Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Aug 15, 2019 at 17:23 Quote
heinous wrote:
11s SRAM was really crisp and robust. I find eagle totally rubbish. Opinions vary, but after multiple warranties I went back to 11s Shimano and it was way better except for range. I recently went to 12s Shimano and it’s much better in my experience.

Shimano's new XT and XTR stuff is really really good.

Posted: Aug 15, 2019 at 19:02 Quote
h-beck83 wrote:
thunder-nuggets wrote:
Aight. I’m not digging the chrome too so it’s coming off

Blue looks good with the grey though. Maybe a bit more blue. Either way, nice bike.

Thanks, I’ll try it. Already have a bunch a blue parts

Posted: Aug 15, 2019 at 20:04 Quote
First full suspension bike...for real. Rode a "modernized" 94 Stumpjumper up until this year. True story.
2015 Kona Process 153DL. Dubbed the Green Basturd, by my riding clan. Straight up rips.
Don't worry, longer dropper post is next upgrade. Haha.

Posted: Aug 15, 2019 at 20:43 Quote
Broads72 wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:
Broads72 wrote:
Running Mullet
Running Mullet

Stunning build! How do you like the mullet?

I am really tempted to fit a 650b rear wheel in my 170mm 29er enduro.

Loving it. I’m running the 29’r front but with only 160mm travel and 51 offset. It keeps the geo the same. Only adds 3mm of trail but rolls over better than a 27.5.

That thing is rank. Very sweet.

Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 1:43 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
heinous wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:

Honestly, probably not much difference other than slightly better construction.

I’m a believer in the better shifter / cheaper mech combo. Save your pennies for an X01 shifter. It is adjustable, carbon, and rides on bearings. You’ll feel the upgrade there.

Almost the opposite with eagle - gx and nx derailleur materials construction is rubbish and there are design differences too from the better derailleurs.

So you’re saying that if you have an NX shifter & derailleur, it’s better to upgrade the derailleur to something like an XO, and run an NX shifter with it?

Thanks for the feedback my dudes! to be honest, i thought the gx mech was sound, its been mint so far and never had a problem with one, but yeah thinking of trying to speed shifts up and what not. the next mech up is the X01 with i think is around £77 atm on tredz or crc (can't remember which) so i will definitely look at doing that insead! cheers!

Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 2:21 Quote
Jamestyrrell wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:
heinous wrote:

Almost the opposite with eagle - gx and nx derailleur materials construction is rubbish and there are design differences too from the better derailleurs.

So you’re saying that if you have an NX shifter & derailleur, it’s better to upgrade the derailleur to something like an XO, and run an NX shifter with it?

Thanks for the feedback my dudes! to be honest, i thought the gx mech was sound, its been mint so far and never had a problem with one, but yeah thinking of trying to speed shifts up and what not. the next mech up is the X01 with i think is around £77 atm on tredz or crc (can't remember which) so i will definitely look at doing that insead! cheers!

XO1 eagle is more like £170 for a mech, I’ve ran GX Eagle and now moved to 12 speed XT (previously had 12 speed XTR with eagle shifter) and the Shimano stuff is the dogs.

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 9:09 Quote

This Sally the swoop, Number 056. Can't speak highly enough of how well it rides and the process of ordering from joe at starling

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 14:59 Quote
Reminds me of Oasis ;-d

Starling is right up there on my list

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 6:48 Quote
seadog275 wrote:
This Sally the swoop, Number 056. Can't speak highly enough of how well it rides and the process of ordering from joe at starling

There are almost exactly 100 frames between our Swoop's, I'm on the 150 Smile

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 10:21 Quote
Ive ditched the big enduro bike and went with somthing smaller and more nimble.
Suits me way better- the Knolly was too long sadly (stupidly long legs and arms, short torso).

Bike rides absolutely amazing- no more traction loss on the front wheel Smile

Only change will be a 180mm+ dropper for christmas maybe.

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 11:32 Quote
NotNamed wrote:
Suits me way better- the Knolly was too long sadly (stupidly long legs and arms, short torso).

The 29 ST was at the top of my list for a while, but I couldn’t find a decent deal on a frame only. Sweet ride for sure.

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 12:45 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
NotNamed wrote:

The 29 ST was at the top of my list for a while, but I couldn’t find a decent deal on a frame only. Sweet ride for sure.
Got the whole bike for 3450€- cant complain for a Carbon frame for that price Wink
I wouldnt have paid the full- but lot of good Deals for complete Comp Carbons on the Buy/Sell.

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 13:42 Quote

Heres the Kona with a whole bunch of new goodies. I ended up putting the decals on after all and I actually rrally like them. New XT/XTR drivetrain shifts phenomenally so no complaints there. Also got new grips and a new saddle ehich is far more comfortable than the pro vulture saddle I had on. Please excuse the shitty pictures.

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 17:02 Quote
Gmoneyog1 wrote:

Heres the Kona with a whole bunch of new goodies. I ended up putting the decals on after all and I actually rrally like them. New XT/XTR drivetrain shifts phenomenally so no complaints there. Also got new grips and a new saddle ehich is far more comfortable than the pro vulture saddle I had on. Please excuse the shitty pictures.

How do you like the process? It's on my short list for my next bike. Have you raced it at all?

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.032296
Mobile Version of Website