Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 9:35 Quote
Lambkoes wrote:
So decided to give the patrol a bit of a makeover as I couldn't afford to change it.......

Before......

Few upgrades..... Fox 36 and transfer post.

After......

Full bearing change over and suspension service while stripped so she's good as new

Nicely done! I dig the black and sparkle. You should cut the steer tube flush though once you have your correct height.

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 9:42 Quote
Lambkoes wrote:
So decided to give the patrol a bit of a makeover as I couldn't afford to change it.......

How do you like the 36 over the lyrik? I put an X2 on at the beginning of the season and have thought about swapping to Fox on the front too.

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 9:59 Quote
thunder-nuggets wrote:
how are those one piece bars?

I'm liking these ones.

I had the previous model which were 760mm wide and only 12mm rise. Couldn't get to grips Wink with them at all.

These are the newer ones, 800mm wide with a 20mm rise. Getting along with them nicely at present.

They are very marmite though.... as the angles can't be adjusted you either like them or you don't. A mate had a set too and got rid.

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 10:01 Quote
marko369 wrote:
That looks great, did you paint yourself or have it done by a pro

I had it done by a local shop, powder coated.

Gloss black first with a sparkle clear coat over it.

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 10:03 Quote
MrMiyagi wrote:
You should cut the steer tube flush though once you have your correct height.

I eventually will, but have these bars set a little lower than my 2 piece set, so still playing about with heights.

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 10:06 Quote
Beecee336 wrote:

How do you like the 36 over the lyrik? I put an X2 on at the beginning of the season and have thought about swapping to Fox on the front too.

I'm loving the 36's, but never had a Lyric.

I had a BOS before but it was the 2014 model. It was a 26" fork that took a 27.5" wheel. The limited clearance was a factor here in Ireland with the muck clogging it up, so changed to the 36 a while back.

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 10:15 Quote
Lambkoes wrote:
thunder-nuggets wrote:
how are those one piece bars?

I'm liking these ones.

I had the previous model which were 760mm wide and only 12mm rise. Couldn't get to grips Wink with them at all.

These are the newer ones, 800mm wide with a 20mm rise. Getting along with them nicely at present.

They are very marmite though.... as the angles can't be adjusted you either like them or you don't. A mate had a set too and got rid.
Are those the Syncros bars just without stickers or is there another company making them now?

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 10:18 Quote
Can't say for those but there are already Chinese versions available on aliexpress with various width and rise options.

I'm in the "don't like them" camp.

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 10:30 Quote
SileTzar wrote:
Can't say for those but there are already Chinese versions available on aliexpress with various width and rise options.

I'm in the "don't like them" camp.

I’d be very cautious with unknown Chinese carbon bars.

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 10:33 Quote
I would too, then again I wouldn't buy branded carbon bars either.

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 10:57 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
[Are those the Syncros bars just without stickers or is there another company making them now?

These are Syncros alright

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 11:19 Quote
SileTzar wrote:

Why? I've run them with absolutely zero issues and I'm not a small dude. Only complaint would be a bit more vibration that I only notice because I blew up my hand last year.

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 11:56 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
SileTzar wrote:

Why? I've run them with absolutely zero issues and I'm not a small dude. Only complaint would be a bit more vibration that I only notice because I blew up my hand last year.

More vibration? I’ve always found less with carbon bars. In fact that’s my main reason for using them.

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 11:57 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:
SileTzar wrote:

More vibration? I’ve always found less with carbon bars. In fact that’s my main reason for using them.

Spank vibrocore

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 12:26 Quote
thunder-nuggets wrote:
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:

Spank vibrocore

I have a pit of those on my hardtail. Nice bars but I still prefer the feel of raceface or Chromag carbon bars.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019780
Mobile Version of Website