PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 8:40 Quote
ktm87 wrote:
little heavy no actually very heavy

How much ? This bike with a 180mm Emerald Drool

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 8:52 Quote
ktm87 wrote:
got a hans dampf for the front. its my do all bike. little heavy no actually very heavy, still pedals well but its a riot going down. ride it on all the local xc trails still

I can’t possibly see that on XC trails.

How?!? Are you hiking up the climbs?

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 9:29 Quote
sosburn wrote:
you got some huge rotors

Big rotors to go with the big 6 pot caliper up front.

O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 9:31 Quote
fredro wrote:
ktm87 wrote:
got a hans dampf for the front. its my do all bike. little heavy no actually very heavy, still pedals well but its a riot going down. ride it on all the local xc trails still

it climbs well. its not a goat but you would be surprised. the taniwhas pedal well, adding dual crowns doesnt change that

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 9:47 Quote
ktm87 wrote:
fredro wrote:
ktm87 wrote:

it climbs well. its not a goat but you would be surprised. the taniwhas pedal well, adding dual crowns doesnt change that

It kinda does. It adds a significant amount of weight, while also slackening the head tube angle. Both factors are not conducive for climbing.

But hey, to each his own. Beautiful bike regardless. If you can pedal that uphill for extended climbs, more power to you.

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 10:28 Quote
^ But the weight is on the front of the bike, effectively pulling the bike uphill!

I'm just kidding lol, it cant be all bad though, should help it to not wheelie when climbing.

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 10:49 Quote
Still dialing some parts in, but so far, so good-

Ibis Ripley LS Fox 36 44mm Offset

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 14:50 Quote
ktm87 wrote:
latest rebuild

photo

photo

photo

photo

ktm87, what crank arms are on that Pinion box?

O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 15:17 Quote
Puttint the dual crowns on didn't make much difference to me for climbing. It still seams the same to me. I had it long forked with a single crown before and the dual crown atc is almost the same. So only like a pound more up front and didn't raise it much. Still not a goat by any means but it I really love it as a do all bike. Have a riot on it wherever I ride

Cranks are a custom set I machined

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 17:05 Quote
Those cranks are awesome, nice work. Really like the Taniwha, the price is just nuts though... isn't it like $6500 for just the frameset?

O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 17:48 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Those cranks are awesome, nice work. Really like the Taniwha, the price is just nuts though... isn't it like $6500 for just the frameset?

$5000.
actually Fanatik had them on sale for like 3500$ for a while

O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 17:55 Quote
Used prices on them are pretty cheap. Got mine for $4600 shipped. Was only couple months old and had a killer build

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 20:00 Quote
photo

My Norco Range showing off the Ass-dissector combo. Race ready for the EWS100 tomorrow in Northstar. Time to get spanked by the big boys.

O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 20:16 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:

That includes drivetrain, so if you factor in whatever a high end drivetrain would cost (XO/XX/XTR) it's a lot more reasonable. That's before you factor in the savings over time with a gearbox rather than cassettes, chains, cables, rings

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 22:48 Quote
That Zeroda is nuts!
But are Trickstuff brake levers compatible with Dot fluid (Hope brake calipers)? Didn't know that.
How big is that front rotor?

Can I get a driveside shot of it?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.028381
Mobile Version of Website