Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 18:20 Quote
nouseforaname wrote:
Thorjensen wrote:
jamieridesbikes wrote:
Any other business up front, party out back combos I should consider?

I just sold my one bikepark weekend old set of 2.6 DHR2 3C EXO+ MT and 2.4WT DHR2 3C DD MT and went straight back to Bontrager. I find the SE5 2.6 / SE4 2.4 more predictable when cornering, larger balloon, more sidewall support than EXO, better life spand and faster rolling than the famous Maxxis mix ups. The narrower and older SE5 2.3 / SE4 2.35 got me through a whole day of Austrian (Saalbach+Leogang) rainstorms last year without ANY sort of issues.

A bit slower rolling and faster wearing option but with tons of grip could be the Kenda Hellkat PRO / Nevegal2 PRO combo. That combo has been the best dry hardpack tires i've ridden. But the Bonty SE5/SE4 wins in my book.

Just my 5 cent

I run a Magic Mary up front and an SE4 in the rear. Always good times - to the point that i bought two of each when i found a deal!

Plus SE4s come stock on lots of Trek bikes, and folks who don't know better are willing to off load them so they can choo choo get on the Maxxis train. I paid $90CAD for two SE4s recently that were brand new take offs.

You’re right on the Bontys ;-)

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 21:02 Quote
Vee Flow Snap WCE and a Crown R-Adius

+ tannus inserts

O+
Posted: Jul 13, 2019 at 9:41 Quote
That is super clean

O+
Posted: Jul 13, 2019 at 11:30 Quote
Bigblob123 wrote:
photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

Very nice. Who makes that frame? Looks like a big fork too. Great build.

Posted: Jul 13, 2019 at 11:33 Quote
its a production privee shan 27 (917 special edition paint). they design their frames for up to 160mm forks, which im running right now

Posted: Jul 13, 2019 at 11:52 Quote
Built a temp Satori up while waiting for my frame. Think it's safe to say this is the nicest build a Satori will ever see.

27.8lbs. Size large.

Temp bike. 27.8lbs.

Posted: Jul 13, 2019 at 13:50 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Built a temp Satori up while waiting for my frame. Think it's safe to say this is the nicest build a Satori will ever see.

27.8lbs. Size large.

Temp bike. 27.8lbs.

those are actually very nice bikes. well balanced good al arounder

Posted: Jul 14, 2019 at 3:31 Quote
sherbet wrote:

27.8lbs. Size large.

Temp bike. 27.8lbs.

Awesome. It’s be good to hear your thoughts on whether it’s worth it as a bike to buy and upgrade.

Very nice weight.

O+
Posted: Jul 14, 2019 at 5:39 Quote
My freshly build Bird Zero 29, size large

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Jul 14, 2019 at 10:02 Quote
Woododo wrote:
Awesome. It’s be good to hear your thoughts on whether it’s worth it as a bike to buy and upgrade.

Very nice weight.

First ride done. Didn't have the pressure right in the fart can, but still ran well.

The seat tube angle is too steep. Feels short while seated, and long while standing. Bike is definitely more poppy than the last few bikes I've had, and really likes to stay light on it's toes over rough stuff. Touch that rear brake and your suspension instantly starts to feel stiff and unsettled. It's not a very great climber either, feels like your weight is too set forward to have any traction on the back wheel on that loose stuff.

I'd say I really really like it, but I don't love it. For a frame of it's price, it does ride excellently. The Rift Zone is a similar frame and price, lighter, with a rear pivot rather than a flex stay, so I'd probably go that direction if I wanted a cheap bike I felt good about putting some money into, but that said the Satori is definitely more of an aggressive feeling bike.

My $0.10.

Posted: Jul 14, 2019 at 10:56 Quote
Bigblob123, that's a very very beautiful built ! Great job !

Posted: Jul 14, 2019 at 12:24 Quote
Thorjensen wrote:
jamieridesbikes wrote:
Any other business up front, party out back combos I should consider?

I just sold my one bikepark weekend old set of 2.6 DHR2 3C EXO+ MT and 2.4WT DHR2 3C DD MT and went straight back to Bontrager. I find the SE5 2.6 / SE4 2.4 more predictable when cornering, larger balloon, more sidewall support than EXO, better life spand and faster rolling than the famous Maxxis mix ups. The narrower and older SE5 2.3 / SE4 2.35 got me through a whole day of Austrian (Saalbach+Leogang) rainstorms last year without ANY sort of issues.

A bit slower rolling and faster wearing option but with tons of grip could be the Kenda Hellkat PRO / Nevegal2 PRO combo. That combo has been the best dry hardpack tires i've ridden. But the Bonty SE5/SE4 wins in my book.

Just my 5 cent

I ride a lot of really loose dusty steeps here in SoCal. How does the SE4 hold up as a rear tire? I already know the SE5 will be fine. I just want a good rear tire that can handle crazy steeps and still roll well

Posted: Jul 14, 2019 at 12:37 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Woododo wrote:

Very nice weight.

First ride done. Didn't have the pressure right in the fart can, but still ran well.

The seat tube angle is too steep. Feels short while seated, and long while standing. Bike is definitely more poppy than the last few bikes I've had, and really likes to stay light on it's toes over rough stuff. Touch that rear brake and your suspension instantly starts to feel stiff and unsettled. It's not a very great climber either, feels like your weight is too set forward to have any traction on the back wheel on that loose stuff.

I'd say I really really like it, but I don't love it. For a frame of it's price, it does ride excellently. The Rift Zone is a similar frame and price, lighter, with a rear pivot rather than a flex stay, so I'd probably go that direction if I wanted a cheap bike I felt good about putting some money into, but that said the Satori is definitely more of an aggressive feeling bike.

My $0.10.

I had Rift Zone, great bike, but unfortunately has the opposite problem on the seat tube angle than the Satori. Too slack at my pedaling height.
However they are updating the geo for 2020, probably shouldn't say too much but it looks good.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.167950
Mobile Version of Website