Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 17:04 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Satori. Been thinking on the Process 134 cr, but a bit more tempted by the new Tallboy. Going to ride the fall out on this dude then frameswap over winter.

The new tallboy looks very nice

Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 19:10 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:
kranked350z wrote:
They do this stuff for cars too however now its usually cheap to just buy everything new but back in the day once you rotors were worn youd just put them and a lathe and get them resurfaced

Back in the day? I do this almost daily. Far less wasteful and it is still cheaper than buying new.
Turning the rotors should be part of nearly every automotive brake job... it's to even out the braking surface and remove areas hardened by excess heat. You only replace them if they've started to crack or if they've been turned enough to be thinner than safe thickness.

Machining or rotor replacement should be a part of every brake pad replacement. If they are corroded or have bad hot spotting they will likely thump/pulsate as you brake even after machining. So often I won't machine those, or advise the customer it might be noisy and give them the choice.

Posted: Sep 10, 2019 at 10:17 Quote
sherbet wrote:
I sometimes ride bikes.

Some bike I'm enjoying.

i thought you didnt like?

Posted: Sep 10, 2019 at 10:56 Quote
I greatly dislike the seat tube angle. The bike is still fun.

Posted: Sep 10, 2019 at 23:34 Quote
My morph prototype #1 has a 76.3 SA when paired with the 140 fork and hi flipchip.

With the 160 fork and lower flipchip it's slacker - more like 75.0 and I have to say I prefer 75 greatly to 76.3.

For V2 definitely going to slacken it off a bit. ~75 slackening to ~74 probably.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 10:30 Quote
sherbet wrote:

you should get a tallboy

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 13:35 Quote
sosburn wrote:
sherbet wrote:

you should get a tallboy

I second that

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 13:46 Quote
That's the plan. Life just got a little more expensive than I wanted, and I got a beater E-bike for winter use (no I'm not uploading a photo here) so the Tallboy went on hold for a bit. Will likely build it up over winter.

There's also another upcoming frame that I'm interested in, so waiting a bit doesn't really hurt. The Satori is a boatload of fun, even if it isn't perfect. We've probably got a month and a bit of riding before the weather is shit enough that it's just not fun. Sometimes we get until November with only rain, but that cold is shitttttttt.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 13:52 Quote
sherbet wrote:
That's the plan. Life just got a little more expensive than I wanted, and I got a beater E-bike for winter use (no I'm not uploading a photo here) so the Tallboy went on hold for a bit. Will likely build it up over winter.

There's also another upcoming frame that I'm interested in, so waiting a bit doesn't really hurt. The Satori is a boatload of fun, even if it isn't perfect. We've probably got a month and a bit of riding before the weather is shit enough that it's just not fun. Sometimes we get until November with only rain, but that cold is shitttttttt.

Gonna go alloy?

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 13:54 Quote
God no. I hate my bank account too much for that.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 13:57 Quote
sherbet wrote:

nice. i hate when life gets expensive but im interested to see how youd build a tallboy. my local shop has one built with a trust message that looks super dope.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 14:00 Quote
It's going to be a straight swap of parts from the Satori. Have the 130mm air shaft laying around waiting for the swap. Been thinking on going XTR12 for it, but would need a new driver and still waiting for XTR12 to go into EP pricing on S-tec. Last I checked they had almost the full groupo. Did also get a Reverb 170 at a pretty silly price, and considering putting that on it, but not sure if I need more than 150 on 'er.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 14:10 Quote
sherbet wrote:

Have you seen the yet to be released-to-the public bike that Marin has coming? Your shop is a Marin dealer isn't it? May fit the bill at a much lower price.
Thinking of one for myself. lol

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 14:35 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
sherbet wrote:

Have you seen the yet to be released-to-the public bike that Marin has coming? Your shop is a Marin dealer isn't it? May fit the bill at a much lower price.
Thinking of one for myself. lol

is it another naild-2-react

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024685
Mobile Version of Website