Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 13:59 Quote
Nickwalker99 wrote:
Another perspective - I was riding on my Nomad V3 and really not enjoying it for months. I didn't know if it was the bike or me or my lack of progression. I eventually decided that the bike was partly to blame and I traded it in for my Ripmo. The Ibis has completely blown me away, I am enjoying riding more than ever - I am clearing climbs I've never made and putting PB's down on trails i've been riding for 3 years. The bike is so much better than anything I've ever ridden!

yeah that's why i was looking into a ripmo to replace my hightower. the issue is i dont really have trouble on the hightower, for example i went to downieville for the first time ever a couple weeks ago and cleared the Waterfall section my first try, without much difficulty at all. so i'm not sure how much better a ripmo will be compared to what i have now, although i guess it is a bit slacker and the seat angle is steeper. i think i may just wait it out like others have suggested and try and ride my hightower how it is till i come back from taiwan and hopefully by then i can get an XL druid frame on order.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 14:49 Quote
mcozzy wrote:
My kenevo fitted with sc reserves & saint brakes from my bronson, as im probably not going to use it again Big Grin

Now retired. Haters going to hate Hahahaha lol lol

Wonder if putting those reserve wheels on an e-bike voids the warranty?

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 14:54 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
Wonder if putting those reserve wheels on an e-bike voids the warranty?

"Lifetime Warranty

Lifetime. No gimmicks. Not limited. If you do actually manage to break our rim while out riding, we'll replace it for free. And probably high five you in the process! If it gets run over by a truck we'll help you out with a low cost accidental 'crash replacement', because life's too short to argue. We know riding time's too precious to keep you waiting, so we'll do our best to sort you out fast."

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 15:20 Quote
Haven't posted my ride in a while. Spot Rolik 150. Recent adds are new tires (Onza Ibex front, Continental MountainKing rear), XT 11sp shifter/derailleur, and e13 TRS+ cranks.

I love this bike, it's so much fun to ride. Kind of eyeing Manitou's Mara Pro shock as an upgrade to the DPX2 performance that's on there now.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 20:14 Quote
That's a sweet spot! My coworker just got a mayhem a few weeks ago. Nice looking bikes!

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 21:34 Quote

had this rig for a few weeks but really craving a 29"

size large if anyone is interested tup

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 22:09 Quote
thunder-nuggets wrote:

Its too bad you chose the most boutique brand you could possibly find. Hopefully it sells soon budBig Grin

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 23:23 Quote
Gmoneyog1 wrote:
thunder-nuggets wrote:

Its too bad you chose the most boutique brand you could possibly find. Hopefully it sells soon budBig Grin

what even is it?! (pardon my ignorance)

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 2:05 Quote
sosburn wrote:
Nickwalker99 wrote:
Another perspective - I was riding on my Nomad V3 and really not enjoying it for months. I didn't know if it was the bike or me or my lack of progression. I eventually decided that the bike was partly to blame and I traded it in for my Ripmo. The Ibis has completely blown me away, I am enjoying riding more than ever - I am clearing climbs I've never made and putting PB's down on trails i've been riding for 3 years. The bike is so much better than anything I've ever ridden!

yeah that's why i was looking into a ripmo to replace my hightower. the issue is i dont really have trouble on the hightower, for example i went to downieville for the first time ever a couple weeks ago and cleared the Waterfall section my first try, without much difficulty at all. so i'm not sure how much better a ripmo will be compared to what i have now, although i guess it is a bit slacker and the seat angle is steeper. i think i may just wait it out like others have suggested and try and ride my hightower how it is till i come back from taiwan and hopefully by then i can get an XL druid frame on order.

Hehe- youve got summer breaks I assume?
Every time Ive got more than usual time on my hands I keep thinking about buying this and that...but when the learning sessions kick in I forget about it 95% of the time.

Focus on your grades instead of searching for new bikes, will help more in the long run.

If youre happy with your bike: Keep it and be happy with what youve got- Im more than happy with my Stumpjumper now and wont even Change anything on it as it rides to perfect.

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 2:08 Quote
My Stumpjumper above Vienna :-)

The colour is just charming.

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 2:14 Quote
What are good riding spots around Vienna?
I could go on Trailforks or Strava but that takes effort.

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 3:31 Quote
SileTzar wrote:

If you can, try to stop at Schöckl, close to Graz. That place is quite rough, but ton of fun to ride.

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 4:35 Quote
SileTzar wrote:
The shared Trails are in Trailforks (all legal)

I would ride: Wurzeltrail (you end Up in Weidling auch), Go Back up and ride the Roan Trail and pedal either to the Südtiroler or take the singletrail from the Hermannskogel (a really nice Trail) and Finish with the Rollercoaster at Leopoldsberg.
Kahlenberg Trails are roughly the same as the ones on the big hill in Zagreb- but no big jumps as on the on insane line there (forgot the Name)

You can combine the trails at Kahlenberg and Leopoldsberg very easiely+ you cross fire roads which you can pedal up fast.

For a day you can check out the Trailpark Mauerbach too- 3 trails and 1 uphill trail- really nicely shaped.

And dont forget the Anninger in the South of Vienna (Mödling/Gießhübl)... Rocky, rooty and technical and no leafes as there is softwood forest.

You can send me a PM If youre in Vienna Smile

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 5:07 Quote
Sure man, thanks Salute

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 21:05 Quote
sosburn wrote:
alright i hate to be that guy but im gonna do it anyways. i need some "what should i buy" advice.

Ive been riding my hightower LT for the last 1.5 years, and i love it, but recently i think ive fallen into a bit of a weird funk where im just not as stoked on it. I had actually ordered and received a megatower frame, but ended up returning it as there were a lot of negative reviews regarding the rear suspension from pb and various friends. i also needed money for school so returning the megatower freed some up.
My issue now is i have about ~$2k. i'm wanting to either retire my hightower frame and buy a Ripmo AF, or keep my hightower frame, buy a Trust Shout fork, since i figure if i like it i'll keep it and if i don't, i can use ye olde 30-day money back guarantee.
or i guess i can just stop riding for a little while and try getting something like a forbidden druid next year.
In 2 months there's probably gonna be a pretty game changing mid travel bike available, so holding off for a bit might be real wise.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023140
Mobile Version of Website