Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Jul 5, 2019 at 16:16 Quote
I would have to say for a DH race Schwabble Schwibbles would be hard to beat. (for me at least) but indeed they start to break down quick. Especially for the price. That said there is that German supply website (cant recall the name) but you can pick up a set for the price of one locally.

Posted: Jul 5, 2019 at 17:29 Quote
Schwalbe is worth it every time imo. Wear faster and more prone to sidewall damage, but the weight and traction in motion just can't be beat.

You're thinking of bike24.de.

Posted: Jul 5, 2019 at 19:24 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Schwalbe is worth it every time imo. Wear faster and more prone to sidewall damage, but the weight and traction in motion just can't be beat.

Ah yes thats it...

Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 1:33 Quote
I like the traction you get with them, but the side knobs on the Hans Dampf are very fragile and the side walls on the Nobby Nic are paper thin. Magic Mary is one of my favourites for the front though.

Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 1:35 Quote
sherbet wrote:

Shhhhh the secret is now OUT

Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 1:41 Quote
I really like the new vigilante on the front. Traction for days, decent protection even in the light version.

Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 8:02 Quote
moferenc wrote:
I really like the new vigilante on the front. Traction for days, decent protection even in the light version.

It had better have decent protection at their weight. 1000g+ for a "light" casing

Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 13:48 Quote
We've had a lot of WTB tires mount up with a significant wobble, right out of box. Great grip and good protection, but the quality isn't at the level of many other companies.

Which is a shame as they have some absolutely excellently made road tires.

Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 14:17 Quote
sherbet wrote:
We've had a lot of WTB tires mount up with a significant wobble, right out of box. Great grip and good protection, but the quality isn't at the level of many other companies.

Which is a shame as they have some absolutely excellently made road tires.

I mean, I love Schwalbe, but that same problem happens enough with them that I made a habit of taking a picture of the tire's serial # before mounting, so I don't have to take it off to submit a warranty claim.

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 17:13 Quote
And this is why I just keep throwing on a DHF/agressor.

Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 19:31 Quote
Adamrideshisbike wrote:
And this is why I just keep throwing on a DHF/agressor.

Tried and true!

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 21:17 Quote
Adamrideshisbike wrote:
And this is why I just keep throwing on a Assegai/agressor.

try this, you'll never want anything else

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 21:59 Quote
sosburn wrote:
Adamrideshisbike wrote:
And this is why I just keep throwing on a Assegai/agressor.

try this, you'll never want anything else

Over my TRS dies that's my plan!

Posted: Jul 7, 2019 at 0:07 Quote
Damn my thread is still going strong after 8+ years. Quick recap on my bike life! Well my heckler is finally dead, I hit a log a year or so back and messed the headset tube up. I've been focusing on other stuff and mountain bikes got pushed back. I regret doing that and have been pretty miserable, but I'm slowly getting back into it. I just acquired a 05 bullit from a buddy and I'm super stoaked and I've had a 456 that has been needing built. My plan is to distribute my heckler parts between the two and have two okay bikes.

Posted: Jul 7, 2019 at 4:13 Quote
Good man on biting the Bullit

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.046993
Mobile Version of Website