Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 19:12 Quote
Made the switch to a coil. Just need to find a heavier spring and it'll be ready to rip. Can't believe how much I love this bike!

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 19:14 Quote
i always liked the look of those Riots. i passed a guy who was riding one last week and asked him how he liked it and he seemed disenchanted, said "its really heavy..." so that kind of bummed me out.

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 19:19 Quote
sosburn wrote:
i always liked the look of those Riots. i passed a guy who was riding one last week and asked him how he liked it and he seemed disenchanted, said "its really heavy..." so that kind of bummed me out.

It is pretty heavy, but I'm also pretty heavy and have definitely been more concerned about parts holding up than being the lightest on the block.

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 19:47 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
put together some new sneakers for the Couch Rocket..... picked up some TRP Quads to try out as well.... hope to get them on the bike next week....

Looking good man, curious how you'll like those TRP's... I've heard good things.

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 19:51 Quote
Timely Riot post! Mine is a bit less put together.

Would be interested in trying coil, although right now I feel like I need more progression out of my shock. Just serviced suspension so we'll see what that's like. Saw that MRP Hazzard on Jenson when I was looking at 200x57mm shocks, hmmmm...

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 19:54 Quote
Thanks BB.... yeah I was really on the fence about veering away from shimanos... but from what I understand from a few homies is they are the best of sram and shimano mixed up in one.

As soon as the summer is toast I have some powder coat for this thing too... a silver grey translucent gloss that should be pretty cool.... i just dont feel like tearing it all down right before things start to heat up.

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 19:55 Quote
Riots are baddass rigs, two nice ones there tup

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 21:41 Quote
Looking forward to hearing what you think of the trp brakes. I’ve heard they are similar to magura brakes... long levers and all.

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 22:55 Quote
My Specialized Enduro 29

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 23:37 Quote
How do you like the Goodyear's? Same front and rear? Definitely considering them when it's time to replace mine.

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 23:40 Quote
I too am curious about those tires... thats a darn good looking enduro.

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 23:52 Quote
I had a Newton ST Newton combo, I knew they had to go when the front washed out in a straight line on a damp pavement, I’d had multiple issues on the trail with them too, conditions were wet so probably less than ideal for the shallow tread profile. Went back to Wild enduros, never experimenting with anything other than Michelin/Maxxis from now on.

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 23:54 Quote
I had a mate who took them to EWS Quelifier in Tasmania and they just didn’t like high speed berms. He went back to DHF front for race day.

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 0:15 Quote
I have really liked them so far actually, but I admittedly have not run them in very wet or sloppy conditions. I’m running the ST up front and regular Newton in the back - both 2.6, both EN Ultimate Casing or whatever the DH spec one is called. They’re not particularly light, but I would say they tend to roll pretty well. Set up on the 35mm Derby’s with pressures in the 30’s they feel stable and not sloppy, but there’s still plenty of traction. I like them a lot, and they’re some of the best I’ve had for where I ride, but as others have said, if you were looking for an all-conditions do-it-all tire there are probably better combos.

For those who are considering the TRP Quads, I would highly recommend those. Once bedded they have great power and all the lever feel you could want. I haven’t had to service them yet, but the shop that recommended and installed them continually says they’re some of the easiest brakes to maintain.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023240
Mobile Version of Website