Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 20:34 Quote
ktm87 wrote:
i really hope they catch on. i love my pinion. its the fricken bees knees. dont plan on going back to a derailleur

Yeah right ! Would be nice to see it trickle down to £3k completes

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 21:49 Quote
New commencal am ht build. So much fun to ride.
I9 wheels, xx1 cranks, xt 12 speed, saint brakes, dvo diamond, chromag bza cockpit, ergon grips, and garnet post, ergon enduro saddle.

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 21:54 Quote
ktm87 wrote:
i really hope they catch on. i love my pinion. its the fricken bees knees. dont plan on going back to a derailleur

yeah the suspension alone sounds worth the disadvantages, which are then far outweighed by the lack of maintenance required. I f*cking hate shelling out for a broken derailleur.

Posted: Aug 24, 2019 at 8:19 Quote
Imagine we were all riding internal gearing and derailleurs were a recent release.

"Yeah guys we've got this new product worth up to a grand that sits really low behind the back wheel, completely exposed to damage and the elements. We're also going to use a bespoke attachment point that can literally be into three figures to save you money instead of that derailleur braking. We've also made the range huge and put a literal anchor onto the back wheel to really make sure your suspension is working uphill."

I get they're vastly more efficient, and frankly they just work, but it's kinda funny.

Posted: Aug 24, 2019 at 10:37 Quote
Pivot switchblade fully built and slack as foook
for sale pm me if interested Pirate Pirate

Posted: Aug 24, 2019 at 10:43 Quote
Theocr wrote:
i know this question has been asked before, but here goes.
How heavy do you guys think a bike has to be before it starts to slow you down? Im not bothered about uphill, but im looking at a nukeproof mega, thats 16kg in my size, but have no clue what my scout weighs so i cant really compare it to anything.

my switchblade aluminum is about 34 lbs (about 15.5 kilos) and i can never feel the weight at any point besides steep uphills and long ascents. I have owned carbon, aluminum, and steel bikes in the past and the reduced price and heightened durability of aluminum is worth the slight weight penalty in my eyes. Pirate Pirate

Posted: Aug 24, 2019 at 12:48 Quote
braaaaap wrote:
Theocr wrote:
How heavy do you guys think a bike has to be before it starts to slow you down? Im not bothered about uphill, but im looking at a nukeproof mega, thats 16kg in my size, but have no clue what my scout weighs so i cant really compare it to anything.

my switchblade aluminum is about 34 lbs (about 15.5 kilos) and i can never feel the weight at any point besides steep uphills and long ascents. I have owned carbon, aluminum, and steel bikes in the past and the reduced price and heightened durability of aluminum is worth the slight weight penalty in my eyes. Pirate Pirate
Cheers mon. I avoid climbing when i can so i cant see steep ups being an issue!

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 4:39 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
Theocr wrote:

Ya know, I use to worry about weight a lot more, until my current bike. Transition Patrol, coil suspended front and rear, weighs almost 37lbs and climbs better than any other bike I have ever had, no joke. Geometry has a lot more to do with climbing prowess than weight does IMO.

This is so true. I was riding a 150/140 alu and am now on 160 steel fully and the steel bike 100% climbs better even though its heavier, has more travel, is way longer and slacker. The new bike (cotic rocket) puts me in a much better position for climbing. Logically it should be slower as its heavier and all that.

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 20:53 Quote
With the growing popularity of aggressive hardtails, I figured I'd get ahead of the curve and build up an aggressive rigid!
Already fooled some bike nerds.

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 21:04 Quote
Does that say Yeet? Gonna carry a Yeti blue Hi-Point YC9 when you ride? lol

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 7:01 Quote
spaceofades wrote:
With the growing popularity of aggressive hardtails, I figured I'd get ahead of the curve and build up an aggressive rigid!

Arghhhhh my eyes they buuuurn!

Nahhhh it’s actually growin on me even tho i dontride road:/ gravel bikes

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 11:47 Quote
spaceofades wrote:

That actually looks like fun to me. Be more fun with a FOX AX fork though.

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 21:12 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Does that say Yeet? Gonna carry a Yeti blue Hi-Point YC9 when you ride? lol

Not in Canada he isnt!

Posted: Aug 27, 2019 at 5:06 Quote
redemption08 wrote:
New commencal am ht build. So much fun to ride.
I9 wheels, xx1 cranks, xt 12 speed, saint brakes, dvo diamond, chromag bza cockpit, ergon grips, and garnet post, ergon enduro saddle.

That looks like a tonne of fun.

Some of my local riding is very XC oriented, but there are a few jumps and turns that deserve some suspension and meaty tires - I think that thing would be rad.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028121
Mobile Version of Website