crazy arm pump, feel really wooden, resistant lever pull?

I’ve had my fair share of brakes. Saints, MT7’s, Guide RSC’s and now the V4’s. Guides had excellent lever feel but power was meh, MT7’s are unbelievably powerful, good modulation and we’re fault free for the 18 months I had them. Saints are plenty powerful enough but I don’t like the fact you have to throw levers away etc when the go wrong and replace. Hopes I think have the bast traits of all the other bit with a far superior build quality. Good modulation, adjustability, power (I have the v4’s) faultless performance in the time I had them. I came off and ripped the hose from them the other day, all the hardware is re-usable, just took them apart trimmed and 1” of hose, back together and bled, back up and running. No silly bleed cups, syringes or techniques. They just work

I second this, it’s also good to note that nearly every single part of the brake can be rebuilt and or customized.

Posted: May 16, 2019 at 0:58 Quote
CTM Scroll 29

Most of you don't know this European brand, pretty much an underdog I think.
CTM Scroll 29. This is CTM's first try on 29" enduro field, they have the same bike in 27.5 for years now.
In the US the KHS made a bike like this, exactly the same frame.

The whole package as shown is under 3000€, got 150mm front and rear and what you got for your money:
- Lyrik RC fork
- Super Deluxe RCT shock
- Trubeine 35 bar and stem
- KS LEV dropper
- full SLX drivetrain and geaing
- Shimano OEM 4 piston Deore brakes which are a huge and good surprise, they preform plenty of braking power

For the geo geeks:
- 75 deg. seat angle
- 66 deg. head angle
- 450mm reach in "M" size
- 613mm top tube lenght
- 444mm chainstays

I changed the wheels those I have already and the saddle, 2 days ago I bought a Fatbar also.

Posted: May 16, 2019 at 1:15 Quote
milan89ers wrote:
CTM Scroll 29

CTM Scroll 29. This is CTM's first try on 29" enduro field, they have the same bike in 27.5 for years now.

The whole package as shown is under 3000€, got 150mm front and rear and what you got for your money:
- Lyrik RC fork
- Super Deluxe RCT shock
- KS LEV dropper
- Shimano OEM 4 piston Deore brakes which are a huge and good surprise, they preform plenty of braking power

For the go geeks:
- 75 deg. seat angle
- 66 deg. head angle
- 613mm top tube lenght
- 444mm chainstays

I changed the wheels those I have already and the saddle, 2 days ago I bought a Fatbar also.

is the rear tyre touching the frame? or just an optical illusion?!

Posted: May 16, 2019 at 1:50 Quote
v7fmp wrote:
milan89ers wrote:
CTM Scroll 29

- Lyrik RC fork
- Super Deluxe RCT shock
- KS LEV dropper

For the go geeks:
- 75 deg. seat angle
- 66 deg. head angle
- 613mm top tube lenght
- 444mm chainstays

The front triangle looks like a Vitus Escarpe...

Posted: May 16, 2019 at 1:53 Quote
wrote:

just an illusion
there's enough place for 2.4 tyre or etrto 622-62. Ok at 62mm width the mud clearence'll be an issue, but a hans dampf or magic mary fits well

Posted: May 16, 2019 at 3:55 Quote
tobgren wrote:
v7fmp wrote:
milan89ers wrote:
CTM Scroll 29

- Lyrik RC fork
- Super Deluxe RCT shock
- KS LEV dropper

For the go geeks:
- 75 deg. seat angle
- 66 deg. head angle
- 613mm top tube lenght
- 444mm chainstays

i think it is, theese direct slaes brands have to buy from cattalogue in china to keep the price down. they often use same front triangle and then change rear triangle. like a pick and mix system

Posted: May 16, 2019 at 3:56 Quote
The escarpe is highly regarded as a bike so it's all good!

Posted: May 16, 2019 at 3:58 Quote
adespotoskyli wrote:
The escarpe is highly regarded as a bike so it's all good!

i can somewhat agree, i had one for a bit and the geometry was alright, nothing special, value for money was insnae ofc. but the suspension was never quite right, inital sensitivty was pretty good but no mid stroke support meaning it ramped up really late and always felt a bit squatted in corners

Posted: May 16, 2019 at 4:08 Quote
wrote:

looks so, but not the same.
Vitus got bigger bent on the top tube and it is different around the bottom bracket, cuz' Vitus uses horst link while the CTM uses VPP

Posted: May 16, 2019 at 7:09 Quote
milan89ers wrote:
CTM Scroll 29

- Lyrik RC fork
- Super Deluxe RCT shock

Yeah thats literally just a vitue escarpe 29
- KS LEV dropper

For the go geeks:
- 75 deg. seat angle
- 66 deg. head angle
- 613mm top tube lenght
- 444mm chainstays

Posted: May 16, 2019 at 7:44 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
from my experience

Shimano for brakes
SRAM for gearing

shimano for all... doesnt like the noisy alivio-style gear changing

Posted: May 16, 2019 at 8:10 Quote
Annihilator wrote:
thedad71 wrote:
from my experience

Shimano for brakes
SRAM for gearing

shimano for all... doesnt like the noisy alivio-style gear changing

I was Shimano for everything, but just put X01 AXS on my bike...… utterly flawless (thus far!)

I still rate shimano brakes tho.

Posted: May 16, 2019 at 8:23 Quote
milan89ers wrote:
CTM Scroll 29

- Lyrik RC fork
- Super Deluxe RCT shock
- KS LEV dropper

For the go geeks:
- 75 deg. seat angle
- 66 deg. head angle
- 613mm top tube lenght
- 444mm chainstays

Astro? )

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.037853
Mobile Version of Website