Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 17:07 Quote
damn gmoney lookin good. does the XT “feel nice?” Wink

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 18:30 Quote
Habaden wrote:
Gmoneyog1 wrote:

Heres the Kona with a whole bunch of new goodies. I ended up putting the decals on after all and I actually rrally like them. New XT/XTR drivetrain shifts phenomenally so no complaints there. Also got new grips and a new saddle ehich is far more comfortable than the pro vulture saddle I had on. Please excuse the shitty pictures.

How do you like the process? It's on my short list for my next bike. Have you raced it at all?

Havent raced it yet but plan to later this year, to be honest its the best bike ive owned, tracks super well, grips well and despite being close to 35 pounds it climbs well too. Cornering is great thanks to short chainstays and the slightly steeper head angle (66°). Honestly I have no complaints. Great bike if you beat yours up all the time.

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 18:32 Quote
sosburn wrote:
damn gmoney lookin good. does the XT “feel nice?” Wink

shifts smooth as toast Smile

Once my wrist heals in like 9 weeks im gonna wear it in a bit and try to write a better than sophomoric review on it. But from what ive felt so far it shifts very precisely and has a very satisfying mechanical click to each shift. Also nice you you downshift 2 gears at a time.

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 18:43 Quote
Gmoneyog1 wrote:
Habaden wrote:
Gmoneyog1 wrote:

Heres the Kona with a whole bunch of new goodies. I ended up putting the decals on after all and I actually rrally like them. New XT/XTR drivetrain shifts phenomenally so no complaints there. Also got new grips and a new saddle ehich is far more comfortable than the pro vulture saddle I had on. Please excuse the shitty pictures.

How do you like the process? It's on my short list for my next bike. Have you raced it at all?

Havent raced it yet but plan to later this year, to be honest its the best bike ive owned, tracks super well, grips well and despite being close to 35 pounds it climbs well too. Cornering is great thanks to short chainstays and the slightly steeper head angle (66°). Honestly I have no complaints. Great bike if you beat yours up all the time.

Have you had a chance to try it against the 29er?

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 18:46 Quote
Habaden wrote:
Gmoneyog1 wrote:
Habaden wrote:

Have you had a chance to try it against the 29er?

No but I was thinking of demoing one. Probably going to sell this bike late next year to get one though Smile

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 19:19 Quote
That Bomber looks good on there tup

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 19:39 Quote
kwapik wrote:

Thanks man, Im really happy with how the slik graphics came out!

Whats your favorite germs song?

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 22:48 Quote
Cool question. I dig them all, but if I have to choose one - it be "Manimal".

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 0:25 Quote
kwapik wrote:

I second this! looks awesome!

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 0:45 Quote
kwapik wrote:
Cool question. I dig them all, but if I have to choose one - it be "Manimal".

Good choice

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 0:45 Quote
v7fmp wrote:
kwapik wrote:

I second this! looks awesome!

Thanks!

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 12:11 Quote
My home built Highpivot29erslackandlongtrailbike:

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 12:20 Quote
hows it riding so far

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 12:34 Quote
ktm87 wrote:
hows it riding so far

I am really happy with it. Just a few issues:

Rear end is quite on the flexy side.
80° seat angle are a bit too much.
Long reach means that you need alot of stack.
Could use a 160mm fork
Loud

What i really like:

Peadals extremely efficient
Tons of traction in any situation
Seems like roots and such dont slow the bike down as much as i thought they would on my NP mega

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 12:38 Quote
JokerT wrote:
ktm87 wrote:
hows it riding so far

I am really happy with it. Just a few issues:

Rear end is quite on the flexy side.
80° seat angle are a bit too much.
Long reach means that you need alot of stack.
Could use a 160mm fork
Loud

What i really like:

Peadals extremely efficient
Tons of traction in any situation
Seems like roots and such dont slow the bike down as much as i thought they would on my NP mega

That's pretty rad man.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023228
Mobile Version of Website