Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 16:31 Quote
sherbet wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:
sherbet wrote:
Photos were taken of the bike when new. Can ride it after.

I believe when it was new it had a sram drivetrain

The first photos of him on that drivetrain was a month ago. Not only are you wrong, this is a really weird thing to get stuck on. Lets move on.

...but the bike came new with sram x01 Cry

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 17:17 Quote
I will clear this up

Bike was built from ground up, I originally had sram x01/gx eagle drivetrain but I sold that and switched to XT 12 speed

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 18:12 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Sowwy.

I’m guessing you speak English so at least spell it like you mean it

Hey maaaane life’s too short - I forgive you :-)

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 13:41 Quote
Never paid attention I guess but that Kona sure does look like a trek.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 14:08 Quote
Gmoney do you like marzocchi fork?

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 14:09 Quote
sosburn wrote:

I've got a bunch of time on one. Really like it.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 14:31 Quote
sosburn wrote:

I love it, almost as much as my grip2

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 15:19 Quote
alright i hate to be that guy but im gonna do it anyways. i need some "what should i buy" advice.

Ive been riding my hightower LT for the last 1.5 years, and i love it, but recently i think ive fallen into a bit of a weird funk where im just not as stoked on it. I had actually ordered and received a megatower frame, but ended up returning it as there were a lot of negative reviews regarding the rear suspension from pb and various friends. i also needed money for school so returning the megatower freed some up.
My issue now is i have about ~$2k. i'm wanting to either retire my hightower frame and buy a Ripmo AF, or keep my hightower frame, buy a Trust Shout fork, since i figure if i like it i'll keep it and if i don't, i can use ye olde 30-day money back guarantee.
or i guess i can just stop riding for a little while and try getting something like a forbidden druid next year.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 18:00 Quote
Ride for the year, Reign 29er SX with the following changes:
Wheels: Onyx Vesper rear and Helix front to Giant TRX 0 hoops.
Dropper: One Up 170mm
Drivetrain: XT 12sp

Compared to last years Adv Pro 0 - it f*ckn rips.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 18:09 Quote
sosburn wrote:
alright i hate to be that guy but im gonna do it anyways. i need some "what should i buy" advice.

Ive been riding my hightower LT for the last 1.5 years, and i love it, but recently i think ive fallen into a bit of a weird funk where im just not as stoked on it. I had actually ordered and received a megatower frame, but ended up returning it as there were a lot of negative reviews regarding the rear suspension from pb and various friends. i also needed money for school so returning the megatower freed some up.
My issue now is i have about ~$2k. i'm wanting to either retire my hightower frame and buy a Ripmo AF, or keep my hightower frame, buy a Trust Shout fork, since i figure if i like it i'll keep it and if i don't, i can use ye olde 30-day money back guarantee.
or i guess i can just stop riding for a little while and try getting something like a forbidden druid next year.

Nukeproof mega 290, battleship grey, red fork, red coil, fox transfer dropper, hunt wheels, xt 12 speed or gx eagle, done.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 18:30 Quote
Gmoneyog1 wrote:
sosburn wrote:

Nukeproof mega 290, battleship grey, red fork, red coil, fox transfer dropper, hunt wheels, xt 12 speed or gx eagle, done.

hell yeah, puttin my order in for a 290 this week

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 18:59 Quote
thunder-nuggets wrote:
Gmoneyog1 wrote:
sosburn wrote:

hell yeah, puttin my order in for a 290 this week

Sweet! Getting the base model?

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 19:31 Quote
yeah, comp 290. lace up some halo vortex to it and maybe a 170mm shaft and shed be pretty

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 0:51 Quote
sosburn wrote:

Put the 2k aside....If you dont really need and want something now dont buy it.

Focus on school (I sould also also focus on University more now as summer is over lol) and maybe buy something later on.
Maybe you want the iPad for note taking/ learning/ drawing or a nice pair of clothes/ shoes. Who knows.

I usually only buy things now If I keep wanting to buy them over a month- otherwise youll be happy for short period of time.

I wanted to buy the Stumpjumper 29er for over 7 months now and I finally did and Im so, so happy with it Big Grin

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015835
Mobile Version of Website